• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Going down this road will take far longer than we have left.

They need to find a way to get the club sold with a lease on RH and the training ground, that is not dependent on the rest of the FF shenanigans being completed between SCC & Rats. That will take months.

Can’t the deal be separated, just so COSU have full control of the club and the rest can follow when it’s done?

It’s the only way. Or am I missing something?

DD was to be completed by the end of the month leaving 2 weeks to complete external audit and 2 weeks to complete SCC process to sign?

Or perhaps the court date is no longer the deadline- its quite possible all the dates have changed again and I'm not up to date. If not tomorrow when was/is the DD stage due to finish? I assume the court date remains fixed.

EDIT: also Cllr Cowan said he had been told DD would be completed by the end of the month and that meant it would be very tight for the court date??

I think that was a Ron estimate and I’m ignoring those as they don’t appear to be grounded in any form of reality. He thought it was going to be all sorted by January/February, May 16th or something.

I’m not sure if he’s trying to talk it into existence or is just completely clueless.

It’s all so slow from the Council, I appreciate the new regime have just taken over and at least they’re communicating regularly but we are in serious danger of running out of time now

Maybe just maybe if Ron had given them the information to start the process at the start of the year rather than the start of Easter things would be a bit further along?

But can there be adjournment when it’s been marked final ?
Yes.

They need to find a way to get the club sold with a lease on RH and the training ground, that is not dependent on the rest of the FF shenanigans being completed between SCC & Rats. That will take months.

Can’t the deal be separated, just so COSU have full control of the club and the rest can follow when it’s done?

I don't think the rat will sign anything until he has a guarantee of his pot of Gold and the consortium will be reluctant until they have 20 mill deal in place.

Stalemate.

Last edited:

I believe that could easily happen. Problem is Ron is holding RH hostage to get his houses at FF.

I'm also told the council could do better.

I’m guessing the issue is that the charge/debenture is over the club as well as Roots Hall.

I think the issue is the initial timescales were crap.

I'd argue it'd be a little difficult to go quicker at this stage - they've given what, 4 working days for third parties to work on the queries - now we obviously don't know what the queries are, but that doesn't seem to me like dragging their feet.

Rather than timescales i'm more concerned if there'll be agreement at all! If the deal still looks like going ahead I think it's more likely we get an adjournment than wound up.

@Holy Joe It's not being wound up that concerns me, cos I think we'll get another adjournment with the progress that's been made.

I am though very concerned what might happen at the NL AGM. Points deduction would be a massive blow (again). But expulsion...

Reactions: jnl
@Holy Joe It's not being wound up that concerns me, cos I think we'll get another adjournment with the progress that's been made.

I am though very concerned what might happen at the NL AGM. Points deduction would be a massive blow (again). But expulsion...
Yes. The immediate concern is the NL AGM next weekend (8th) I believe. We could be hit with a number of ultimatums (dates to do certain things by) with varying degrees of penalty, from no license to points deductions. Let’s hope for some very positive progress next week, or they are going to have a field day.

I guess that option is in the hands (or paws) of the rat family and we all know they won't do the right thing for the club.

I can't see any of that happening - maybe we get an ultimatum like last season

Something has to give.

It's becoming apparent that SBC isn't going to get this deal through in time for the club to avoid:

The consortium pulling out
The national league issuing a points deduction expulsion
The judge winding up or extending
Embargo remaining in place

Surely a debt of 200k being paid gives all parties more time, satisfies the courts and the national league, raises embargo and allows the club to function properly.

It's a bitter pill to swallow for the consortium but it's becoming necessary.

Get the season cards on sale with an agreement in writing from Ron via solicitors that all funds remain in club and for club debts and running costs only.

Even if various other parties come forward with winding up petitions etc there will be time to make signings and satisfy the league long enough to get further down the line and most importantly closer to SBC agreeing the deal.

If anyone has the rats mobile number, I know a few of you have text him in the recent past…

Can you ask him why the deal cannot be separated and the club sold to COSU with a lease on RH and the new training ground granted. Then he can get on negotiating with SCC.

Something has to give.

It's becoming apparent that SBC isn't going to get this deal through in time for the club to avoid:

The consortium pulling out
The national league issuing a points deduction expulsion
The judge winding up or extending
Embargo remaining in place

Surely a debt of 200k being paid gives all parties more time, satisfies the courts and the national league, raises embargo and allows the club to function properly.

It's a bitter pill to swallow for the consortium but it's becoming necessary.

Get the season cards on sale with an agreement in writing from Ron via solicitors that all funds remain in club and for club debts and running costs only.

Even if various other parties come forward with winding up petitions etc there will be time to make signings and satisfy the league long enough to get further down the line and most importantly closer to SBC agreeing the deal.
Yeah this. I’d prefer Smiffy’s idea of rat boy doing the right thing and releasing the club from his ploy but this far more likely.

I believe that could easily happen. Problem is Ron is holding RH hostage to get his houses at FF.

I'm also told the council could do better.
Genuine question... is it Ron holding RH hostage or CBRE as they need the security?

If anyone has the rats mobile number, I know a few of you have text him in the recent past…

Can you ask him why the deal cannot be separated and the club sold to COSU with a lease on RH and the new training ground granted. Then he can get on negotiating with SCC.
Let's be honest, that would mean Ron relinquishes his greatest bargaining chip.

And that's if he even has a choice, as he's practically CBRE's ***** due to his monies owed.

Will the consortium go ahead on this basis?

Back