• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

We are not talking about the next election though are we also as I have said previously any party who tries to force an election now will lose the next one and I would place a bet on that as the country is sick of going to the polls. (Notice I said polls rather than Poles for our right wing people :winking:)

I'm quite happy to bet you a tenner (loser pays SZ)that Labour will win* any general election held in the next two years.

*ie have more seats than the Tories and thus be able to form a government,possibly in coalition with other parties.

They will have after the next election though-especially if it's held in the next 2 years before the new boundary changes come in to effect.:raspberry:

PS There was never any talk of a possible deal with Sinn Fein.

Only because Sinn Fein don't take their seats. The irony is the DUP were only invented to counter act Sinn Fein. Now they can keep JC out of power.

Only because Sinn Fein don't take their seats. The irony is the DUP were only invented to counter act Sinn Fein. Now they can keep JC out of power.

And quite possibly wreck the Good Friday agreement at Stormont in the process, as John Major warned yesterday.

I'm quite happy to bet you a tenner (loser pays SZ)that Labour will win* any general election held in the next two years.

*ie have more seats than the Tories and thus be able to form a government,possibly in coalition with other parties.

Do you really think it will be in two years. May will be gone sooner than later. I suppose Boris will be seen as the best Tory option if we are to have yet another GE this year.

That will please JC because he didn't agree with it anyway. :thumbsup:

He certaintly wants to look at the deal with the DUP.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2017-40267771

Do you really think it will be in two years. May will be gone sooner than later. I suppose Boris will be seen as the best Tory option if we are to have yet another GE this year.

FWIW,I'd agree that May probably won't last two years.Prefer not to comment on your second opinion.

Umunna, Benn and Cooper overlooked for shadow cabinet positions. A real shame. Three great politicians who would only further Labour's cause left out in the cold for purely personal reasons.

Umunna, Benn and Cooper overlooked for shadow cabinet positions. A real shame. Three great politicians who would only further Labour's cause left out in the cold for purely personal reasons.
left out because they didn't want the job and so someone else took it. They can bide their time if they want the top jobs again - it's not been a week yet since they said 'so it turns out the public like you'

I'm amazed she's still here TBH.
Can see a leadership challenge on the horizon - and frankly, what does she expect after the shambles she has plunged the country into at a time when we least need it.
Liability, get rid of sharpish.

I'm confused why any Labour voter would want to return to the days of Blair & New Labour. The fact that he voted Tory speaks volumes.

You're easily confused aren't you?

Because he's not part and doesn't buy into the 'extreme left' policy of JC and those sycophants around him and also because like many many other entrepreneurs and small business men and women up and down the country he prospered under Blair and the 'New Labour' philosophy. And let's not forget it was a Labour party in name only. Many, including Blair himself, are and were more right wing than many a centre left Conservative.

And he explains why he voted Tory but I suppose you chose to not hear that bit or you just didn't bother watching it all.

You're easily confused aren't you?

Because he's not part and doesn't buy into the 'extreme left' policy of JC and those sycophants around him and also because like many many other entrepreneurs and small business men and women up and down the country he prospered under Blair and the 'New Labour' philosophy. And let's not forget it was a Labour party in name only. Many, including Blair himself, are and were more right wing than many a centre left Conservative.

And he explains why he voted Tory but I suppose you chose to not hear that bit or you just didn't bother watching it all.

No I can't. I'm at work. None of JC policies were extreme-left, just sensible for the vast majority of the working class voters of this country.

He's not a true Labour supporter so Barna is spot on when he says it's no loss - we've gained thousands of supporters and future voters.

There is so much with the LBC caller that underpins "for the few, not the many". The guy has obviously done well for himself, moving into an affluent area and owning his own private chauffeuring business, but it seems incredibly selfish of him to then start ranting that Public sector workers are underpaid and need a payrise, but at the same time wanting to pay less to accommodate that. How does he think the public sector works? And on foodbanks, he did exactly what the Tories were doing throughout the election, essentially dismissed them as if they are an invention by Labour to get votes.

He says the whole way through that Corbyn lied and May told the truth... Bit far fetched to be honest and not really true is it.

He also says on a number of occasions that Corbyn would be dangerous for this country but offers no actual explanation as to why. I am all for having my mind changed about people, but at least tell me why, rather than just saying "I know what you would have done to my country". Well what is that? Tell us all... Just because you are angry and rant for 9 minutes does not mean you will change peoples minds. Calm reasoned explanation would have far more power, which is in part why Corbyn did so well in the election because of his calmness to, what was at times, some very intense questioning.

Back