• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
STEWARTS Law have confirmed they will support a further adjournment of Southend United's winding up petition. The London Law firm initially agreed to a four week adjournment ahead of a hearing at the High Court in mid-April. But, ahead of the scheduled court hearing this Wednesday, Stewarts Law have agreed to again support the Shrimpers' request for another adjournment.

A statement issued to the Echo from Stewarts Law said: “Ron Martin has contacted us to advise that completion of the sale of the club is not now likely to occur before 15 May, the date of the adjourned winding up hearing, despite substantial progress having been made.

“Mr Martin has indicated that he will be requesting from the court on behalf of the club a further six week adjournment and has asked if we will support that request.

"We understand that this further adjournment will provide sufficient time to secure completion of the sale of the club enabling it to swiftly clear its historical debts and return to solvency.

"Based on that understanding, we have confirmed that we will support this adjournment.”

You can search the emails from Hugh Cumberland on yahoo groups who was anti Ron right from the start, before shrimpers.net and before SZ so yes people have been complaining for a long time.
I seem to recall you and I digging out stuff about RM / Anton Johnson and Rotherham (?) for the Blue Anorak many years ago (early 2000's ?) around the time that John Main got shafted (went native..)

Two positive snippets from recent communications.
The trust stated that there had been progress made with Rat, CRBE etc while awaiting council DD.
Also Stewarts Law stating substantial progress made....fingers crossed

Two positive snippets from recent communications.
The trust stated that there had been progress made with Rat, CRBE etc while awaiting council DD.
Also Stewarts Law stating substantial progress made....fingers crossed
I think they said that Ron told them that substantial progress had been made. There is a difference............

The adjournment length may be more sensible this time. You have to think last time it was classic Ron thinking somehow simply stating it would make it so.

2 weeks to complete DD, 2 to complete admin steps, 2 as contingency seems more realistic. Of course this takes us to pretty much end of June- presumably training starts second week July. Big question is how this impacts transfers- I suspect it will impact when we announce them rather than whether we progress them. lets hope so. I guess much will depend if they are achieved within the budget set (if so then hopefully no need to slow down)..

Anyway my hope...

Indeed, however surely they would have asked for some evidence?
I've not a clue why this next piece jumped into my mind after reading your post @leeblue, must be an age thing!

This morning I had another talk with the German Chancellor, Herr Hitler, and here is the paper which bears his name upon it as well as mine. Some of you, perhaps, have already heard what it contains but I would just like to read it to you: " ... We regard the agreement signed last night and the Anglo-German Naval Agreement as symbolic of the desire of our two peoples never to go to war with one another again"

Neville Chamberlain

I do wonder if the six weeks is worst case scenario here because nobody involved wants another adjournment...

I would like a statement from RM and/or consortium and/or council as to whether the completion will take place within that 6 week timeframe. None of this best intention, or we aim to, or its reasonable to expect rubbish - no, just a will it or wont it.

If not, the can is being kicked further down this already very long road.

The adjournment length may be more sensible this time. You have to think last time it was classic Ron thinking somehow simply stating it would make it so.

2 weeks to complete DD, 2 to complete admin steps, 2 as contingency seems more realistic. Of course this takes us to pretty much end of June- presumably training starts second week July. Big question is how this impacts transfers- I suspect it will impact when we announce them rather than whether we progress them. lets hope so. I guess much will depend if they are achieved within the budget set (if so then hopefully no need to slow down)..

Anyway my hope...
Players are back end of June.

Which is why it is imperative this is sorted for good this time around. Or it has a real impact on pre-season prep. Again.

Players are back end of June.

Which is why it is imperative this is sorted for good this time around. Or it has a real impact on pre-season prep. Again.
I bet they'll be watching events closely. Surely, they won't want to be playing under those awful situations all over again

I bet they'll be watching events closely. Surely, they won't want to be playing under those awful situations all over again
Exactly. Turning up to a war torn B&L, with 3rd world facilities is not what we want the players to be arriving to again.

Exactly. Turning up to a war torn B&L, with 3rd world facilities is not what we want the players to be arriving to again.
They'll have to lump it for a while regardless, as COSU rightly won't pay for cabins to go in at the new training ground until they own the club, and then it'll probably take a month or two to get them in and fully fitted.

They'll be doing outside training at the new facility, and going back to B&L for gym work and showers, etc.

They'll have to lump it for a while regardless, as COSU rightly won't pay for cabins to go in at the new training ground until they own the club, and then it'll probably take a month or two to get them in and fully fitted.

They'll be doing outside training at the new facility, and going back to B&L for gym work and showers, etc.
Well if they can train on a surface that isn't a risk of injury, that would be an improvement on last term! So that is a positive.

So what happen to the goverment needing councils to build affordable housing .Seema the labour part of the council couldnt give a dam about amy thing .That doesnt suit them .There like kids in the school playground . Let them prove me wrong .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back