• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So, hopefully, three signings to be made this week.

CP is commenting on Jason Demetriou tomorrow, so I'm going to guess him, McGlashan & Nicky Clark, which I think will be a good start.

So, hopefully, three signings to be made this week.

CP is commenting on Jason Demetriou tomorrow, so I'm going to guess him, McGlashan & Nicky Clark, which I think will be a good start.

It's a start, shame we couldn't add Novak to those 3 then I'd be really excited.

Sorry may have missed this discussion- Demetriou is a RB and we already have O'Neil & White? So whose going? We won't have 3 first team full backs? Or is Demetriou not really a RB?

Sorry may have missed this discussion- Demetriou is a RB and we already have O'Neil & White? So whose going? We won't have 3 first team full backs? Or is Demetriou not really a RB?
When I asked my Orient supporting friend about him they said his best position was winger so who knows!

January 2016.
The attack-minded full-back continued what has been an outstanding first season at the Banks’s by netting in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Blackpool.
Demetriou joked afterwards that while a defender, he doesn’t actually enjoy defending.
But that doesn’t bother O’Driscoll who believes the Cypriot international adds great balance to the side.
Sean O'Driscoll.
The head coach said: "Demetriou has been really good. With Anthony Forde being a bit more adept at creating space inside, it gives him a bit more licence to get forward.

“He is still playing with a bit of a knee problem but we are trying to manage it. We are a much different side when he is in the team.
“The balance of the team is much better and we are more of a threat on the right-hand side.”

I hope that knee problem has been sorted out.

We don't have to finish in the top six, even if we are up there in the first half of the season other clubs would come in for PB if they could.

Not if they remember his pathetic behaviour at that last game of the season, they won't.

Demetriou was always an attacking midfielder when playing for Orient. If we were to sign him I'd hope it's with the intention of playing him on the right of midfield. Lord knows we could use the width...

But didn't he do his time already? Surely this re-trial is purely to clear his name, not to send him back to jail for something he's already served a sentence for.
Yes,as a result of the distinctly dubious "guilty" verdict,he was given a five year sentence,but ,unsurprisingly, his impeccable conduct inside meant he was released after 2 1/2 years.The only result of the retrial will be to prove he should never have gone down in the first place....if only we d signed him!

Demetriou was always an attacking midfielder when playing for Orient. If we were to sign him I'd hope it's with the intention of playing him on the right of midfield. Lord knows we could use the width...

At Walsall, he has been an excellent attacking right back.

Should he be the full back we are interested in, I'd be over the moon with that, and expect that O'Neill would probably be one of the departures PB has mentioned. JW could act as cover for both LB & RB, as well as a 5th CB.

Altogether now ...... "We'll sign again, don't know where, don't know when........"

Actually that reminds me. Under what manager did we sing 'We'll win again"? Alvin Martin? Dick Bate? Someone else?

An experienced lower league keeper but he doesn't particularly excite me as a great signing.

I've got to agree, but then if he goes about his work quietly and solidly and keeps clean sheets then i will be happy, it will be interesting to see if we start with Nelson or Smith this year, i have a feeling that if we bring in Nelson, he will be here for a year to allow Ted to develop that little bit more and to pass on his experience. For me doesn't need to be an exciting signing in Goal just goes about doing the job required.

At Walsall, he has been an excellent attacking right back.

Should he be the full back we are interested in, I'd be over the moon with that, and expect that O'Neill would probably be one of the departures PB has mentioned. JW could act as cover for both LB & RB, as well as a 5th CB.

Certainly very highly rated wherever he's been and a definite upgrade (although will be interesting see who goes). Very effective also as a wing back in a 352 (didn't Walsall set up that way quite regularly??). Either way a significantly more attacking option.

An experienced lower league keeper but he doesn't particularly excite me as a great signing.

He's 34 now, but seems to be one of those goalkeepers that got better with age.
He made his debut for Gillingham on 18 August 2012 against Bradford City. In his first season with the club they won the League Two title and Nelson was runner up at the Player of the Season awards.
He received the club's player of the year award for the 2013-14 season. I think it would be a great signing, especially as Ted Smith is nowhere near ready just yet.

Back