• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

How long do we expect the legals to take ? Last time lawyers were instructed under Kimura we never heard anything after that

See this post
As expected.

How long the next stage takes will depend on what exactly was agreed.

The lawyers should turn around the document overnight.

The questions will be:

1) what third party approvals required (the Council, Citizen, CBRE)? A best case scenario would be these would be obtained tomorrow, potentially allowing for completion Thursday. The best case scenario almost never happens: in practice someone who needs to approve has a meeting on another matter, has a kid off ill, is acting as en election officer etc. They won’t drop everything to assist on your urgent matter.

2) what security is being taken (if any)? This will likely take a day or two if this is a new development. The Consortium did list this as a requirement previously.

3) what points still need to be agreed? They’ve agreed the terms but those terms need may still need to be fleshed out. With Ron you can never take it for granted.

I think we’re likely looking at the end of the week if no set backs but that’s just a guess from afar and I suspect a lot can still go wrong.

So good news but still work to be done.

Signs to look for are now Ron and/or Justin annd Jason emerging from their bunkers and appearing in public and/or engaging with fans.

All those concerned about Cllr Cowan making it back ok on the train and the walk home, fear not. I have it on good authority that Ron leant our esteemed council head honcho his helicopter for the return journey and a chauffeur driven ride to his door in the Bentley.

Last edited:
They are all probably in Hangover City this morning.:Dizzy:
I can’t speak for others but I’m okay.
Dan Dan the Council Man was last seen on here at 2.30am - he ain’t getting much work done today 🤕🤢
Au contraire. Up bright and early to crack on with work as I’ll be quite busy tomorrow!

All those concerned about Cllr Cowan making it back ok on the train and the walk home, fear note. I have it on good authority that Ron leant our esteemed council head honcho his helicopter for the return journey and a chauffeur driven ride to his door in the Bentley.
He drew the line at using his hair stylist though.

Many councillors are season ticket holders so the answer is no they can watch the mighty blues as many times as they like
I think they can attend as many as they want but if it is over 6 games they are not allowed to vote on anything that involves the club directly or indirectly as seen as a conflict of interest

I think the key for people’s mental health will be to expect the rest of the week to be required to get legal sign off and transfer of cash etc. any sooner will be a bonus but let’s not check every minute and by the end of day assume it’s all gone wrong if no announcement.
Transfer of cash - aren't they paying £1.00 for the club?

I hope that pay it all in 1p's

Back