• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very frustrating but there's little benefit to an update at this point. After all, COSU are, I gather, waiting on others to ratify and check things over so it's not in their control either.

They wouldn't want to commit to a date to avoid getting any hopes up etc. So I'm not really sure what people want them to say. It's difficult but we just have to wait.
I think people would be happy with just a statement saying something even if it was just 'we have agreed terms and are waiting for the lawyers to check through everything'. It doesn't need to be it will be sorted by this date etc.

Seriously. I get people want it done but it’s clear from every single bit of reliable information and facts that this is moving along. Just chill. Not under an embargo, signing players inc for a fee, allowed to start the season, paperwork with the NL for sign off. Give the doom and gloom a rest. It’s almost as boring as watching England play now. If there were red flags I’d fully get it but the signs are all good at this time.

Seriously. I get people want it done but it’s clear from every single bit of reliable information and facts that this is moving along. Just chill. Not under an embargo, signing players inc for a fee, allowed to start the season, paperwork with the NL for sign off. Give the doom and gloom a rest. It’s almost as boring as watching England play now. If there were red flags I’d fully get it but the signs are all good at this time.
It’s unusual for Maher to speak so forthrightly but he’s saying it isn’t alright and he needs it to happen and that it’s holding him back.

It’s unusual for Maher to speak so forthrightly but he’s saying it isn’t alright and he needs it to happen and that it’s holding him back.
Think you have missed the point. He isn’t saying there is anything wrong with the deal he is saying we need to go to the new pitches asap. However we aren’t the only team who get niggles in training even premier league teams get these all season plus these sorts of things happen every season after players have a lengthy period off.

Sorry Dan, I think this there lies the problem, there hasn't been any reliable information at all as far as I can see? groups of passionate and partisan fans have made comments pointing us all in the right direction, family and friends of some of the consortium have dropped hints on the this board, and several members of the trust have dropped some very grey cryptic messages of time frames on here. However they are NOT credible and official information. they are just fans like us, who I assume pick up 'odds and sods' of info and with the best of intention try to appease others by trying to post moral boosting unratified bits of information. As appreciated as it is, its certainly not official slightly reliable (however that's questionable) and sometimes off the mark! I revert back to my previous message in and around how I believe an honest summary and update from one of the few Official parties or groups should be the least that can be achieved. We are less than one month away from another Martin wrecked season of football, and still we know very little of even the very basics. I can help with an agenda if you would like? No Kit No Season Tickets No idea of what's been agreed (if decoupling from RH, when do we own RH, as it the ownership would all be built around the FF development, how many years of the current (if at all) strategy will be in place, (hiring RH from King RAT) What about all the other creditors, Will Roots Hall be fit and ready for our first game in 25 days time, will the training ground be ready this season when will water and other services be installed at the new training facility, when and how will we sign 4 players (or so as kev suggested) intime to have a full and good Pre Season with us, as to hit the ground running come the 10th etc etc etc... scratch the surface chaps and we are sailing blind folded into an Iceberg as we speak, of course if that isn't the case, how hard would it be to pen a few official words to convince us otherwise ! I apologies if I have offended by not following the narrative of the masses, i'm just slightly confused by the ongoing silence, without any official word or comment from any of the main parties involved. RFN Ian

Think you have missed the point. He isn’t saying there is anything wrong with the deal he is saying we need to go to the new pitches asap. However we aren’t the only team who get niggles in training even premier league teams get these all season plus these sorts of things happen every season after players have a lengthy period off.
He may not be saying there’s anything wrong with the deal. But he is saying the longer it goes on, the more at a disadvantage it is putting us.

