• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep- all of the reps from our league and the majority in total very likely to be our promotion rivals…
They were the ones threatening £1m bonds if the sale didn’t happen almost immediately… now it has it’s oh hold on…what a surprise….ah hold on…let’s take our time, mustn’t rush…
There needs to be a sacrifice. For the greater good (the greater good)

I do hope there is some mega grand reveal planned once it has gone through.

A corner flag and a few words on the website wont cut it, after what we've all been through.

I want a no expense spared hollywood blockbuster reveal. COSU riding in on horses or a kangaroo, giant rats getting slayed, dramatic music, pyro, Mork wearing the new kit, Steve driving Ron out of the county.

This is your time to shine SUFC Media Dept. over to you.

I was only asking a question
You may want to re read what you wrote, I reads that Ron wasn’t offering a long lease, not if he didn’t offer a long leasehold

Definitely, but we are waiting on the NL rather than anybody from COSU or the Rat Family. As @Medway Blue stated, they can't mess this up now. So we wait, and we wait.
I’ve asked this a couple of times now, do you know what happens next.

Are the contracts signed subject to the league confirmation and payments being made.
I.e if the national league came back at 9.00 am today with ‘ all ok’ is that it. COSU make payment, Ron’s solicitor confirms receipt of payment and club is now owned by COSU.

Or are there still other steps to do which may/may not take more time?

Let's face it. The NL are probably hyper vigilant with any transaction involving RM because of their experience of dealing with him in recent years.
This is what I don’t understand with the NL - yes they may have dealt with Martin but they won’t be dealing with him in the future when this goes through which, me being cynic comes to the conclusion that they really don’t like us that much but, do like our away following

This is what I don’t understand with the NL - yes they may have dealt with Martin but they won’t be dealing with him in the future when this goes through which, me being cynic comes to the conclusion that they really don’t like us that much but, do like our away following
Like us or not They need to rember that our away following gives little clubs in this leauge much needed revenue . Our following is one of the largest away following .

Looks like Woking will be going into administration. Financial mismanagement happens a lot in non league.

The chairman got a loan from his parents to keep them afloat. Thats what Ron should have done in the past

Looks like Woking will be going into administration. Financial mismanagement happens a lot in non league.

The chairman got a loan from his parents to keep them afloat. Thats what Ron should have done in the past
So, National League. What steps will you take to ensure that Woking fulfil their 2024/25 fixtures? I really would like the answer to this.

So, National League. What steps will you take to ensure that Woking fulfil their 2024/25 fixtures? I really would like the answer to this.
If they don’t say anything then I would imagine the current owner has given assurances he will fund the club, and provided evidence of those funds, until a new owner is found.

If they don’t say anything then I would imagine the current owner has given assurances he will fund the club, and provided evidence of those funds, until a new owner is found.
Very much doubt that. However, this hasn’t been going on for months/years and so they will get the opportunity to resolve/sell. Also they appear to have avoided to date WUPs et al. The rules are clearly extremely fluid re when bonds are demanded- in the end should the league be precipitating their own member clubs going out of business? Probably not..

He admits no buyer = administration I.e. he can’t fund next season.

I think this is really sad when you consider the amount of money there is in football
I really do think there needs a better way of distributing some if the monies that come through in order to support the lower league clubs
I really do hope they find a buyer

I’ve asked this a couple of times now, do you know what happens next.

Are the contracts signed subject to the league confirmation and payments being made.
I.e if the national league came back at 9.00 am today with ‘ all ok’ is that it. COSU make payment, Ron’s solicitor confirms receipt of payment and club is now owned by COSU.

Or are there still other steps to do which may/may not take more time?
What I’m struggling to reconcile is Maher’s comments and the takeover apparently just waiting on the formality of NL approval. Because COSU already have people on the inside with Tom Lawrence as CEO. They could begin implementing their plans without waiting for NL approval. They’ve already put money in without owning it so it would be perverse to put money in when they didn’t have a legally binding deal with Ron but get cold feet about doing stuff once they did have a legally binding deal with Ron.

Maher isn’t usually one to complain to refs. publicly.

There would seem to be three options to explain this:

1) Maher’s comments became out of date almost immediately and everything was signed and lodged with the NL only after Saturday
2) Everything has been signed and it is waiting on the NL but then there are further steps beyond that required that nobody has mentioned yet that will hold matters up and aren’t a formality
3) Maher’s comments were directed at the Consortium to speed their plans up/invest more and there’s a disconnect between Maher and the Consortium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back