• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands, we are waiting on 1 man to provide the adequate information for the council to conduct financial DD

This is a man who has missed more deadlines than Frank Nouble has missed clear goalscoring situations

I genuinely believe this will continue to tick along through the summer and most (if not all) of pre season.

From what I've read about RM's current financial situation it strikes me as someone who is still trying to figure it out, not someone who has it under control.

I'd love to be wrong but he's already overshot his own deadline for the sale of the club by a year now, and I really can't see him sorting his **** out in the next couple of months

I fear it's going to be a looooong summer for both the fans and Southend staff

They aren't in control of it. It's all down to Those words are banned process at the moment. They'd be extremely unwise to say anything now. People just have to be patient, as hard as that is.
I don’t give a s..t who is in control 7000 of us filled roots hall for the last home game we deserve to be told how things stand at the moment , it’s only about 7 working days until the 15th so someone must know it the takeover is likely to happen on that date we don’t deserve to be treated this way after the last few seasons,

The word patience seems to be branded about lot. We haven't got endless time now! We have winding up order on the 15th which people seem to be forgetting...... this needs sorting out asap. Fans also seem to be forgetting the consortium in this sorry mess regarding there patience which ultimately counts now but my feeling is there patience is running out. There not going to be waiting in the wings forever and continue to pick up someone else's tab, would you do the same if you were in there shoes? No dont think so. Patience is not on our side now for number of reasons. Ron sort your ****ing **** out and get this club sold, the council make sure you follow through what you promised back in September where you said you needed Southend to be saved.

Last edited:
Given the amount of money the concortium has invested in the c;ub .I cant see them throwing in the towel yet .now the hoo har of the council emetions .I would hope they will call a meeting before our next high court hearing . And finaly sign things off So the club can move forward .

We are where we are because Ron ran out of money, and or, people willing to bankroll him. Despite the claims of protesters that they have forced the sale, or Anna Firth accepting plaudits as a one woman steering committee, we are left in the familiar world that lacks transparency. There are still too many reasons to fear for the clubs future and precious little reassurance.

Southend council stymied FF at every turn until they got their housing to replace the planned retail park. They bent over backwards for the Seaway development nonsense and showed, if the want it, they can move quickly. The Those words are banned there had a timeframe allowing nothing more than a nod, a wink, a funny handshake and a rolled up trousers leg.

If everything goes belly-up I know where my vitriol will be directed.

Genuine question, is there any chance that once the Martins get planning on Fossets, there is a position where they have approved planning on both Fossets and Roots Hall simultaneously leaving the club in a rather precarious position of no protective covenants?

So are we gonna protest at rons before we go back to court? Because let's face it.. we are in the same place now we was when we did all those months ago. He is playing chicken with our club and currently we are all just sitting letting him. And before anyone mentions it's all to do with the council.. Ron could easily let the club go while he works with the council instead of holding it to ransom

Genuine question, is there any chance that once the Martins get planning on Fossets, there is a position where they have approved planning on both Fossets and Roots Hall simultaneously leaving the club in a rather precarious position of no protective covenants?
The planning on RH is conditional on the FF stadium being built - so whilst he may have PP on both the conditions on the RH wouldn't be able to be met

So are we gonna protest at rons before we go back to court? Because let's face it.. we are in the same place now we was when we did all those months ago. He is playing chicken with our club and currently we are all just sitting letting him. And before anyone mentions it's all to do with the council.. Ron could easily let the club go while he works with the council instead of holding it to ransom
Not that I totally understand, but Ron can't let the Club go that easily. There are significant charges held against Roots Hall and they need transferring somewhere else, like land at Fossetts Farm. Others can probably explain that better than I can.

I was going to say - short answer ‘no’ , the council will put caveats in place and will be very aware of how developers try and get round them

However, there is a large development near me of over 1000 houses once finished. The developers have now got to the point in planning where according to the planning conditions they have to build a relief road.
And surprise surprise they now say they can’t afford it and are suggesting a ridiculous plan which Baldrick would be proud off.
Luckily our council (Braintree) is good so far on rejecting planning where developops go back on what has been agreed

Last time the protest group made the call to arms, two people turned up. It doesn't feel like there is much appetite for Rat protests at this precise moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back