Sorry Dan, I think this there lies the problem, there hasn't been any reliable information at all as far as I can see? groups of passionate and partisan fans have made comments pointing us all in the right direction, family and friends of some of the consortium have dropped hints on the this board, and several members of the trust have dropped some very grey cryptic messages of time frames on here. However they are NOT credible and official information. they are just fans like us, who I assume pick up 'odds and sods' of info and with the best of intention try to appease others by trying to post moral boosting unratified bits of information. As appreciated as it is, its certainly not official slightly reliable (however that's questionable) and sometimes off the mark! I revert back to my previous message in and around how I believe an honest summary and update from one of the few Official parties or groups should be the least that can be achieved. We are less than one month away from another Martin wrecked season of football, and still we know very little of even the very basics. I can help with an agenda if you would like? No Kit No Season Tickets No idea of what's been agreed (if decoupling from RH, when do we own RH, as it the ownership would all be built around the FF development, how many years of the current (if at all) strategy will be in place, (hiring RH from King RAT) What about all the other creditors, Will Roots Hall be fit and ready for our first game in 25 days time, will the training ground be ready this season when will water and other services be installed at the new training facility, when and how will we sign 4 players (or so as kev suggested) intime to have a full and good Pre Season with us, as to hit the ground running come the 10th etc etc etc... scratch the surface chaps and we are sailing blind folded into an Iceberg as we speak, of course if that isn't the case, how hard would it be to pen a few official words to convince us otherwise ! I apologies if I have offended by not following the narrative of the masses, i'm just slightly confused by the ongoing silence, without any official word or comment from any of the main parties involved. RFN Ian
So us having the embargo removed and allowed to start the season isn’t a reliable fact? If this deal wasn’t going well neither of them things would have changed recently.

Out of interest what is this disadvantage you refer to?
“We’re behind with where we are at because of everything that’s gone on,” said Maher.

“We’ve got niggles which means three or four couldn’t play and the environment we’re in at the minute means the ground is hard one day, soft another.

“There’s loads we’ve got to get right and this takeover needs to happen.

“The consortium needs to be able to get in and work properly for us to be able to work properly and get the infrastructure right because we’re still short in a lot of areas. "

On Maher's complaint re: training ground, will this part of the decoupled deal allow for the consortium to make the necessary upgrades? Or is it still part of the Fosset's/RH deal that POSU are waiting to complete?

“We’re behind with where we are at because of everything that’s gone on,” said Maher.

“We’ve got niggles which means three or four couldn’t play and the environment we’re in at the minute means the ground is hard one day, soft another.

“The consortium needs to be able to get in and work properly for us to be able to work properly and get the infrastructure right because we’re still short in a lot of areas. "
As mentioned above every team get niggles at this time. We also went back to pre season at least a week after some teams. Yes we weren’t able to sign any players for a while but equally we didn’t lose any players during the summer and have added to that since. People need to stop seeing one negative sentence from someone and letting all doom and gloom come over everyone. It’s clear the deal is going through and hard evidence supports that (embargo being lifted etc). If the deal takes another week or two who cares. We still have a team to support. Just because Maher is unhappy the deal isn’t done doesn’t mean the consortium should rush it through. As it has been mentioned so many times it is a complex deal and needed big changes to seperate the club part of the deal from the property part and the consortium have already sunk millions in to us so let them do their thing and in the right way. We were one of the best teams in the league last season and we didn’t have running water at times, training ground, a full bench of subs for much of the season. We are already so much better placed this season.

So us having the embargo removed and allowed to start the season isn’t a reliable fact? If this deal wasn’t going well neither of them things would have changed recently.
They are facts - but we don't know why the embargo has been removed (was it WUP dismissed or takeover?) and as far as we know no bond has been paid - so what one of the options the NL gave us has been met? On the face of it none of them!

As others have said a factual statement saying where we are and what's left to do wouldn't go amiss.

He doesn't sound to confident there, maybe it's more frustration spilling out due to having his pre season disruptive and doesn't want a repeat of last season. I hope this time around it isn't a repeat of last December when the embargo was lifted and the takeover was pretty much done and dusted, unfortunately for us we are 7 months down the line with no takeover completed. It's right for fans to be worried imo.

Dan, COSU have been paying the bills for over a year month in month out, they have paid fines, paid out monies owed and wages to staff (not their staff) signing a player/players is just a transition in football, your answer pretty much sums up my whole post.. so thank you.. Nothing is as clear as the muddy water we are looking through right now Dan, I am sure an official statement or two would help to pacify you/us wouldn't you think? I know its a different scenario, but who remembers when we signed to players before under Sol Campbell, do you remember the outcome of that Dan?

Dan, COSU have been paying the bills for over a year month in month out, they have paid fines, paid out monies owed and wages to staff (not their staff) signing a player/players is just a transition in football, your answer pretty much sums up my whole post.. so thank you.. Nothing is as clear as the muddy water we are looking through right now Dan, I am sure an official statement or two would help to pacify you/us wouldn't you think? I know its a different scenario, but who remembers when we signed to players before under Sol Campbell, do you remember the outcome of that Dan?
Who do you want this official statement to come from? The club? The Trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back