• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News York City (home) - Saturday 10th August 3pm - tickets on sale now

Great, just seen title of thread changed and tickets on sale at 11pm, thought it was 10am Tues. West Stand for wife and me as central East looks quite busy from ST’s.

Wow over 400 York tickets sold and they only went on sale at about 9pm last night.
Only about 1,300 non family stand tickets left. Good chance most of those will sell today.
Where did you see that figure?

I think the reference is in relation to the current difference between home season ticket and match day sales?

I think the reference is in relation to the current difference between home season ticket and match day sales?
Oh ok. My bad, I thought 400 York fans had purchased tickets already!!

York have sold about 40 tickets thus far, having clicked on the North Bank section of the ticket portal.

This is what the tracker seems to suggest to me. So the unrestricted areas are at nearly 90% capacity. Why did I agree to visit my Numpty Northern cousins in Yorkshire!! 😖

1722939506904.png

Last edited:
Just got back. Successfully bought a ticket for West Block T (just!!!). The Ticket Office staff are predicting a sell out. So you need to move fast. Anyone gambling on a 'walk up' ticket I fear will be walking away disappointed.

:Off Topic: As an aside, I spoke with Liam in the Shop and said to him "Don't let the ******** get to you" He knew exactly what I meant!

Largest shirt in store currently XL. They are hoping for Double XL to be in by Saturday. Anything large could be up to 4-5 weeks!!! :Off Topic:

Liam seems a great guy.

Edit: Didn't realise that 'D!*£H@&d' would be picked up by the swear filter. :Winking:

Last edited:
Just got back. Successfully bought a ticket for West Block T (just!!!). The Ticket Office staff are predicting a sell out. So you need to move fast. Anyone gambling on a 'walk up' ticket I fear will be walking away disappointed.

:Off Topic: As an aside, I spoke with Liam in the Shop and said to him "Don't let the ******** get to you" He knew exactly what I meant!

Largest shirt in store currently XL. They are hoping for Double XL to be in by Saturday. Anything large could be up to 4-5 weeks!!! :Off Topic:

Liam seems a great guy.
As I said in an earlier post, the club need to make the South Lower open to all. Having that entire area as a "Family" section makes zero sense, especially whilst under capacity restrictions. There could be 500+ unsold seats in that section worth about £10,000.

The family section seems overly large, with around 1,600 seats made available across the South Lower and West stand. Keep it to the end blocks (Q&R) of the West stand, or money will be thrown down the drain.

Or is there a reason why we give over 20% of our current (seated) home capacity to families, that will never get sold, unless an offer/freebies are sent out?

As I said in an earlier post, the club need to make the South Lower open to all. Having that entire area as a "Family" section makes zero sense, especially whilst under capacity restrictions. There could be 500+ unsold seats in that section worth about £10,000.

The family section seems overly large, with around 1,600 seats made available across the South Lower and West stand. Keep it to the end blocks (Q&R)of the West stand, or money will be thrown down the drain.
They have just taken some Family Stand and South Lower off sale. So we might be getting close to capacity limits.

It could well 'sell out' today.

I hope 'Wickford Shrimper' has got his ticket.

Back