• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Many thanks, C&P.

Sounds like he might be a good signing for the right club. His goalscoring record at Colchester wasn't great, but as you say, above, it didn't suit his style of play at times.

Players with goalscoring instincts and being in the right place at the right time seem less these days, so anyone with those attributes should do well at most levels.

Potentially a very good player, his face didn't really fit at times here for some reason. He spent 6 years in the Ipswich academy (From the age of 8) and then 4 years in ours from the age of 14. He then played about 80 games for us as a senior player over the next 4 years but many of those was as a sub. Still a good age only 23 in October he could be a great striker for someone if played correctly, use him as a target man and he will fail!

Potentially a very good player, his face didn't really fit at times here for some reason. He spent 6 years in the Ipswich academy (From the age of 8) and then 4 years in ours from the age of 14. He then played about 80 games for us as a senior player over the next 4 years but many of those was as a sub. Still a good age only 23 in October he could be a great striker for someone if played correctly, use him as a target man and he will fail!

Sounds like an ideal first signing of the summer for CP then.

I'm sure that CP has great contacts in the game and regularly keeps tabs on potential targets. Next season should be a very good year.

I'm sure that CP has great contacts in the game and regularly keeps tabs on potential targets. Next season should be a very good year.

I believe PB had some very good contacts but largely up north, and he also "bummed" a few clubs off in dealings. SCP ought to have more London centric and positive current associations.

Just to kick off the annual rumour, Anthony Grant has been transfer listed.

Think it’s the usual last year of contract policy at Posh.

I’d be keen to see the likes of;
Mohamed Eisa (Cheltenham) - 23 goals this season;
Christian Doidge (Forest Green) - 21 goals
Kristian Dennis (Cheltenham) - 19 goals

Eisa (6ft) and Doidge (6’2) are 23 and 25 respectively, Dennis is 28 and 5’11.

Dennis is a prolific goalscorer, and the other 2 look useful.

Doidge would surely be a good buy, as he does the business in a struggling side, have seen him play a couple of times and I’d say he’d be a good partner for Cox?

Absolutely no chance of us being able to sign Eisa. Signed a long term contract at the start of the season and would command a fee we would never be able to afford. Would imagine he’d end up at a Championship club or a League 1 club with a much bigger budget.

Christian Doidge would be a real asset for us. What's his contract status, I know he signed on a two-year contract in June 2018 but has that changed since? Forest Green would be loathe to lose him and I'm sure would demand a high fee if they are able to.

Christian Doidge would be a real asset for us. What's his contract status, I know he signed on a two-year contract in June 2018 but has that changed since? Forest Green would be loathe to lose him and I'm sure would demand a high fee if they are able to.

Can I borrow your time machine please

Who ever comes in ,it will be early pre season i cant see chris having a holiday as he had been out of the game for a while ,
whoever comes in im sure there be a good mix of young and experienced players

Some really good Chelsea youngsters out there available for loan, fed up with the standard of the young loanees we've been getting in the main. Would like us to have some other clubs use us as "development".

Chuks Aneke please

Is this the guy who was useless playing for MK, who missed the target from close range and then had a strop?

I have only ever seen him play that one time but didn’t see anything in that performance to suggest he’d be worth having.

Is this the guy who was useless playing for MK, who missed the target from close range and then had a strop?

I have only ever seen him play that one time but didn’t see anything in that performance to suggest he’d be worth having.

Disagree. He was the one player in the MK side who caused us problems with his power and aggression. He's just the sort of beast we could do with up front. Think he had a couple of half-chances in the first half but on both occasions a last-ditch challenge stopped him from striking the ball cleanly. I would take him.

Disagree. He was the one player in the MK side who caused us problems with his power and aggression. He's just the sort of beast we could do with up front. Think he had a couple of half-chances in the first half but on both occasions a last-ditch challenge stopped him from striking the ball cleanly. I would take him.

It was the body language I didn’t like about him. Maybe put himself about a bit but each time it didn’t come off for him his head got lower and lower. Kept walking back in to position like a sulky teenager. Wouldn’t want that sort of personality in a team that needs results!

I thought he was woeful and dealt with ease by our defence. Harrison from Bristol Rovers looked world class in comparison only a few days ago.

Would love to see us get someone like Tom Eaves. Looked dangerous when he played us and I fancy Cox would do well playing off someone like that. Despite only having a year left on his deal though, I imagine Gillingham would want a fee far bigger than we could afford.

Would love to see us get someone like Tom Eaves. Looked dangerous when he played us and I fancy Cox would do well playing off someone like that. Despite only having a year left on his deal though, I imagine Gillingham would want a fee far bigger than we could afford.

That's the down side to Cox. He is not the right man to partner a big number 9.

Back