• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down people. We are not going bust and we are in much better place than we were last summer.

It has taken time but the likes of Rochdale and Torquay don't have to switch 500 houses from one site to another. A delay is the price for staying at RH. That is a price worth paying for most of us.

Forget the bed wetting on here. Im told the important people in this deal expect it to go through.

Last edited:
Calm down people. We are not going bust and we are in much better place than we were last summer.

It has taken time but the likes of Rochdale and Torquay don't have to switch 500 hoses from one site to another. A delay is the price for staying at RH. That is a price worth paying for most of us.

Forget the bed wetting on here. Im told the important people in this deal expect it to go through.
I just think everyone is on hi alert we have had so many false hopes over the takeover we all want it done and Ron Martin gone so I will take you advice and keep taking my calm down pills

It has taken time but the likes of Rochdale and Torquay don't have to switch 500 hoses from one site to another. A delay is the price for staying at RH. That is a price worth paying for most of us.

I think it's entirely understandable people are losing patience. I wouldn't be shocked if some in the consortium are

I think it's entirely understandable people are losing patience. I wouldn't be shocked if some in the consortium are

My info came from one of them. If he is isn't panicking then neither should we.

We are SUFC. It was never going to be easy and I'm sure there will be some further problems/delays. The only thing that matters is a win at the end for all of us. Focus on the prize not the pain.

It has taken time but the likes of Rochdale and Torquay don't have to switch 500 houses from one site to another. A delay is the price for staying at RH. That is a price worth paying for most of us.

What would we do without you eh riggers? Your soft voice of calm has bought me back from the brink of despair yet again. I'm still struggling on the bed wetting, but that might be something that has crept up on me through age. (or working with @Cricko) :Winking:

I know it seems like years this all started But really it's only awhile ago that contracts were signed and exchanged .That's when things started to happen Yes
Rat man put the club up for sale over a year ago So I guess the in the grand scheme of things it may take a little longer.

Reactions: RHB
I've gone for never as we're 13 months into the sale 'process' and still not done.

If we're not done by June, it feels like it could be one final 'wallop' after a crash and a bang.

Don't see us starting next season unless we're in new hands.
The consortium haven't been going around for13 months And the contracts was only exchanged late December last year

i hope you're right mate

I’ll take that rigs thanks.

That will depend on how quickly Martin can provide the necessary documentation.

The last we heard (the Council papers ahead of the Cabinet meeting) they were still awaiting stuff.

Given the deal was struck in December you might wonder why these hadn’t been provided yet.
Not really, I think we probably know why :Think:.

I’ve been told all we can do is wait.

My info came from one of them. If he is isn't panicking then neither should we.

We are SUFC. It was never going to be easy and I'm sure there will be some further problems/delays. The only thing that matters is a win at the end for all of us. Focus on the prize not the pain.
My info also came from one of them. And he had a very different opinion. Not panic but wary of losing more money. Different consortium members can have different perspectives I’m sure, but he’s one of the more monied members, so I took it seriously.

Every time I read on here people expressing incredulity at the time it is taking to sort out the mess that Martin created I am reminded of this diagram that someone posted (sorry I can’t remember who went to the trouble to produce it, but it's a masterpiece) a few years ago. How do you begin to sort that lot out?

Edit: I have just seen the note at the bottom that says Napster produced it in April 2021 Ron Martin's Empire Updated.png

Every time I read on here people expressing incredulity at the time it is taking to sort out the mess that Martin created I am reminded of this diagram that someone posted (sorry I can’t remember who went to the trouble to produce it, but it's a masterpiece) a few years ago. How do you begin to sort that lot out?

Edit: I have just seen the note at the bottom that says Napster produced it in April 2021 View attachment 32021

Daggers, Rochdale and today Torquay all acquired by new owners this week. Yet here we are 14 months down the line and still no sale. It really does defy belief what the Martin family has done to our club.

This is the Zone. I reserve my right to be part of the doom and gloom brigade 😀. Anton Johnson seems angelic by comparison, except that the football and crowds are much better than those dismal days and I had to shout to the nearest person to me in the North.

That will depend on how quickly Martin can provide the necessary documentation.

The last we heard (the Council papers ahead of the Cabinet meeting) they were still awaiting stuff.

Given the deal was struck in December you might wonder why these hadn’t been provided yet.
Ron again, can’t wait to get this 🐀 out of our club.

The longer this goes on, the more I don't understand how he ever got rich in the first place. The man/rodent seems incapable of closing a deal.
Maybe if the crap council kept to there word we would have our club back .But sadly the council like ron cant tell the truth .And noe the council has changerd hands .Most of them dont want to help .Same as they didnt want the seaway project to go ahead .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back