• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just frustration and mental torture that we all have to live through with this fiasco.

When will it ever end, it's been going on 20 odd years,

I well remember myself and @Smiffy meeting with the cretin at least 15 years ago listening to the rats bollocks chat. We both walked away saying the bloke is a tosser then.
Yeah, must have been around the same time he gave me and Bob Evans (RIP) the same old bollocks. Bob wanted to thump him, wish I'd let him now.

So if a deal is agreed by COP Friday then the embargo will be cleared/paid and we can prepare for next season by signing players and selling season tickets?

If a deal isn't agreed by COP then Cosu walk as do the council and we're wound up on the 26th June

Is that right?
The thing is what would you do then if you were another one of the major creditors? They will all be watching developments and if the WUP gets paid then you can bet there will be imminently more incoming! Creditors will want to chance their arm of getting paid out in full rather than risk administration when they would only get pennies in the pound paid out to them.
IMO COSU are stuck between a rock and a hard place with this, they will be well aware of the risks in whichever decision they choose to make

Last edited:
The thing is what would you do then if you were another one of the major creditors? They will all be watching developments and if the WUP gets paid then you can bet there will be imminently more incoming! Creditors will want to chance their arm of getting paid out in full rather than risk administration when they would only get pennies in the pound paid out to them.
IMO COSU are stuck between a rock and a hard place with this, they will be well aware of the risks in whichever decision they choose to make
I suspect that's why they want to take security for further funds going into the club, because of the risk of more creditors demanding repayment, it's unlikely 'just' another half a million is needed

From a playing side that doesn't matter. COSU pay, the embargo is lifted, we sign the players we have lined up and then get hit with another WUP, but we have our squad by then!

BTW, did you know pigs can fly?

Last edited:
We care about the club. I am pursuing this course of action because it’s the one that, if it works, actually helps the club. The deal needs to work, get through planning, achieve funding, and actually start to be delivered before COSU see a penny. Without a deal that works in reality not just on paper, they could end up with control of a club with no assets and no way of achieving financial sustainability.

Just a quick note to say thanks to you for the updates. Appreciate them and keeping everything crossed for the survival of SUFC.

Last edited:
From a playing side that doesn't matter. COSU pay, the embargo is lifted, we sign the players we have lined up and then get hit with smiths WUP, but we have our squad by then!

BTW, did you know pigs can fly?
Or other creditors see what is happening and jump on wup now and all of RM debts will have to paid.

So if a deal is agreed by COP Friday then the embargo will be cleared/paid and we can prepare for next season by signing players and selling season tickets?

If a deal isn't agreed by COP then Cosu walk as do the council and we're wound up on the 26th June

Is that right?
I thought the embargo was due to accounts not being submitted. Not the WUP. If correct COSU wont be able to lift it by paying, unless it's a back hander. Am I wrong?

I can’t give you a definitive answer. It depends on what levers can be pulled. We’re doing all we can but it’s not just up to SCC.
This team is definitely capable of getting play offs then promotion via the play offs. If that were to happen, you can bet your top dollar that the revenue for the city will increase massively. Going back into league 2, a lot of clubs would bring a lot of numbers especially the likes of Gillingham for example (if they are still in league 2 by the time we go up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back