• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying that at all but, I firmly believe the council have had an agenda that has not helped one bit, hindered in fact and that has not changed for decades. The council can, when it wants, move a damn sight quicker than it is. According to many, without evidence, it's Ron holding things up. The same people who say he is broke, hell, he must be some mug delaying things at a cost to him.
Ron has enough to answer for but, I have no trust in the council whatsoever.
What do you mean without evidence?

The council published the papers which says they are still waiting on stuff from Ron.

Now where’s the evidence for the council having an agenda?

The ceo probably should put out statement to ease fans fears but in this case I actually think they don't even know what will happen, so there in the dark like the rest of us. If they finally do own the club the communication side of things to fans needs to massively improve.
I’m sure it was Said at the cliffs pavilion communications with supporters would improve ( lol ) I’m still waiting for that one

What do you mean without evidence?

The council published the papers which says they are still waiting on stuff from Ron.

Now where’s the evidence for the council having an agenda?
Exactly this from my understanding. The council can't go forward procedure wise, until they have all the information they have asked for from Ron. It sounds like there is stuff he may not be in a hurry to disclose. Allegedly, in my own opinion. I believe the holdup is from Ron's side, and not the council in this case, and I'm no lover of the council.

I’m sure it was Said at the cliffs pavilion communications with supporters would improve ( lol ) I’m still waiting for that one
The consortium has no input at this point- the only people who can update you are SBC and Ron. TBH given its now the final financial DD step then the only meaningful update is completion- not sure a running commentary on the financial DD step itself helps very much.

I think on communication the consortium can be judged the moment the sale is finalised.

The consortium has no input at this point- the only people who can update you are SBC and Ron. TBH given its now the final financial DD step then the only meaningful update is completion- not sure a running commentary on the financial DD step itself helps very much.

I think on communication the consortium can be judged the moment the sale is finalised.
I think an updated estimation of when it will be completed, and an understanding of whether there are any blockers which are not actively being acted upon by the blocking party would be an update short of completion.

I think the consortium could give an update on their two issues they brought up a month or so ago.

All we as fans want to know is that we can look forward to putting our hard earned money into the club and back the players to promotion next season.

The last 5 or 6 seasons have been pure hell. As fans we have stuck by the club and done everything within our power to raise awareness of our plight.

I hope when this nightmare ends finally, we are all rewarded with a promotion back to the EFL.

My worries are that we are relying on a council that is renowned for being under supportive of blues, whilst failing at getting various projects underway.

We are further relying on financial Those words are banned on a man who is flat broke and has zero morals when it comes to his own affairs and those of the club.

Fingers and toes crossed that this somehow gets over the line and Ron is finally history.

I think an updated estimation of when it will be completed, and an understanding of whether there are any blockers which are not actively being acted upon by the blocking party would be an update short of completion.

I think the consortium could give an update on their two issues they brought up a month or so ago.
Absolutely right

I cant believe the Consortium are sitting on their hands, completely immobilised and unable to have communication channels open, even if its a struggle

Likewise the Council and Ron, especially as we are but a week away from another winding up order FFS

We all know that Ron Martin likes to play devil's advocate He likes to have the upper hand in every way He says he want the consortium to take over ASAP But between him and the council .They are hanging our club out to dry .

We all know that Ron Martin likes to play devil's advocate He likes to have the upper hand in every way He says he want the consortium to take over ASAP But between him and the council .They are hanging our club out to dry .
I think you've misunderstood what "playing the devil's advocate" means. More to the point, he doesnt play the devil's advocate, his lawyer does.

Last edited:
I think youve misunderstood what "playing the devil's advocate" means. Morw to the point, he doesnt play the devil's advocate, his lawyer does.
So his lawyer do they work for him .I thought he represents himsef .As his lawers didnt get payed So did they sto working for him .

So his lawyer do they work for him .I thought he represents himsef .As his lawers didnt get payed So did they sto working for him .
They were the ones acting for him for the Club, he probably has another, or possibly more than one, acting for him personally, and for his/Jack's interests.

Here we are again
Sorry Liam, but I'm more than a bit confused.

Does that poster mean that Ronny rat is holding up proceedings?
And if he is, are the council doing anything about it?
And finally, where does that little snippet come from?

Apologies for being dense, but I think I need facts on progress of the Financial DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back