• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Two players mentioned on here have signed on at new clubs.

John Marquis, who was released by Millwall, has signed for Doncaster Rovers.

Adam Collin, a goalkeeper who was released by Rotherham, is set to sign for Notts County.

I was speaking to. Bradford City fan today at the Spain vs Czech Republic game and he said that Knott will be signing for us. Seemed pretty confident about it too.

I was speaking to. Bradford City fan today at the Spain vs Czech Republic game and he said that Knott will be signing for us. Seemed pretty confident about it too.

Would be a terrific signing if it was to happen, so fingers crossed.

PB meeting with a striker today as well, and it's not Nicky Clark.

I wonder if Shrewsbury will do much better this year given their charge to sign 6 players early? They seem to think so, with their Manager claiming they have wasted little time in building well with Quality, re-shaping the squad. He said getting them in early makes things much easier and "there's already a buzz around the squad " as players get to know one another, and that the squad will come together quickly
apparently they have re-shaped the balance of the squad with signings across defence, midfield and upfront, bringing in Leitch-Smith, Sarcevic, our Deegan, Lancashire, McGivern and Dodds from Port Vale. We shall see.

I wonder if Shrewsbury will do much better this year given their charge to sign 6 players early? They seem to think so, with their Manager claiming they have wasted little time in building well with Quality, re-shaping the squad. He said getting them in early makes things much easier and "there's already a buzz around the squad " as players get to know one another, and that the squad will come together quickly
apparently they have re-shaped the balance of the squad with signings across defence, midfield and upfront, bringing in Leitch-Smith, Sarcevic, our Deegan, Lancashire, McGivern and Dodds from Port Vale. We shall see.

The players won't get together until pre-season in July, same as us, so they won't get to know each other quicker.

Lots of news on players we don't want signing for clubs- but nothing on those we do actually want it seems
Novak, Clark, Moussa, Knott (possibly). Also nothing on Noel Hunt's situation- haven't seen him linked else where and what about Barnett?
I look down the list of transfer in L1 so far and in all honesty there aren't very many I would get excited about..

Lots of news on players we don't want signing for clubs- but nothing on those we do actually want it seems
Novak, Clark, Moussa, Knott (possibly). Also nothing on Noel Hunt's situation- haven't seen him linked else where and what about Barnett?
I look down the list of transfer in L1 so far and in all honesty there aren't very many I would get excited about..

Looks like he might be stopping at Shrewsbury;

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport...3/tyrone-barnett-may-stay-at-shrewsbury-town/

Says nothing about Shrewsbury wanting him to stay at all. Merely points out that PB is actively pursuing other strikers (of course he is) and its clearly gone quiet. We have said we will take him on a free- Shrewsbury would like to get back as much of their 100k as possible. Meanwhile interestingly there is nothing linking him to other clubs (suggests an agent being strangely inactive).

This hints at a bit of a stand off. I want to go to Southend- if not I'm staying here. Southend- look at all these alternatives on a free (plenty of fish in the sea).

Basically soon Shrewsbury will have to give in or accept he's staying (fine if they want him- suspect from the deafening silence from their manager they don't). Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Says nothing about Shrewsbury wanting him to stay at all. Merely points out that PB is actively pursuing other strikers (of course he is) and its clearly gone quiet. We have said we will take him on a free- Shrewsbury would like to get back as much of their 100k as possible. Meanwhile interestingly there is nothing linking him to other clubs (suggests an agent being strangely inactive).

This hints at a bit of a stand off. I want to go to Southend- if not I'm staying here. Southend- look at all these alternatives on a free (plenty of fish in the sea).

Basically soon Shrewsbury will have to give in or accept he's staying (fine if they want him- suspect from the deafening silence from their manager they don't). Be interesting to see how it plays out.

I can't say I'm convinced on Barnett. Sometimes he was exactly what we have been missing up front, other times he wasn't. I think I would prefer a forward who was exactly what we have been missing all the time. There were a few too many occasions when he looked completely disinterested for me. I will always forgive a player for having an off day, but not trying does not feature in attributes I admire.

If Brown is talking to other strikers and still hopeful of keeping Hunt then think its safe to assume Barnett wont be coming back. We dont need more than 4 strikers. Needs to be quality over quantity.

That would be a good quartet to sign up.....:thumbsup: closely followed by a big lump of a CB and an experienced keeper....job done...summer shopping complete :happy:

I can't say I'm convinced on Barnett. Sometimes he was exactly what we have been missing up front, other times he wasn't. I think I would prefer a forward who was exactly what we have been missing all the time. There were a few too many occasions when he looked completely disinterested for me. I will always forgive a player for having an off day, but not trying does not feature in attributes I admire.

I always wonder what he would be like if he lost 2 or 3 stone. A sharper, quicker striker I suspect.

Back