• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The only thing is, those massive clubs like Northampton, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Gillingham etc seem to be doing amazingly well on the transfer front?

Really? Signing whom that we actually wanted to sign?? Northampton have signed our cast off and lost Holmes who we didn't want? Shrewsbury were out of the chase for Novak long before us and like last year have signed many players but no-one we want unless I have missed something? Gillingham signed Knott but PB told us he was a back up option and not first choice?

We need against all our overwhelming instincts to be Victors and Victorias to be patient and judge at the end of the race and not at tne start.

To be fair, it's a bit hit and miss....last season, Bury bought anything with a pulse, gambling upon instant promotion. Unfortunately, for them , it didn't pan out,,,,,,this season it(s) Shrewsbury, Charlton and Fleetwood flexing their financial muscle.
I, amongst many others on this forum, would like my team to gamble............... however, quick reality check, we are financially f**ked and cannot play the games others do.
So, patience, and in PB we must trust to form a team to battle ........and, ideally, entertain us :happy:

To be fair, it's a bit hit and miss....last season, Bury bought anything with a pulse, gambling upon instant promotion. Unfortunately, for them , it didn't pan out,,,,,,this season it(s) Shrewsbury, Charlton and Fleetwood flexing their financial muscle.
I, amongst many others on this forum, would like my team to gamble............... however, quick reality check, we are financially f**ked and cannot play the games others do.
So, patience, and in PB we must trust to form a team to battle ........and, ideally, entertain us :happy:

PB will soon be offered a new improved contract which will undoubtedly mean he is given a pay rise so we do have some money apparently, even though he still has 2 years on his current one!!!

PB will soon be offered a new improved contract which will undoubtedly mean he is given a pay rise so we do have some money apparently, even though he still has 2 years on his current one!!!

I do hope not! Even though I am a fan of standing by a manager I would worry that the cost of saying goodbye to Browny might be too high for Ron to contemplate should we find ourselves at the wrong end of the table. Going back down to Division 4 is not high on my list of wishes ....................:omg:

I do hope not! Even though I am a fan of standing by a manager I would worry that the cost of saying goodbye to Browny might be too high for Ron to contemplate should we find ourselves at the wrong end of the table. Going back down to Division 4 is not high on my list of wishes ....................:omg:

Equally if we find ourselves in the top six then a bigger club will look to poach PB. Ron sees it as protecting his investment.

Page 46 and we still haven't signed anyone,but have lost 3 of our best players..hope pb can pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat soon.......thought last season we struggled to find a settled team at the start of the season due to late signings.when do the players report back to training ?

Is a consistent theme that we are slow starters in the close-season transfer market. I wonder why clubs of similar stature and assets as us, identify and sign players long before any new player arrives at Roots Hall. Very odd.

Lets face it we was never ever going to bring players in early .Its the same season after season .We leave it until the last second then bring in Aplayer or two that we have never heard of .Then we get the old don't worry the loan market is the way to go . Oh well no change

Officially we have only lost Worrall.
I think we know what going to happen to the other 2.....
My worry is we took over a month last season to settle waiting six games for a win ,and losing our first two home games or 3 if you include the paint pot.A good goalkeeper ,and two of our few creative goalscoring players leaving unfortunately leaves a much more difficult hole to fill than fringe players,and it's clear Brown can't secure his 1st choices......feeling negative! and we're nowhere near the start yet!!!!

Lets face it we was never ever going to bring players in early .Its the same season after season .We leave it until the last second then bring in Aplayer or two that we have never heard of .Then we get the old don't worry the loan market is the way to go . Oh well no change

I was talking to my wife about this last evening and she seems to have provided us with the answer which is right in front of our noses. So while I was moaning that we seem to be the only team in England, Scotland, Wales, and Iceland for all I know, not to have signed a player - despite PB's regular assurances that he is going to get business done early - the answer appears so simple. PB is waiting on the Euros where presumably our new swathe of layers are coming from.

I think we know what going to happen to the other 2.....
My worry is we took over a month last season to settle waiting six games for a win ,and losing our first two home games or 3 if you include the paint pot.A good goalkeeper ,and two of our few creative goalscoring players leaving unfortunately leaves a much more difficult hole to fill than fringe players,and it's clear Brown can't secure his 1st choices......feeling negative! and we're nowhere near the start yet!!!!

It did take us some time to settle ........... agreed. But we were coming up a division as well.

If (it must happen some time) we manage to win our first league cup game then we will be off to a good start. Just hoping for a good draw so that this sets us off on the right foot for a change.

No obviously way way to old at 29 and 18 goals as a winger in the 68 games in his two years at Oldham proves is an injury prone crock who clearly has no idea where the onion bag is...

I really feel for PB....he will get slaughtered unless he somehow finds a L1 or higher winger, aged 25 or younger, who played at least 90 games (rather than 68) the last two years and scoring at least 20-25 goals (not a mere 18). Oh and on a free and in our wage structure..

Back