• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to bring a bit of positivity to the thread, D2 design and build posted this on their Instagram story yesterday. It looks like they are starting something on 1st June which must mean the consortium are assuming everything will have moved forwards by then.

View attachment 32018
Not allowed on Shrimperzone. Take any positivity and discard it. This is a place for doom and gloom.

Now, I can't for one moment believe this was a meeting between D2 and Ron (partly because they stated the meeting went well) This is hopefully a meeting between D2 and a member or two of the consortium. Perhaps upping the standard of the rest of the boxes to what they did with the D2 lounge

I guess with STs it depends on how much they need the money. They could potentially ask people to commit and schedule payments - eg £50 a month to save their seat, rest payable when the sale is completed. I suspect they don’t have a liquidity issue though so are happy to wait.

Not allowed on Shrimperzone. Take any positivity and discard it. This is a place for doom and gloom.

Now, I can't for one moment believe this was a meeting between D2 and Ron (partly because they stated the meeting went well) This is hopefully a meeting between D2 and a member or two of the consortium. Perhaps upping the standard of the rest of the boxes to what they did with the D2 lounge
I'm hoping it is more on the toilet/bar/fanzone side of things. It's critical these are improved for next season.

That's categorically not true though, as things stand. Let's review last summer's issues:
  • we were under a transfer embargo and almost completely unable to sign any new players;
  • we were subject to a winding-up petition from HMRC for which we had already had multiple hearings (no WUP is good, but we know being in debt to HMRC puts us much more at risk of sporting sanctions);
  • we were in violation of NL licensing regulations which could have resulted in us getting kicked out of the league;
  • Roots Hall was poised to have its safety certificate revoked and only a huge effort by a band of supporters allowed us to start the season;
  • there was no running water at B&L and conditions were so poor that the players went on strike for a short time
Yes, things still aren't where we'd like them to be and there is still uncertainty which could put off potential new signings, but I think it's a stretch to suggest that this summer is looking like last summer.

Why let the truth get in the way of a discussion though. Doesn’t normally stop some people.

Its very helpful when people like Medway put some clarity into a very confusing situation.What confuses me is yes I understand that the council need to take the necessary Those words are banned and look very carefully at what they are signing upto because they need to protect the interests of everyone not just a the football club.But now long does it take to complete there dd and to come to a decision.Its not helpful when its announced that its likely its early May I rather they say nothing.Patience is very thin these days,I hope we hear positive news soon

What people do or say on ShrimpeZone is very seldom what they will do in real life. That's social media for you! To be fair, people have attended protests, many from on the Zone, but only if they believe it will be worthwhile. There is a degree of apathy, that is a common malaise in all walks of life these days, but I'm still waiting to understand what good protests could do at the moment, and against who.
I used to be apathetic but i can't be bothered now.

SOUTHEND’S embattled Tory leader is refusing to quit over fears the deal to secure the future of the Blues is “in jeopardy”.

Tony Cox is likely to face a vote of no confidence at a crunch meeting in the week commencing May 20 because he has given no indication that he intends to stand down following Conservative election losses.

Labour – which won 20 seats against the Tories’ 18 seats at last week’s elections – hope to snatch control of the council from the Conservatives with the backing of Independents and Lib Dems.

Under council procedure, Mr Cox would need to resign at the annual council meeting next Thursday – or face a vote of no confidence to remove him.

Mr Cox said he had concerns over the future of the Southend United sale following an Echo report which revealed members of the proposed joint administration had concerns about the Fossetts Farm homes deal, which is crucial to the sale of the club.

Instead of resigning, he said he would let democratic process follow which would eventually lead to a vote of no confidence. Mr Cox said he had been “inundated” with calls about the change in leadership and fears the Southend United deal is “in jeopardy”.

He added: “A deal hasn’t been finalised. The council’s standing orders require nine days for a motion to be put and I believe in the democratic process and not behind closed doors coronations when things are still up in the air.”

With 26 councillors needed to form a joint administration, all but one of seven Independents and four Lib Dems are aligning themselves with Labour as the party with the most votes, though a formal announcement is yet to be made.

Southend’s Labour leader, Daniel Cowan said: “We have our annual meeting on May 16 and it was hoped that we would be able to formally announce a new administration by that point but I’ve been informed by the chief executive that Mr Cox does not intend to resign his position so we’ve called for a vote of no confidence.

“The annual council meeting has now been moved to the week commencing May 20 and there will be a motion to remove the leader and install a new leader. It’s a standard process.”

