• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The additional column that would be interesting is the number of them in each case we were either ourselves in for or would be interested in? The only player we have wanted and has gone elsewhere I can think of is Novak??

The question really is - who would have been a decent signing and has gone to a club where we can compete with the wages on offer? There must be very very few.

Early season prediction .? Southend 0 Gillngham 1. knott scores from a free kick!
nah McGlashen lashes one in for us as a great start to his season following his failure to score last year and Williams bags a hat trick?

Score would have been Southend 0 Gillngham 1- McGlashan falls over and wins penalty
Score will now be Southend 1 Gillngham 0- McGlashan falls over and wins penalty

Interesting snippet on back page of echo- Noel Hunt has still to confirm whether he will accept our new contract offer and is currently on holiday. Not heard him linked with anyone lease and he has not rejected the offer (yet anyway). So still not impossible he will stay on reduced terms I guess..

K
If you are going to be the new mrsblue with pointless stats, then at least use teams that will actually be in L1.

When PB talks about signing early, the idea is to have players for pre-season not for the holiday season.

So by replacing Barnsley with Charlton the top four have brought in 22. Your querying the point is validated by one less transfer.

As for PB meaning in time for pre-season, you must have been told this by PB himself as most of us considered his statement to mean asap. C!early then, all those he has been chasing, were never intended to be signed because it's too early.

Thanks for clearing up those points Rigsby.

I know the keeper we were after has opted to go else where, i'm not sure if this was Nelson or someone else as i wasn't given name. So on to plan b,c,d,e and f.

K

So by replacing Barnsley with Charlton the top four have brought in 22. Your querying the point is validated by one less transfer.

As for PB meaning in time for pre-season, you must have been told this by PB himself as most of us considered his statement to mean asap. C!early then, all those he has been chasing, were never intended to be signed because it's too early.

Thanks for clearing up those points Rigsby.

You will be pleased to know your 100% right it was PB himself who spoke to me.

PB has spoken and interviewed most of his targets before the end of May. Just like Huddersfield had with JP. Things will start to move over the next few weeks. Of course as its football we are talking about there will be some changes over the summer as we have already seen with Novak. I not saying all our targets will be signed as we may still have players grabbed by a bigger clubs. So some might not arrive until later.

If you remember from previous seasons it was only about now that we started our search for players.

Glad I could clear that up for you onesknownasrab.

!
You will be pleased to know your 100% right it was PB himself who spoke to me.

PB has spoken and interviewed most of his targets before the end of May. Just like Huddersfield had with JP. Things will start to move over the next few weeks. Of course as its football we are talking about there will be some changes over the summer as we have already seen with Novak. I not saying all our targets will be signed as we may still have players grabbed by a bigger clubs. So some might not arrive until later.

If you remember from previous seasons it was only about now that we started our search for players.

Glad I could clear that up for you onesknownasrab.

Well that's very nice indeed. Perhaps PB should make you an official spokesperson as well as confidant. Clearly what he says to you is less ambiguous than what he says publicly.

!

Well that's very nice indeed. Perhaps PB should make you an official spokesperson as well as confidant. Clearly what he says to you is less ambiguous than what he says publicly.

Of course I am neither of the above. Like any fan I was just interested how we were progressing with the summer signings when I bumped into PB. Despite your hatred of the man I have always found him very approachable and he has been happy to talk to us punters.

What he did say was that a lot of the better players are holding out for the best offer this summer. Whether you like it or not he will be our manger next season so I'm sure we all want him to at least try and get the best players that our club can afford. If that means we are down the imaginary signings league in late June, then so what

It is said he is thinking over staying to fight for his place as Shrewsbury but his name does not show up on the retained or squad list .So who knows

He still has a year on his contract so he wouldn't be on either list. I think Shrewsbury want a fee for him which we are not interested in.

Amongst other things I am interested to hear from the club whether we are:-

Chasing Barnett.
Have any intentions of getting Piotr back either permanently or for the season.
Whether Hunt will be back next season.

Well, when I say "from the club" I really mean a reliable sauce on here .................:unsure:

Have now had it confirmed from a source in the club that Nelson was the keeper we were after and that he has opted to go elsewhere/stay with Gillingham.

Have now had it confirmed from a source in the club that Nelson was the keeper we were after and that he has opted to go elsewhere/stay with Gillingham.

No huge loss for me. I can't help but feel there will be better available if we hold out. We can always delve into the loan market if we struggle to get someone in.

How about Chris Kirkland as a keeper? Released by Preston, hugely experienced, played at the highest level. Wages and geography (all his clubs have been northern) may be barriers though.

Back