• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No obviously way way to old at 29 and 18 goals as a winger in the 68 games in his two years at Oldham proves is an injury prone crock who clearly has no idea where the onion bag is...

I really feel for PB....he will get slaughtered unless he somehow finds a L1 or higher winger, aged 25 or younger, who played at least 90 games (rather than 68) the last two years and scoring at least 20-25 goals (not a mere 18). Oh and on a free and in our wage structure..

Forte is a striker.

Forte is a striker.

Normally a winger- predominantly on the left. Played 7 games for Oldham as a CF this season. Played nearly all his career as a winger although admittedly particularly well suited to a 433 (if you then describe the players on left and right as forwards or wingers is a question of definition- contributors on here normally call them defenders..)

i defended pb most of last season ... but the second half of the season he lost it .... prosser, bolger, deegan, worrall, payne and possibly even bentley leaving are directly because of him. his outbursts and public comments about players and the final straw for me was the Bury couldnt believe it ... all public and common knowledge .... so why would any player want to sign for him at the moment ??

I really hope we don't sign Forte. Admittedly we don't have buckets full of money but we've gotta be more ambitious than going back for players who we looked at 3 seasons ago in league 2 and rejected us. Surely our scouting system is better than that! I don't mind if we end up signing 5 players I've never heard of before as long as they aren't lower league journeyman closing in on their thirties. These signings bar Goater and resigning Barrett never work!

I really hope we don't sign Forte. Admittedly we don't have buckets full of money but we've gotta be more ambitious than going back for players who we looked at 3 seasons ago in league 2 and rejected us. Surely our scouting system is better than that! I don't mind if we end up signing 5 players I've never heard of before as long as they aren't lower league journeyman closing in on their thirties. These signings bar Goater and resigning Barrett never work!

you mean you don't want players who are too good for League 2? if we were in League 2 and he rejected us to play in League 1 then that's not bad

I'm sure PB is working hard on signings. When they sign they sign. Until then it is dissapointing seeing good players go elsewhere but the fact that we are trying to sign the quality of novak etc shows good intent

Normally a winger- predominantly on the left. Played 7 games for Oldham as a CF this season. Played nearly all his career as a winger although admittedly particularly well suited to a 433 (if you then describe the players on left and right as forwards or wingers is a question of definition- contributors on here normally call them defenders..)

Where did you get those stats from?

Forte has always been a striker. Every club his been at, he has predominantly played through the middle.

Where did you get those stats from?

Forte has always been a striker. Every club his been at, he has predominantly played through the middle.

I thought the same. Always been a striker. Whether Oldham played him as a winger is a different matter but he is normally a striker. I also think he is a decent striker too.

No obviously way way to old at 29 and 18 goals as a winger in the 68 games in his two years at Oldham proves is an injury prone crock who clearly has no idea where the onion bag is...

I really feel for PB....he will get slaughtered unless he somehow finds a L1 or higher winger, aged 25 or younger, who played at least 90 games (rather than 68) the last two years and scoring at least 20-25 goals (not a mere 18). Oh and on a free and in our wage structure..

To be fair 3 goals in 28 games last season is nothing to get excited about.

i defended pb most of last season ... but the second half of the season he lost it .... prosser, bolger, deegan, worrall, payne and possibly even bentley leaving are directly because of him. his outbursts and public comments about players and the final straw for me was the Bury couldnt believe it ... all public and common knowledge .... so why would any player want to sign for him at the moment ??

Now they have/will sign for bigger clubs, they may also look at their Bank statements. Especially the ones who will be earning more than 5 five times and even more ten times what they earned at Southend and be quite pleased how PB has 'ruined' their careers.

They may even enjoy playing at home. As you probably know lots of players leave our club and don't speak so highly of the Home crowd. Not the best advert if we want to sign these young 'hungry' lower league stars.

Now they have/will sign for bigger clubs, they may also look at their Bank statements. Especially the ones who will be earning more than 5 five times and even more ten times what they earned at Southend and be quite pleased how PB has 'ruined' their careers.

They may even enjoy playing at home. As you probably know lots of players leave our club and don't speak so highly of the Home crowd. Not the best advert if we want to sign these young 'hungry' lower league stars.

Look forward to seeing Deegan trying to decuple his salary !

I thought the same. Always been a striker. Whether Oldham played him as a winger is a different matter but he is normally a striker. I also think he is a decent striker too.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonathan-forte/leistungsdaten/spieler/39505
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonathan-forte/leistungsdaten/spieler/39505/plus/0?saison=2014

Very good site- goes to great detail including where on the pitch they played each game. Majority of games on left wing over last couple of years although used down the middle more than occasionally. Described as left winger because that's mostly where he has played at least over the last couple of years.

I think we can settle on the fact that he is pretty effective at both.

I saw a player while watching Lincoln a couple of times last year ( Don't ask why ) called Robbie McDaid he was on loan from Leeds and looked very useful, scored 4 in 16 apps and is only 20yo and just been released, probably looking for someone with a proven track record rather than a youngster but someone I thought looked like he do a job if given the chance.

I saw a player while watching Lincoln a couple of times last year ( Don't ask why ) called Robbie McDaid he was on loan from Leeds and looked very useful, scored 4 in 16 apps and is only 20yo and just been released, probably looking for someone with a proven track record rather than a youngster but someone I thought looked like he do a job if given the chance.

Good scouting that. :thumbsup:

Post no. 718 .............. can we change the title of the thread to "The summer non-transfer thread". :'(

Anyone know how long last season's thread was?

Back