• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the face of it the continuous day after day delay is odd and disconcerting. It's all very well getting, day after day, reassurance from clearly well connected posters to relax but why can't we have the reassurance from a more official channel ? On the one hand we have a seeming 100% confidence in the sale/purchase going through and on the other there are no season tickets on sale and the expenditure needed to get the training pitches in order is on hold. I can only assume that there is an agreement to silence from all parties until the deal is signed, sealed and locked in the safe. That would mean it isn't yet which doesn't make me feel relaxed.

To not hear from COSU on the current state of play makes me wonder was it really all down to Tony Cox why we hardly heard anything under his time as the head of the negotiations

Plenty of kite flying on here but until official word from the club or consortium best ignored. Speculation in the guise of informed facts only whips up anticipation and concern and is no help at all.

****ing hell the doom mob are back out in force again today.
I think it’s natural to be nervous. 2 weeks ago it was hoped to be done in 2/3 days. We didn’t pay for the round the clock lawyers, but logic then says to double or triple that. Given nothing after 4 times that, and the history, people will be nervous.

If we knew the number of things to do and could see they were getting done, as I suspect the COSU are then we would be less nervous perhaps. But we don’t.

I think it’s natural to be nervous. 2 weeks ago it was hoped to be done in 2/3 days. We didn’t pay for the round the clock lawyers, but logic then says to double or triple that. Given nothing after 4 times that, and the history, people will be nervous.

If we knew the number of things to do and could see they were getting done, as I suspect the COSU are then we would be less nervous perhaps. But we don’t.
Quite.

The ITKs post in good faith, and we're grateful for that. However, when we're told "maybe this week", "possibly the weekend", "by Monday", "by Friday", "soon", "we're close"... you soon see why the skepticism starts to set in.

It is very frustrating but there's little benefit to an update at this point. After all, COSU are, I gather, waiting on others to ratify and check things over so it's not in their control either.

They wouldn't want to commit to a date to avoid getting any hopes up etc. So I'm not really sure what people want them to say. It's difficult but we just have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back