• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question, is there any chance that once the Martins get planning on Fossets, there is a position where they have approved planning on both Fossets and Roots Hall simultaneously leaving the club in a rather precarious position of no protective covenants?
The new proposal for FF is to add the housing from RH to it. Once it is/if signed across RH no longer has planning approval for houses. Anyway FF could never have been built without a stadium first and of course that is in the wind now.

The thing that concerns me the most is whilst it drags on the consortium have to keep paying the wages etc month on month. Let's hope they can keep the faith because the season ticket money is out there waiting for them to help things.
I really hope it all gets the Green light before the next court appearance.

Last edited:
4 weeks or so ago JR said there were two issues:

- Those words are banned
- Statement of agreement (or similar) from Ron’s creditors

We know Those words are banned is on to the final stage - but would need someone from the council I guess to update on that. When would it be completed, is there a hold up, who by etc.
- and maybe something from JR on the second point

The new proposal for FF is to add the housing from RH to it. Once it is/if signed across RH no longer has planning approval for houses. Anyway FF could never have been built without a stadium first and of course that is in the wind now.

The thing that concerns me the most is whilst it drags on the consortium have to keep paying the wages etc month on month. Let's hope they can keep the faith because the season ticket money is out there waiting for them to help things.
I really hope it all gets the Green light before the next court appearance.

I'm not sure the council will revoke the PP on Roots Hall. If they do that there is a lot of paper work and potentially compensation to pay!!! The conditions of the planning on RH cannot be met without the new stadium - so I reckon they'll just let it lapse? Have you heard different?

We are where we are because Ron ran out of money, and or, people willing to bankroll him. Despite the claims of protesters that they have forced the sale, or Anna Firth accepting plaudits as a one woman steering committee, we are left in the familiar world that lacks transparency. There are still too many reasons to fear for the clubs future and precious little reassurance.

Southend council stymied FF at every turn until they got their housing to replace the planned retail park. They bent over backwards for the Seaway development nonsense and showed, if the want it, they can move quickly. The Those words are banned there had a timeframe allowing nothing more than a nod, a wink, a funny handshake and a rolled up trousers leg.

If everything goes belly-up I know where my vitriol will be directed.
You lost me at the first line.

The bloke has used our football club as a vehicle for a property development. He's separated our ground, built by the hands of supporters and local residents, from our club and then secured up to £45m worth of his debt against it.

I'm interested to know what he has to do to draw your ire.

Kill your pet? Leave a flaming bag of dog **** on your doorstep?

It's one thing to "run out of money" when your intentions are good, but his never have been.

All of the things that are turning what should be a straight-forward sale of a football club into something much, much more complicated can be traced directly back to Ron Martin and the way he's tangled this football club up in his shady web. I'd love to get the forensic accountants in if I could.

You lost me at the first line.

The bloke has used our football club as a vehicle for a property development. He's separated our ground, built by the hands of supporters and local residents, from our club and then secured up to £45m worth of his debt against it.

I'm interested to know what he has to do to draw your ire.

Kill your pet? Leave a flaming bag of dog **** on your doorstep?

It's one thing to "run out of money" when your intentions are good, but his never have been.

All of the things that are turning what should be a straight-forward sale of a football club into something much, much more complicated can be traced directly back to Ron Martin and the way he's tangled this football club up in his shady web. I'd love to get the forensic accountants in if I could.
Absolutely this

We are where we are because Ron ran out of money, and or, people willing to bankroll him. Despite the claims of protesters that they have forced the sale, or Anna Firth accepting plaudits as a one woman steering committee, we are left in the familiar world that lacks transparency. There are still too many reasons to fear for the clubs future and precious little reassurance.

Southend council stymied FF at every turn until they got their housing to replace the planned retail park. They bent over backwards for the Seaway development nonsense and showed, if the want it, they can move quickly. The Those words are banned there had a timeframe allowing nothing more than a nod, a wink, a funny handshake and a rolled up trousers leg.

If everything goes belly-up I know where my vitriol will be directed.
Seriously, Ron's not to blame for this mess in your opinion ?

Bumped into someone today who has experience in the kind of development/financial shenanigans Ron has inflicted upon us. He reckons those ultimately responsible for transferring the charges from RH to FF won't do so until full planning permission granted on FF.
I know little of these issues and always appreciate those that do post on here.
Does this sound feasible?

Bumped into someone today who has experience in the kind of development/financial shenanigans Ron has inflicted upon us. He reckons those ultimately responsible for transferring the charges from RH to FF won't do so until full planning permission granted on FF.
I think that is the understanding but getting planning permission relies on financial Those words are banned on RM, if I've understood it right

Does anyone itk expect us to get an update from Justin or anyone else’s in some kinda way soon I guess not a lot can be said obvs due to DD . But be nice to have an update to see if there running on track for time or there be a delay .

Genuine question, is there any chance that once the Martins get planning on Fossets, there is a position where they have approved planning on both Fossets and Roots Hall simultaneously leaving the club in a rather precarious position of no protective covenants?

The covenant likely doesn’t provide the type of protection people think it does.

Yes but the deal is apparently for the club to be sold on council’s agreement for the housing deal and a lease to be granted for Roots Hall to allow time for planning permission to be granted. RH’s freeehold would only be transferred later once planning permission had been granted and the charge paid off.

The covenant likely doesn’t provide the type of protection people think it does.

Yes but the deal is apparently for the club to be sold on council’s agreement for the housing deal and a lease to be granted for Roots Hall to allow time for planning permission to be granted. RH’s freeehold would only be transferred later once planning permission had been granted and the charge paid off.
Ahhhhhh thanks muchly

Rewatched the consortium video today from the Cliffs, so much positivity.

Such a shame it hasn't worked out, I think we all know that there are going to be a lot more twists, turns, skeletons and delays before/after the court case… ever seen that film, groundhog day

Rewatched the consortium video today from the Cliffs, so much positivity.

Such a shame it hasn't worked out, I think we all know that there are going to be a lot more twists, turns, skeletons and delays before/after the court case… ever seen that film, groundhog day
Hasn't worked out yet.

As far as I am aware, everyone on "our" side remains totally committed.

Does anyone itk expect us to get an update from Justin or anyone else’s in some kinda way soon I guess not a lot can be said obvs due to DD . But be nice to have an update to see if there running on track for time or there be a delay .
An update telling us supporters how things stand at the moment don’t be silly !!

Seriously, Ron's not to blame for this mess in your opinion ?
I am not saying that at all but, I firmly believe the council have had an agenda that has not helped one bit, hindered in fact and that has not changed for decades. The council can, when it wants, move a damn sight quicker than it is. According to many, without evidence, it's Ron holding things up. The same people who say he is broke, hell, he must be some mug delaying things at a cost to him.
Ron has enough to answer for but, I have no trust in the council whatsoever.

An update telling us supporters how things stand at the moment don’t be silly !!
The ceo probably should put out statement to ease fans fears but in this case I actually think they don't even know what will happen, so there in the dark like the rest of us. If they finally do own the club the communication side of things to fans needs to massively improve.

I am not saying that at all but, I firmly believe the council have had an agenda that has not helped one bit, hindered in fact and that has not changed for decades. The council can, when it wants, move a damn sight quicker than it is. According to many, without evidence, it's Ron holding things up. The same people who say he is broke, hell, he must be some mug delaying things at a cost to him.
Ron has enough to answer for but, I have no trust in the council whatsoever.
Maybe on other projects the information council officers request is provided in full and in a timely manner, allowing them to progress the application.

Maybe with Rat the information is partial and late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back