• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hate to say it, but a quick read online of various Gills publications suggests that Nelson may not be the solid, experienced keeper we think he is. Holds hero status with a lot of the fans for his service to the club, but an awful lot of them are glad to see him released and reckon he's an accident waiting to happen. Also read a lot of them say that League Two is his level and that he wasn't up to League One standard.

Hard to not trust the opinion of fans who see him week in week out, but if they're right then I feel Ted may win the battle for the number 1 spot.

Hate to say it, but a quick read online of various Gills publications suggests that Nelson may not be the solid, experienced keeper we think he is. Holds hero status with a lot of the fans for his service to the club, but an awful lot of them are glad to see him released and reckon he's an accident waiting to happen. Also read a lot of them say that League Two is his level and that he wasn't up to League One standard.

Hard to not trust the opinion of fans who see him week in week out, but if they're right then I feel Ted may win the battle for the number 1 spot.

I guess the good news is that if you believe what the fans are saying we have just made a cracking signing in Jason Demetriou[h=1][/h]

I'm sure Gillingham fans are know different to ours....half of them live in a fantasy land and are full of ****..?

The Northern Irish keeper McGovern is a free agent this summer. Only played a handful of games for Hamilton Accademical last season. Surely in our budget? He's playng a blinder against Germany atm

And yet we all know that you can have the best goalie in the league but you still need a good set of defenders in front of him. Let's see who Brown brings in to shore up our leaky back 4 (or will it be a back 5?) ................ :stunned:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonathan-forte/leistungsdaten/spieler/39505
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonathan-forte/leistungsdaten/spieler/39505/plus/0?saison=2014

Very good site- goes to great detail including where on the pitch they played each game. Majority of games on left wing over last couple of years although used down the middle more than occasionally. Described as left winger because that's mostly where he has played at least over the last couple of years.

I think we can settle on the fact that he is pretty effective at both.

Thanks for those links. That looks like a promising site.

How accurate are they?

Out of interest I see in local Medway rag that Justin Edinburgh is having talks with a young Premiership striker with a view to a season long loan. Edinburgh re stated the need for 4 senior strikers to complete his attacking line up .One of these he believes should be an out an out target man, as he feels they missed this type of presence.

"Bringing in a striker for a season will help with the stability of the squad, we were unsettled at times by using the short term loan system" ( which is no longer available) " It caused us a bit of indecision at times and unbalanced us "

Wonder who our 4 Senior strikers will be?

Hopefully not too long now to wait for our first signing as we are only one of 5 clubs in our league not to capture anyone yet despite Phils public statement of the benefits and opportunity to get players in early and his alleged plan to do so. Oh wait for it, we are a poor club, we have just been unlucky, Phils interviewed 96 players , they are all on holiday, etc

Anyway here is Phils get em in early table.....

players signed since 10th May .. Top. 12

Fleetwood.............8
Shrewsbury...........6
Northampton.........5
Barnsley................4
Charlton................3
Peterborough.........3
Chesterfield...........3
Afc Wimbledon.......2
Gills.....................2
Bris Rovers............2
Walsall..................2
Sheff Utd...............2

The top four have somehow managed to bring in 23 players between them
Apart from us Port Vale, Bolton, Oldham and Bradford are also slow starters. I know it doesn't necessarily mean a lot, just thought it was interesting to compare what's happening so far. As we need between 6 and 8 watch Us shoot up the table soon.

Hopefully not too long now to wait for our first signing as we are only one of 5 clubs in our league not to capture anyone yet despite Phils public statement of the benefits and opportunity to get players in early and his alleged plan to do so. Oh wait for it, we are a poor club, we have just been unlucky, Phils interviewed 96 players , they are all on holiday, etc

Fleetwood.............8
Shrewsbury...........6
Northampton.........5
Peterborough.........3
Chesterfield...........3
Afc Wimbledon.......2
Bris Rovers............2

Apart from us Port Vale, Bolton, Oldham and Bradford are also slow starters. I know it doesn't necessarily mean a lot, just thought it was interesting to compare what's happening so far. As we need between 6 and 8 watch Us shoot up the table soon.

This really worries me, the need to bring in 4 or 5 can prove difficult, to bring in up to 8 is a concern. To think that the quality of player required is on par if not better than the likes of Bentley, Payne, Worrall, Bolger, the old Hurst etc then that's a massive task. So far the lad from Walsall looks a very good potential signing, Mcglashan and Nelson don't feel me with confidence especially if a rival league one club are happy to let them go. Nicky Clark seems to be rumbling along, worried that we might be his only offer at present, not always the perfect signing if this is the case. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks. But if we don't get quality in, we are going to struggle massively next season.

Fleetwood.............8
Shrewsbury...........6
Northampton.........5
Peterborough.........3
Chesterfield...........3
Afc Wimbledon.......2
Bris Rovers............2

If you are going to be the new mrsblue with pointless stats, then at least use teams that will actually be in L1.

When PB talks about signing early, the idea is to have players for pre-season not for the holiday season.

This really worries me, the need to bring in 4 or 5 can prove difficult, to bring in up to 8 is a concern. To think that the quality of player required is on par if not better than the likes of Bentley, Payne, Worrall, Bolger, the old Hurst etc then that's a massive task. So far the lad from Walsall looks a very good potential signing, Mcglashan and Nelson don't feel me with confidence especially if a rival league one club are happy to let them go. Nicky Clark seems to be rumbling along, worried that we might be his only offer at present, not always the perfect signing if this is the case. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks. But if we don't get quality in, we are going to struggle massively next season.

How would you manage that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fleetwood.............8
Shrewsbury...........6
Northampton.........5
Peterborough.........3
Chesterfield...........3
Afc Wimbledon.......2
Bris Rovers............2

The additional column that would be interesting is the number of them in each case we were either ourselves in for or would be interested in? The only player we have wanted and has gone elsewhere I can think of is Novak??

Early season prediction .? Southend 0 Gillngham 1. knott scores from a free kick!
nah McGlashen lashes one in for us as a great start to his season following his failure to score last year and Williams bags a hat trick?

Back