• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

I think @CllrDanielCowan will be back on the beers tonight after the results for both Southend seats.

Will the change in MPs from Blue to Red help or hinder the deal. Shame on Anna Firth to lose her seat with her beng quite a vocal supporter of the club (Duddridge less than vocal in my opinion,)

So congratulations to David Burton-Sampson and Bayo Alaba. Hope to see then continuing to champion the cause of Southend United during their terms in office.

Slightly political so I do hope the mods don't remove as I would like to know if the change in party could affect the deal long term with the transfer of assets to POSU once the planning is all agreed.

I think @CllrDanielCowan will be back on the beers tonight after the results for both Southend seats.

Will the change in MPs from Blue to Red help or hinder the deal. Shame on Anna Firth to lose her seat with her beng quite a vocal supporter of the club (Duddridge less than vocal in my opinion,)

So congratulations to David Burton-Sampson and Bayo Alaba. Hope to see then continuing to champion the cause of Southend United during their terms in office.

Slightly political so I do hope the mods don't remove as I would like to know if the change in party could affect the deal long term with the transfer of assets to POSU once the planning is all agreed.
In theory a change of MP shouldn't now make a difference, but I simply don't trust the rats to not try to use it to their advantage somehow.

Last edited:
Heard yesterday wasn’t a great day in regards to getting this over the line but today was a much more positive day
Thanks for this information. But I am a bit puzzled.

I thought the Consortium and RM/JM had already agreed a deal and the lawyers were simply double-checking the wording to make sure it was legally watertight and consistent with what was agreed between the parties...

Without going down the politics road......Labour have said 40% of new builds should be affordable (usually meaning small one bedroom flats). So possible before ground is broken at FF they will be back towards the Cox rather than Cowan plan.

Either way there is never large development that doesn't change at some stage. The Garrison, Gas works and Seaway car park are a few recent and local examples. Thats why it was inevitable that the Ron RH for £1 and the £20m deal was always going to change.

Hopefully not long before the highly paid legal guys stop dragging out minor points, as they always do.....At your expense. Then the deal will be completed.

Last edited:
Thanks for this information. But I am a bit puzzled.

I thought the Consortium and RM/JM had already agreed a deal and the lawyers were simply double-checking the wording to make sure it was legally watertight and consistent with what was agreed between the parties...
They have. There will always be rumours, whether you chose to believe them or not is a 'choice' thing. In the absence of any news from the involved parties, you have to think that we are on track for an announcement today or Monday.

tribal chief as you seem to be in the know Is this deal water tight so rattie cant back track .And will we hear good news today at long last . And our club has a new chairman .

Back