• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they make a film of this sorry saga which I’m sure they will do one day the bobsleigh bit will just add to the weirdness. Maybe a remake of “Cool Runnings” with a different four letter word beginning with “c” 😜
maybe they will make a film i`m sure if anyone sits down to write a book about Ron and the takeover it will be longer than War and Peace

"I remain confident that this will get over the line and I think someone else will take the project off Ron when the deal is agreed and planning permission is granted for the housing at FF."

Who will then want to tinker with the permission because the economics don't quite fit their needs / no longer stack up etc.

"I remain confident that this will get over the line and I think someone else will take the project off Ron when the deal is agreed and planning permission is granted for the housing at FF."

Who will then want to tinker with the permission because the economics don't quite fit their needs / no longer stack up etc.
That shouldn’t be a problem as subsequent changes are between them and the council. We should be separated from it all then.

Just out of curiosity was there any protests against Martin in 2000? Here we have property developer (if you can call him that) buys a football club with no real love for football then strips the club assets away (that shouldn't be allowed) charges the club £400,000 year with the sole aim of making money without any consideration to the club and its fans. Surely if there was time to protest was back then. Now feels to late as the damage been done to certain degree.
How accessible was that information for the time? Now we can type Company House in to our Google machine and find it quite easily as some people have we charges etc. In 2000, maybe something like that could go unnoticed unless you put in a request. How public would that information been for you to put in a request in the first place?

Just for context we got our first computer and internet in 2000 and I only just discovered Southend had a football club as stupid as it sounds.

More people liked this post than turned up at the last protest. More people demand protests on SZ and Twitter than turned up at the last protest.

If apathy runs through even the people calling for it, what hope have we got?
I agree and I find it incredibly frustrating. I've been at god knows how many over the years because I love the club, I cannot get my head round how so many are happy to sit there. Everyone can say they don't do anything as much as they want but I don't agree. Like I've said many times before, at least I can say I tried.

I agree and I find it incredibly frustrating. I've been at god knows how many over the years because I love the club, I cannot get my head round how so many are happy to sit there. Everyone can say they don't do anything as much as they want but I don't agree. Like I've said many times before, at least I can say I tried.
I really believe sometimes it’s the right time to demonstrate and other times not. My personal opinion is demonstrating now would have little to no effect. However, I respect your opinion and wonder what form your demonstration would take. Utbs!

How accessible was that information for the time? Now we can type Company House in to our Google machine and find it quite easily as some people have we charges etc. In 2000, maybe something like that could go unnoticed unless you put in a request. How public would that information been for you to put in a request in the first place?

Just for context we got our first computer and internet in 2000 and I only just discovered Southend had a football club as stupid as it sounds.
Back in those days it was the Southend echo providing news to fans maybe that news wasn't provided to fans then like it is now with the Internet being everyday news supply, You could be right on that point. I was 12 back in the year 2000, so I didn't really pay attention to owners of football clubs tbh.

Tinker, maybe, but if planning permission for a sepcific project is in place then they won't be able to do much.

Ron has 2 options: get a decent planning application passed for someone to take on as a worthwhile project or build it himself.

Given his track record, which do you think is more likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back