• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
Yep. Bottom line is sales are quite a way down YOY. So they need to address that. The only thing they can do is extend. Failing that we are hoping for a new owner to come in and get everyone excited again, which could have a dramatic effect on sales.
Yes being greedy I hope the money comes in, staff get paid up to date and the new owner is in place for the summer.

The staff always seem to be the ones who suffer from all directions as they’re always behind HMRC and the players in line to get their money.

Is there something up with the phones there today? Just tried twice from landline and once from mobile, waited on hold a few minutes then it sounded like phone got answered then call got cut off.

If sufficient funds don't come in it could force Ron's hand to any offers which might come in .This would then change the direction of the FF development and ownership issues.

By enough renewing he might just make his deadline to continue the master plan which benefits him the most . Unfortunately that doesn't guarantee the club an easy ride short term with possible further embargoes,and just how much will the playing budget be for next season?We can see this season how badly that has affected us and Ron's continued promises are not to be trusted.

Neither option is without risk and the supporters either side of the ST decision don't deserve what this man has done to this club
I view it like this too. He's been hanging on by a thread because the fans always back him financially upfront. If you want Ron out you hold onto your money in my opinion.

I view it like this too. He's been hanging on by a thread because the fans always back him financially upfront. If you want Ron out you hold onto your money in my opinion.
Very strange point of view. He is trying to get out. Just waiting for a buyer. So holding onto your money won't change that. As others have said, it just makes things worse regarding staff being paid, and bills etc. I would understand it if he said he wasn't going anywhere.

I renewed on Friday, I wasn’t happy about the price increase but it is what it is. I totally understand people that don’t want too, I totally understand those that do renew. What I don’t understand is peoples weird obsession with those who are doing the opposite to them.

Very strange point of view. He is trying to get out. Just waiting for a buyer. So holding onto your money won't change that. As others have said, it just makes things worse regarding staff being paid, and bills etc. I would understand it if he said he wasn't going anywhere.

Because the less money upfront makes he's hand weaker for negotiation with a buyer to take over. The quicker a takeover the quicker the woeful financial situation is resolved.

Ron is under financial pressure through various different streams. Giving him cash takes some pressure away. We've already seen evidence that when even given cash in instances the staff and bills are still not getting paid.

Last edited:
Much kudos to those Southend Utd staff that have given up their Easter Sunday to be available to sell season cards today.:Clap::Clap::Clap:
Full credit to them. Back 'in my working days' in the Print Industry, working on Easter Sunday would have been at double time. These people are probably just hoping for normal hrs pay sooner rather than later?.

Because the less money upfront makes he's hand weaker for negotiation with a buyer to take over. The quicker a takeover the quicker the woeful financial situation is resolved.

Ron is under financial pressure through various different streams. Giving him cash takes some pressure away. We've already seen evidence that when even given cash in instances the staff and bills are still not getting paid.
I obviously see it differently. The club is more likely to sell if it has less debts, and is not losing so much each month. Players are more likely to leave because of the wages issues. The embargo needs to be lifted. Agents are owed money. Academy players have refused to play when owed money. Staff are owed money. Roots Hall and Boots&Laces training needs money just to operate each month. I can't see how cutting off some much needed cashflow makes the club more sellable. It does the opposite, and will probably mean our players agents will be advising them to get away from here ASAP. This could be our best players. Making the club a much less desirable purchase, and riddled with debt all over the place.

He is trying to get out on his terms with the future ground ownership and terms of rent etc still unclear.Is that going to benefit the club long term.If Ron holds the upper hand can't see many prepared to buy the club

I obviously see it differently. The club is more likely to sell if it has less debts, and is not losing so much each month. Players are more likely to leave because of the wages issues. The embargo needs to be lifted. Agents are owed money. Academy players have refused to play when owed money. Staff are owed money. Roots Hall and Boots&Laces training needs money just to operate each month. I can't see how cutting off some much needed cashflow makes the club more sellable. It does the opposite, and will probably mean our players agents will be advising them to get away from here ASAP. This could be our best players. Making the club a much less desirable purchase, and riddled with debt all over the place.
Clearly NOT buying into the club can have serious consequences, although the impact minimalised by Ron in the past when it suited and now apparently vital to pay staff and lift the embargo
Quite a few people are sick of Rons lies and deception as no doubt you are. Some of them have opted not to buy the season card early. Clearly an effective protest to some extent, that has brought out the awful, recent blackmailing type letters
However many of them have said they will purchase by the game.
This may prove actually more costly for them but apparently potentially bring in more money, albeit late. This is not a problem of our making and one we were recently assured wouldnt happen as the £5m rolled in and dealt with everything,
Some of us coughed up a very large sum , years ago, when we were told the club was in serious trouble and might fold, You get reluctant to do it again after seeing years of mismanagement
I think we have to remember the distinction between not buying early and buying later
However my guess is that despite around 65% on here voting NOT TO renew EARLY, I suspect that in the end around 30% may not buy season cards at all?
Its one tiny way of not being so oppressed by the arch snake oil salesman, Theres only so many times you can cry wolf before enough is enough
All views need to be respected, from buying now, delaying, only buying for away games, or not turning up at all until Ron is off the scene

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back