• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just seen that according to Sky Sources Ched Evans is due to sign for Chesterfield, given that he is going through re-trial a likely to be found not guilty, would we have considered him or more importantly would you have wanted the club to have considered/signed him?

Just seen that according to Sky Sources Ched Evans is due to sign for Chesterfield, given that he is going through re-trial a likely to be found not guilty, would we have considered him or more importantly would you have wanted the club to have considered/signed him?

Yes, just posted on another thread ......... clearly a good player but the retrial may well disrupt his playing career for the coming season.

WagnerRevolution sounds like that bloke off X Factor got annoyed with Simon Cowell.

ps sorry Jack but a bad move all round. Huddersfield will struggle this season.

A chance to play championship football and double his salary. No brainer. Hope we get a good compensation package and a decent sell on.

How is he likely to be found not guilty?

Well given that his sentence went to the court of appeal and was overturned and he has to now go through a re-trial, its difficult to re convict someone of the same incident without any new fresh evidence, and the new fresh evidence supports that he was wrongly convicted in the first place, hence the overturn of the sentence.

I'm not supporting what happened at that time, nor do i condone the actions, but i struggle to see, with the justice system, how he can be found guilty for the same incident that was overturned.

Well given that his sentence went to the court of appeal and was overturned and he has to now go through a re-trial, its difficult to re convict someone of the same incident without any new fresh evidence, and the new fresh evidence supports that he was wrongly convicted in the first place, hence the overturn of the sentence.

I'm not supporting what happened at that time, nor do i condone the actions, but i struggle to see, with the justice system, how he can be found guilty for the same incident that was overturned.

I'm no expert, but a re-trial will examine all evidence that has subsequently come to light. I would hope/trust the jury will be fresh as well.

I'm no expert, but a re-trial will examine all evidence that has subsequently come to light. I would hope/trust the jury will be fresh as well.

I too am no expert, but the Jury is likely to be new and fresh. However given that the appeals court saw enough in the new evidence that he was wrongly convicted, i would expect him to receive minimal to no conviction, with the most likely outcome being found not guilty, but this does depend on what charge he is being tried against. If he is to be convicted then i would say that he will receive a suspended sentence or community service, but as i say i cant see it myself, but we shall see what will happen.

I too am no expert, but the Jury is likely to be new and fresh. However given that the appeals court saw enough in the new evidence that he was wrongly convicted, i would expect him to receive minimal to no conviction, with the most likely outcome being found not guilty, but this does depend on what charge he is being tried against. If he is to be convicted then i would say that he will receive a suspended sentence or community service, but as i saw i cant see it myself, but we shall see what will happen.

Thanks for an erudite and well-written reply. :thumbsup:

Lets not get into debate on this thread. He isnt an option even if we wanted him.

If he is to be convicted then i would say that he will receive a suspended sentence or community service, but as i say i cant see it myself, but we shall see what will happen.
But didn't he do his time already? Surely this re-trial is purely to clear his name, not to send him back to jail for something he's already served a sentence for.

Thought not.

We don't have to finish in the top six, even if we are up there in the first half of the season other clubs would come in for PB if they could. There will of course be the usual pointless sackings next season, as I believe last season was the record so far. Look how many managers left L1, some for a better job but most sacked.

Back