• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where are we?

1. Deal all signed by Martin's and COSU - just needs rubber stamping by FA/NL or another entity
2. Lawyers still checking - then paperwork can be signed
3. Something else

????
Wasnt it commented on here over the weekend that it is with the NL for sign off at the moment?

It’s just Kev that seems really unhappy with it all ..
He is desperate for the new training facility to be ready, at least for the pitches to be used, as he doesn't feel he can get the players properly physically ready until then. Reading between the lines, he blames the ground at B&L for the niggles that ruled 4 players out of the Wakering friendly.

But the new training facility needs a bit of money spent to do the final few bits and bobs needed for it to be ready to train on, and Justin Rees quite rightly won't drop more money until he owns the club.

He is desperate for the new training facility to be ready, at least for the pitches to be used, as he doesn't feel he can get the players properly physically ready until then. Reading between the lines, he blames the ground at B&L for the niggles that ruled 4 players out of the Wakering friendly.

But the new training facility needs a bit of money spent to do the final few bits and bobs needed for it to be ready to train on, and Justin Rees quite rightly won't drop more money until he owns the club.
Which begs the question why didn't we spend a bit more expediting the lawyers to get it over the line quicker...nothing it seems is cost free....btw I think its more than betweem the lines, he is being fairly explicit about it and the fact its mucking up another pre-season...

Which begs the question why didn't we spend a bit more expediting the lawyers to get it over the line quicker...nothing it seems is cost free....btw I think its more than betweem the lines, he is being fairly explicit about it and the fact its mucking up another pre-season...
Because it probably wouldn't have been "a bit more".

I think that's an easy question to ask when we're not the party that is £3.5m in, unsecured, on something they don't yet own, and when we don't know what the difference in cost would be in this specific scenario.

I suspect it has been Level 1 expedited (in that, by the time it completes soon, it should have taken longer given the complexity) but not Level 2 expedited (overnight and weekend working), but can't say for sure.

I think that's an easy question to ask when we're not the party that is £3.5m in, unsecured, on something they don't yet own, and when we don't know what the difference in cost would be in this specific scenario.

I suspect it has been Level 1 expedited (in that, by the time it completes soon, it should have taken longer given the complexity) but not Level 2 expedited (overnight and weekend working), but can't say for sure.
thanks for the level of detail, do you think there's reason to be on edge here or d you still expect it to go through asap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back