• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A statment to put meat on the bones would be nice .Its no wonder the fans are growing impataint Its like fumberling around in the dark trying to find the light switch .All us fans want is a small crumb of comfort .Is that to much to ask .
To be fair I would have thought that the paying off the WUP, getting us out of an embargo (for whatever reason - my understanding is that it was related to the WUP), paying the players wages and authorising two new signings before any documents are official and the club is theirs was a significant crumb of comfort actually.

Thats been their stance since day one. They have backed that up with millions in funding and new players arriving. If anyone can't see that's fair dinkum then there a drongo
There is no denying COSU commitment to doing the deal and the investment they've made. The nervousness is about the other side who has consistently delayed the process, moved the goalposts and been generally unreliable and chaotic. Not just for 6 months but for 25 years. I'm confident but certainly not relaxed and if that makes me a drongo then fair enough.

Out of interest what is this disadvantage you refer to?
you need to ask the author of that information directly
Kev can moan all he likes, i doubt for 1 second COSU are happy with the progress when they have already chipped in with 3 mill whilst owning nothing, but have already let him sign two players. We did not end up with a bad season last year after all the fiasco's. For sure we went through some troubled times but we did finish just outside the play-offs, which is remarkable considering and we have Kev, his staff, the clubs staff and the team to thank for that

There is near on a Million waiting to come into the club on season tickets alone and COSU are itching to get control, but things need to be water tight legally, especially when dealing with the rat family.

With all due respect to Kev is it not his money on the line , like the rest of us patience is what is needed and i think he just vented the same frustration we all feel.

There is only 1 family that have delayed this whole procedure purely for greed.
ooh dear this all sounds as though its turning into a real 'Buggers muddle' and gone is the casual approach of 'good news' is just around the corner 10 days or so ago... from those self proclaimed 'insiders'. I do hope this can be resolved, now might be a very timely reminder (on the eve of the football season) to plant bums firmly on Ron Martins front wall once more. what do you say??

Last edited:
you need to ask the author of that information directly

ooh dear this all sounds as though its turning into a real 'Buggers muddle' and gone is the casual approach of 'good news' is just around the corner 10 days or so ago... from those self proclaimed 'insiders'. I do hope this can be resolved, now might be a very timely reminder (on the eve of the football season) to plant bums firmly on Ron Martins front wall once more. what do you say??
It doesn't sound like that to me at all, but you of course can interpret it however you wish. If you think it will help, I'm sure you'll be able to find an ally or two who will be prepared to go and sit on a wall in Benfleet road (as long as someone else arranges it).
Personally, I don't think it will be of any assistance at all at this stage. I'm not sure that Ron is the current problem.

Will be looking at £1.5m alone on season tickets I reckon
You'd have to have 3,750 full paying adults at a price of £400 to get that. I'd say quite a few will be concession season tickets so the more prudent figure for season tickets would be £1m.

The unknown quantity is how many people will be a season ticket once Ron has gone. They will know the hard core season ticket holders will snap them up and around 2,500 - 3,000 will be sold.

Could expect a 20% increase on season tickets potentially. More possibly increase in match day tickets for me rather than season ticket holders

Will be looking at £1.5m alone on season tickets I reckon
Think that will be quite a stretch, considering the last two seasons show season ticket sales of around c.£500k each in the companies house accounts.

4000 sold at an average of £250 would give us a £1m, which is a more reasonable target and a huge increase in itself.

Think that will be quite a stretch, considering the last two seasons show season ticket sales of around c.£500k each in the companies house accounts.

4000 sold at an average of £250 would give us a £1m, which is a more reasonable target and a huge increase in itself.
You have to take VAT off. Maybe that's already been pointed out.

A statment to put meat on the bones would be nice .Its no wonder the fans are growing impataint Its like fumberling around in the dark trying to find the light switch .All us fans want is a small crumb of comfort .Is that to much to ask .
Meat on the bones of what Tommy? Nobody can tell you it's 100% done. It isn't. Nobody will give you a day/time as it's out of their hands. All a statement would say is what certain posters on here have already said.

In terms of what happens after the takeover is complete I'm sure COSU would love to tell everyone their plans but I totally understand why they're holding off. Pretty sure stuff is happening behind the scenes in readiness. Kev is ****ed off I'm sure, we all are and hopefully we won't have much longer to wait.

Meat on the bones of what Tommy? Nobody can tell you it's 100% done. It isn't. Nobody will give you a day/time as it's out of their hands. All a statement would say is what certain posters on here have already said.

In terms of what happens after the takeover is complete I'm sure COSU would love to tell everyone their plans but I totally understand why they're holding off. Pretty sure stuff is happening behind the scenes in readiness. Kev is ****ed off I'm sure, we all are and hopefully we won't have much longer to wait.
It could say whose hands it's in and what the remaining steps are.

In terms of what happens after the takeover is complete I'm sure COSU would love to tell everyone their plans but I totally understand why they're holding off. Pretty sure stuff is happening behind the scenes in readiness. Kev is ****ed off, we all are and hopefully we won't have much longer to wait
1 or 2 were very clear a week or two ago to tell us it was DONE, I dont have the time to trawl through, but they certainly did, we now just need to possible realise these posters were fantasists pure opportunists and we just wait now,lilke you say until an official announcing is made .. Ian

Think people need to stop being impatient. It is what it is. We've heard no finalisation date but but we haven't heard anything that should garner mass hysteria either. Chill out read a book, do your jobs, enjoy the sun or what ever you do to pass the time but until we here anything in any capacity we need to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back