• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

Blair and Livingstone have no involvement in UK politics so maybe ask Boris Johnson about the fire station closures while he was Mayor for two terms and then work backwards from there? Most recent first seems a prudent line of enquiry.
Would be good if you can remind them both about that, because they seem to like sticking their beaks in from time to time.

Blair and Livingstone have no involvement in UK politics so maybe ask Boris Johnson about the fire station closures while he was Mayor for two terms and then work backwards from there? Most recent first seems a prudent line of enquiry.

Well there's a surprise....You avoid answering a question and blame the Tories.

Well there's a surprise....You avoid answering a question and blame the Tories.
no I didn't answer what I assumed was a rhetorical question, how would I know the exact reasoning for one specific policy form 10+ years ago? I live in the present not in a bubble that thinks that today's issues are somehow served by bringing up things from 4, 5 or 6 Parliaments ago.

Would be good if you can remind them both about that, because they seem to like sticking their beaks in from time to time.
ex-politicians miss the limelight but I can't say I pay too much attention to the Blairs and Majors of this world shouting from the sidelines. May and Corbyn and those they surround themselves with are what impacts on our lives.

Of course Livingstone will do once his suspension has expired. Remember labour only suspended him for being anti semitic.

I'll caveat this by thinking that Corbyn basking in glory, coupled with that standing ovation/song and dance welcome to the Commons yesterday, has been utterly ridiculous given the outcome of the election and the fact that we're on course for the furthest-right government in some time.

But, you have to regard the election result as something of an achievement for Labour, or at least give credit where credit is due. Labour were all but expected to be wiped out, but Corbyn has managed to rally the party and significant swathes of the electorate to win seats. That was unthinkable eight weeks ago.

As I've said though, for Corbyn to say this is a win for the party is rubbish. His job now becomes one of ensuring the party unites and continues to rally against the government, holding it to account wherever possible. Any indication that Corbyn is resting on his laurels should be jumped upon.

I think this sums it up:

NumberCrunching.jpg

Of course Livingstone will do once his suspension has expired. Remember labour only suspended him for being anti semitic.
for someone who has a seemingly very narrow interest in political discussion I am surprised that you are still getting this wrong. He was suspended from the party for two years for bringing the party into disrepute. At that point it will be reviewed, so that won't necessarily be the end of his punishment. But he doesn't have a gagging order, he is free to speak about whatever he wants in the meantime. There is an ever decreasing amount of people willing to take notice of what he has to say, but there will always be some stalwarts such as yourself who hang on his every word.

for someone who has a seemingly very narrow interest in political discussion I am surprised that you are still getting this wrong. He was suspended from the party for two years for bringing the party into disrepute. At that point it will be reviewed, so that won't necessarily be the end of his punishment. But he doesn't have a gagging order, he is free to speak about whatever he wants in the meantime. There is an ever decreasing amount of people willing to take notice of what he has to say, but there will always be some stalwarts such as yourself who hang on his every word.

Indeed he was. The labour party couldn't even admit he was being anti-semitic. However, we can only hope that won't be the end of his punishment.

All it's missing is:

75+ Seat majority May was expecting after being coerced by David Davis et al into triggering a snap GE.

13 Seats lost at said GE, leaving the party without a working majority.

How does any of that highlight how hypocritical Corduroy is? He doesn't have a sincere bone in his body, he just thinks he does.

It is the Tories who are in disarray after the 2017 election result not Labour.

It is the Tories who will be looking to a deal with the DUP to hang onto office (not power) for the next two years.Not Labour.

More likely to raise a glass in hope of her early demise.

As for Abbott, big deal, get on with it like the rest of us.

No need to stick your oar in.

I made my feelings about Mrs May's Type 1 diabetes very clear.Even my wife commented that she didn't look at all well in Paris on C4 news last night.I agreed with her.

It is the Tories who are in disarray after the 2017 election result not Labour.

It is the Tories who will be looking to a deal with the DUP to hang onto office (not power) for the next two years.Not Labour.

No because they haven't got anywhere near enough seats to do a deal with anyone despite talking about doing a deal with Libs, greens, SNP , Plaid and possibly Sinn Fein and still won't add up to enough.

No because they haven't got anywhere near enough seats to do a deal with anyone despite talking about doing a deal with Libs, greens, SNP , Plaid and possibly Sinn Fein and still won't add up to enough.

They will have after the next election though-especially if it's held in the next 2 years before the new boundary changes come in to effect.:raspberry:

PS There was never any talk of a possible deal with Sinn Fein.

They will have after the next election though-especially if it's held in the next 2 years before the new boundary changes come in to effect.:raspberry:

We are not talking about the next election though are we also as I have said previously any party who tries to force an election now will lose the next one and I would place a bet on that as the country is sick of going to the polls. (Notice I said polls rather than Poles for our right wing people :winking:)

How does any of that highlight how hypocritical Corduroy is? He doesn't have a sincere bone in his body, he just thinks he does.

It provides the context to which Corbyn is "celebrating", which is fairly important.

If you extrapolate it into football terms, it's the equivalent of a beleaguered League One club earning an enticing replay at Old Trafford with a spirited performance at home in the third round of the FA Cup. That said League One club used to be a Premier League contender is important to remember - not least because it's the aftermath of recent mismanagement - but it's an important result all the same and one that could inspire it to former glories.

And, I hate it to break it to you, but if you're after sincerity in politics then you're dearly lost.

Back