• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off to Butlins 90s reloaded 😎 🍺🤮 to get pis3ed, watch a weekend of international football and best of all, celebrate a new chapter in the history of Southend United (PLEASEEEEeee)

I don’t think it’s a new chapter yet from what I’m hearing.

This week has been a positive, but RM will still own us today. Its not good news as in the takeover has been completed.

Just enough to mean JR and the gang are happy to fund us through to next season when we hope the deal will be done?
Thats what Id hope - if they're still in, then you'd hope they don't want to buy a club that's been crippled by a transfer embargo again, so if they're still in they'll be looking to put cash in to lift the WUP, remove the transfer embargo and give the 3 amigos a fighting chance of promotion.

If the good news is that all 3 of the criteria have been met and subject to the final elements of DD being ironed out and agreed the sale will go through then fantastic day for us.

JR and co to release season tickets, get the petition sorted, embargo lifted and a few players in through the door then we can go back to a false malaise of positivity and new custodianship.

Until the next potential end of the club event in October anyway.

Come on you blue boys and come on the England.

I don’t think it’s a new chapter yet from what I’m hearing.

This week has been a positive, but RM will still own us today. Its not good news as in the takeover has been completed.
Sounds like the battered can is getting kicked further down the road?
More reassurances from SCC and the 🐀 that negotiations are ongoing and that they are close?

I just hope that COSU`s 3 points are stuck too by them.

We need closure on whatever the outcome is.

Thats what Id hope - if they're still in, then you'd hope they don't want to buy a club that's been crippled by a transfer embargo again, so if they're still in they'll be looking to put cash in to lift the WUP, remove the transfer embargo and give the 3 amigos a fighting chance of promotion.
The concortiun staying would be the best news today .Getting the council and Rattie to agree a deal is paromount to the club finaly moving forwatds Maybe ron has fianaly come to terms that his stadium was never going to happen . Also maybe he has woken up to the fact he cant beat this council with his pipe dreams .And if he wants and needs his pot of gold then he finaly has to hear what he is being told .We live in hope that this is finaly going to happen .

Sounds like the battered can is getting kicked further down the road?
More reassurances from SCC and the 🐀 that negotiations are ongoing and they are close?

I just hope that COSU`s 3 points are stuck too by them.

We need closure on whatever the outcome is.
After what has gone on I'm assuming for COSU to continue funding the club at this stage it's going to have to be basically set in stone that they will 100% own the club.

Today feels a big step to finally removing the rat at at long last, providing what people are hearing is true.

The concortiun staying would be the best news today .Getting the council and Rattie to agree a deal is paromount to the club finaly moving forwatds Maybe ron has fianaly come to terms that his stadium was never going to happen . Also maybe he has woken up to the fact he cant beat this council with his pipe dreams .And if he wants and needs his pot of gold then he finaly has to hear what he is being told .We live in hope that this is finaly going to happen .
He doesn't care if a new stadium is built. He's probably glad it's gone this way, as more apartments can be built without the stadium.

Season tickets again for our family only when Ron is 100% gone. Too many false alarms.
Thankfully the consortium are running finances at the club. They are not releasing season tickets until we know we will be able to see out next season. If it was still in Ron's charge, he would happily sell hundreds of Season tickets, and use the money for this and that, but knowing we might not even start the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back