Its very helpful when people like Medway put some clarity into a very confusing situation.What confuses me is yes I understand that the council need to take the necessary Those words are banned and look very carefully at what they are signing upto because they need to protect the interests of everyone not just a the football club.But now long does it take to complete there dd and to come to a decision.Its not helpful when its announced that its likely its early May I rather they say nothing.Patience is very thin these days,I hope we hear positive news soon
Bring back the days before Social Media and click bait journalism! Then we would just wait without any absurd invented speculation and things would eventually happen, good or bad.

Bring back the days before Social Media and click bait journalism! Then we would just wait without any absurd invented speculation and things would eventually happen, good or bad.
With opinions like that you deserve to have the lads come round to your house to protest against apathy :Winking:

Daggers, Rochdale and today Torquay all acquired by new owners this week. Yet here we are 14 months down the line and still no sale. It really does defy belief what the Martin family has done to our club.

Torquay for example have entered and sorted a plan for exiting administration in less than 5 weeks. Beginning to think this may have been our better option, despite the damage it will of caused internally and externally.

.But now long does it take to complete there dd and to come to a decision.

That will depend on how quickly Martin can provide the necessary documentation.

The last we heard (the Council papers ahead of the Cabinet meeting) they were still awaiting stuff.

Given the deal was struck in December you might wonder why these hadn’t been provided yet.

I'm hoping it is more on the toilet/bar/fanzone side of things. It's critical these are improved for next season.
Could be re-doing the bars to a better standard but not so sure they would shout about their involvement in doing up the bogs at a football stadium on Instagram.

Only thing I can make out is the top redacted wording must include a lower case p within the wording as the tail of the P can just be seen just underneath the word "Club".

I suppose it could read "Commencement and Installation of new poo collection devices"

SOUTHEND’S embattled Tory leader is refusing to quit over fears the deal to secure the future of the Blues is “in jeopardy”.

Tony Cox is likely to face a vote of no confidence at a crunch meeting in the week commencing May 20 because he has given no indication that he intends to stand down following Conservative election losses.

Labour – which won 20 seats against the Tories’ 18 seats at last week’s elections – hope to snatch control of the council from the Conservatives with the backing of Independents and Lib Dems.

Under council procedure, Mr Cox would need to resign at the annual council meeting next Thursday – or face a vote of no confidence to remove him.

Mr Cox said he had concerns over the future of the Southend United sale following an Echo report which revealed members of the proposed joint administration had concerns about the Fossetts Farm homes deal, which is crucial to the sale of the club.

Instead of resigning, he said he would let democratic process follow which would eventually lead to a vote of no confidence. Mr Cox said he had been “inundated” with calls about the change in leadership and fears the Southend United deal is “in jeopardy”.

He added: “A deal hasn’t been finalised. The council’s standing orders require nine days for a motion to be put and I believe in the democratic process and not behind closed doors coronations when things are still up in the air.”

With 26 councillors needed to form a joint administration, all but one of seven Independents and four Lib Dems are aligning themselves with Labour as the party with the most votes, though a formal announcement is yet to be made.

Southend’s Labour leader, Daniel Cowan said: “We have our annual meeting on May 16 and it was hoped that we would be able to formally announce a new administration by that point but I’ve been informed by the chief executive that Mr Cox does not intend to resign his position so we’ve called for a vote of no confidence.

“The annual council meeting has now been moved to the week commencing May 20 and there will be a motion to remove the leader and install a new leader. It’s a standard process.”
Is he expecting that 9 days of process to make some kind of difference here?!? It’s been over 9 years coming this…

Daggers, Rochdale and today Torquay all acquired by new owners this week. Yet here we are 14 months down the line and still no sale. It really does defy belief what the Martin family has done to our club.

Torquay for example have entered and sorted a plan for exiting administration in less than 5 weeks. Beginning to think this may have been our better option, despite the damage it will of caused internally and externally.
In the end football clubs are small businesses in the lower leagues and sales can go though very quickly. I remember what seems an age ago now making the huge mistake of suggesting the sale of Southend could be equally quick. Of course, that was not appreciating the spectacular mess of inter company relationships and how it related to external debt and charges, and the sheer magnitude thereto.

It is obvious now in hindsight why Ron was first so keen not to sell until the new stadium was in place and all the debt tidied away- unfortunately he just ran out of money altogether... Selling before, even with the new plan retaining RH, has required a truly special buyer for whom the prize was worth the considerable and tortuous chase (or more simply without the consortium we would be stuffed). But then I tell you something you already know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back