• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have noticed that the new council have to Southend supporters on board who should be a better position than most to persuade those officers to speed up the process

They will not be allowed to partake in any votes due to conflict of interest rules , especially those with Season tickets

Ridiculous if so. Obviously sensible if a shareholder in or a supplier of (perhaps) but really a supporter (season ticket or not) is taking it too far to say they can’t vote-surely not the case.

In parliament for example yes you should declare an interest before you speak but you don’t lose the right to represent your constituents in a vote.

I would expect a majority of councillors to be supporters at least to some degree - why should a representative attending to watch disenfranchise constituents ?

They will not be allowed to partake in any votes due to conflict of interest rules , especially those with Season tickets

One of the councillors told me a few years back that he couldn't attend more than 5 games a season or he would be unable to vote.

Seems strange that a self confessed football hater, a seaso at West Ham or Col U can laugh and vote no...... But a Shrimper is not allowed to vote

I think my biggest concern, bearing mind our time constraints, is that I doubt any DD results will be handed over until payment is received. RM is responsible for this payment, and has no funds to pay it, and probably even less desire to pay it.
Id rather see this amount paid by the consortium and deducted from any final cost or added to Ron's settlement figure than considering they pay the WUP law firm.

I think my biggest concern, bearing mind our time constraints, is that I doubt any DD results will be handed over until payment is received. RM is responsible for this payment, and has no funds to pay it, and probably even less desire to pay it.
Id rather see this amount paid by the consortium and deducted from any final cost or added to Ron's settlement figure than considering they pay the WUP law firm.
Its an interesting point. The work is for SCC so I would expect SCC to be paying and that the Martins would pay/reimburse SCC. Who pays the piper and all that- pretty basic principle to me but who knows (I wouldn't be surprised).

I would also be surprised if the parties completing the DD weren't asked to provide updates, and advanced noticed on of any major issues, as they came up. Leaving it all to the end with "oh yes we found this major issue 6 weeks ago but obviously you only get told in the final report"- really? No not in the real world- if SCC aren't being updated on an ongoing basis regarding issues arising then words would fail me.

Could have been what the delay was in relation to. I'd imagine these firms will know of Ron and his payment attitude and would have requested that a substantial amount be paid before Those words are banned would commence.

You don't want to spend time and effort completing Those words are banned and then no payment is offered as a result.

Alternatively the council may pay with them claiming the money back from the development.

Could have been what the delay was in relation to. I'd imagine these firms will know of Ron and his payment attitude and would have requested that a substantial amount be paid before Those words are banned would commence.

You don't want to spend time and effort completing Those words are banned and then no payment is offered as a result.

Alternatively the council may pay with them claiming the money back from the development.
More likely Ron and SCC arguing about who pays full stop. Ron no doubt will have said its your DD you pay, SCC but its its your development so you should. ...50/50??....oh...60/40???...how about 70/30?? You can imagine can't you...

I hope some of the above solutions have been deployed. It beggars belief any legitimate firms do business for Ron or allow him any form of payment credit. His record for non payment to the smallest of southend supply firms to the largest firms, agents, players, ex managers, connected to our club is disgusting.

I presume the invoices from the consultants doing the DD work will land on the desks of the Council. When they then get reimbursed by the Martins is anyone's guess.

As Yorkie has mentioned earlier today, I too suspect RM would have had to provide a legal undertaking to pay fees to SCC. He would have paid the monies into his Solicitor’s Client’s bank account. Hence DD didn’t start till March, he had to raid the BVI bank account again.

No shafting the consultants this time Ronnie !

Last edited:
It's not happening before the court date, So something needs to be in place for this.

All we've heard about that situation, is complete doom for the club.

But surely if it's an obvious likelihood, that needs to be addressed?

As Yorkie has mentioned earlier today, I too suspect RM would have to provide a legal undertaking to pay fees to SCC. He would have paid the monies into his Solicitor’s Client’s bank account. Hence DD didn’t start till March, he had to raid the BVI bank account again.

No shafting the consultants this time Ronnie !
If it started in March it was said it takes 8 weeks so it should be done by the beginning of June

I may be wrong ..but i totally blame that incompetent lying ronald martin ..i have been attending since 1977 this club is so important...indeed my grandfather attended the first ever leauge match we played at the kursaal in 1920 againsr brighton ..just get this done you ****@n incompetent greedy parasite or YOU will the most hated man in the borough
He already is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back