• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well many moan about why we don't go for some promising youngster- Rea fit comfortably into that category. Pacey CB who is receiving international recognition and who the manager rates highly. Could be a very good signing. Franck Moussa is meeting with PB today according to the Echo and PB hopes 'to get that one over the line'. Also meeting a forward who played in L1 last season and is available on a free (wonder who??)

On the subject of forwards, wonder what the deal with Jack Redshaw is.

Didn't seem to be a first choice this season, but I guess Blackpool will keep him.

The fact that Deegan is the only player released that has created any kind of talking point shows that the others shouldn't be too hard to replace. Rea and Weir would be definite upgrades to the squad, even though I rated Deegs. Providing Ted Smith does enough to persuade Brown he is good enough to start then that just leaves RB, a couple up front and possibly a winger as our only other real priorities. Knowing Brown he is 100% going to add a few loanees to our squad as well(most probably another CB going by the last few seasons). We won't find another Payne anywhere in the world with our budget unless they come through our academy so I'd definitely take quality over quantity and if that takes more time, I can live with that. P/O goal or not, we can't be starting the season with players of a similar level to Pigott.

Think Rea is a fair enough signing but we would still require another center back who is dominant in the air. That's what we are really missing.

We never really got to see Rea as a CB but I can't say the prospect of him returning excites me!

We don't need anymore midfielders, especially centre mids. A big problem we had last season was not getting a settled side because we had too many players who all played the same position. CM is the last thing we need at the moment.

The last time he played centre back at Roots Hall was when he gave away the only goal in the Shrewsbury match.

I thought Rea actually had something about him, especially at centre-half. I couldn't work out why he kept trying to shoe-horn him into a defensive midfield role. Would imagine he wouldn't break the bank and he's a young player with potential, decent signing if this one happened I would say.

Could not have put it any better myself!

Think Rea is a fair enough signing but we would still require another center back who is dominant in the air. That's what we are really missing.

You have hit the nail on the head there. How many goals did we give away from set pieces last season? We definitely must have more height in defence next season.

same old faces isn't it. We've not seen the last of Jerome Binnom-Williams I'm telling you.

I don't know about Binnom-Williams but Jason Williams expects to be here next season according to today's Echo. However, PB has not heard back from David Worrall or Noel Hunt following talks and offers. He also is "getting the vibe" that Worrall wants to return North. Worrall would not comment to the Echo yesterday, so I don't think it looks good for him staying. As for Hunt, waiting for other offers I guess.

I don't know about Binnom-Williams but Jason Williams expects to be here next season according to today's Echo. However, PB has not heard back from David Worrall or Noel Hunt following talks and offers. He also is "getting the vibe" that Worrall wants to return North. Worrall would not comment to the Echo yesterday, so I don't think it looks good for him staying. As for Hunt, waiting for other offers I guess.

Both will most certainly fishing for other offers while they consider ours. If I were Brown I would of been looking for possible replacements a while ago.

2_JlKeD3_normal.jpg
Football League Zone (@TheFLZone)
20/05/2016, 09:25
Norwich City striker Jamar Loza is rumoured to be talks with Yeovil Town. #ncfc #ytfcpic.twitter.com/3Jc5pAfTSP

Welcome to him. I'd rather we re-signed Drewe Broughton or Blair Sturrock.

He could have a successful career and L2 is the place to start. He needs to play regularly to develop and a number of L2 centre back resemble ocean going barges. Would not surprised to see him in L1 in 2-3 years, however not for us now.

He could have a successful career and L2 is the place to start. He needs to play regularly to develop and a number of L2 centre back resemble ocean going barges. Would not surprised to see him in L1 in 2-3 years, however not for us now.

We had him in Lg2, and apart from that one game on the telly, he was dire. Conference standard at best if he's lucky.

See some decent players have been released today, Jose Baxter, Bobby Zamora, delfounso, Simeon Jackson

Back