• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jaaskelanen would be nice! Although I can't see Wigan letting him go

He is out of contract there, so is available on a free transfer. He was at West Ham for a few years so maybe lives down this way (although his son plays for Bolton so maybe he's moved). He's 41 now so not likely to be looking for a long term deal - could be a great mentor to Ted Smith for a year and still very able at this level.

He is out of contract there, so is available on a free transfer. He was at West Ham for a few years so maybe lives down this way (although his son plays for Bolton so maybe he's moved). He's 41 now so not likely to be looking for a long term deal - could be a great mentor to Ted Smith for a year and still very able at this level.

I thought he had signed another year at Wigan?

EDIT: yes this on Wiki

On 31 March 2016, after his 15 clean sheets in 32 games helped Wigan onto an 18-match unbeaten run and second place in the table, he extended his contract for another season.[SUP][/SUP]

Sounds like a fee would be involved so rules us out

Not quite- depends how much, depends where he wants to go. He clearly wants to join a specific club enough put in a request- if it was 50-75k could we pay it if we really wanted to? Probably. We are playing hardball with Shrewsbury on Barnett - this situation would be a bit different. He is young enough that we could offer a longer term contract and get some protection.

Lost count how many times we have been linked with him and not sure its ever been close. But I would have him in a shot as he also brings a real goal threat.

Not quite- depends how much, depends where he wants to go. He clearly wants to join a specific club enough put in a request- if it was 50-75k could we pay it if we really wanted to? Probably. We are playing hardball with Shrewsbury on Barnett - this situation would be a bit different. He is young enough that we could offer a longer term contract and get some protection.

Lost count how many times we have been linked with him and not sure its ever been close. But I would have him in a shot as he also brings a real goal threat.

He's 28, hardly young.

I thought he had signed another year at Wigan?

EDIT: yes this on Wiki

On 31 March 2016, after his 15 clean sheets in 32 games helped Wigan onto an 18-match unbeaten run and second place in the table, he extended his contract for another season.[SUP][/SUP]

Apologies - poor research by me!

Lee Novak set to make decision on new club in the next couple of days. Charlton had talks with him Monday so I suspect that will be his destination.

Back