• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I'm reading it is progression has been made with cosu, rats and the council but Ron is still technically the owner. I'm sorry but that isn't cause for celebration! More like prolonging the agony for extra few months until the next disaster lies in store. I won't be rushing back to Roots Hall or celebrating until the takeover is finally completed.
That's a fair stance to take. I hope that if and when it does go through, that people that can afford it, back the consortium, the club, the Management team and the players with record season ticket sales.

A Tom Lawrence sent in a question to Trevor Birch (EFL CEO) if they’re looking at a League 3 on POF podcast. Our Tom, you reckon?

He also mentioned discussion about 3 up and down needs to happen. Yeah will do it then, mate.

As I stated yesterday, I just can't see there being a rush of fans wanting to part with their money while Ron is still here. He's lied, cheated and deviated away from the likes of HMRC, British Land and Sainsbury's in the past. All of which are fully professional, established companies. There is absolutely no way people will believe that he won't/hasn't done it to COSU. Therefore, until he's gone, the majority won't part with their hard earned money.

That's in no way derogatory towards COSU, as they have behaved impeccably and they have all of our love and respect. However, it's the justified mistrust of the Martin's that will motivate the majorities decisions.

It would take a statement from COSU stating that all 3 parameters had been met, the embargo is being lifted and players are coming in, for some fans to change their minds. Even then, a lot won't until Ron has gone.

As I stated yesterday, I just can't see there being a rush of fans wanting to part with their money while Ron is still here. He's lied, cheated and deviated away from the likes of HMRC, British Land and Sainsbury's in the past. All of which are fully professional, established companies. There is absolutely no way people will believe that he won't/hasn't done it to COSU. Therefore, until he's gone, the majority won't part with their hard earned money.

That's in no way derogatory towards COSU, as they have behaved impeccably and they have all of our love and respect. However, it's the justified mistrust of the Martin's that will motivate the majorities decisions.

It would take a statement from COSU stating that all 3 parameters had been met, the embargo is being lifted and players are coming in, for some fans to change their minds. Even then, a lot won't until Ron has gone.
I think all these things kind of go hand in hand. For COSU to carry on they are going to have to pay the debt, which will lift the embargo. They have also made it clear they do not want to lose another season due to takeover/rat, so I'd imagine they will be looking to sign players.

Really? Or wouldn’t you rather back Justin and the group to give our team a fighting chance?… they stuck by us we should be going hand in hand with them
Just saying how it is many won’t buy with him around nothing I can do about that but that’s just how it is can’t blame them

Each to their own. I'd never stay away or not support the club financially and vocally. I'll just put the season card on the credit card. Do it every year. Completely protected that way and it's interest free.

Ditto I was supporting this club before RM arrived and hopefully will be after his gone. 🤞

I put season tickets on credit card last season and will do again when they hopefully go on sale as would be covered financially if the worst was to happen.

The way I'm reading it is progression has been made with cosu, rats and the council but Ron is still technically the owner. I'm sorry but that isn't cause for celebration! More like prolonging the agony for extra few months until the next disaster lies in store. I won't be rushing back to Roots Hall or celebrating until the takeover is finally completed.
The only way we will know if progression has been made is .One a statment put out by cownens him self And two Justin says the concortium will be hanging around for the season ahead .

There’s no rush, we don’t start until August.

That's a fair stance to take. I hope that if and when it does go through, that people that can afford it, back the consortium, the club, the Management team and the players with record season ticket sales.
To many false dawns for me to get excited. For me it needs to be 100% completion, not some progression been made, we've beeen hearing progress being made for 9 months...... that unfortunately doesn't warrant me paying nearly £400 and I think others will feel the same. Fair play to those who keep going, considering Southend are the worse run club in the country that's dedication. If the takeover happens I will want to come back and support Southend.

To many false dawns for me to get excited. For me it needs to be 100% completion, not some progression been made, we've beeen hearing progress being made for 9 months...... that unfortunately doesn't warrant me paying nearly £400 and I think others will feel the same. Fair play to those who keep going, considering Southend are the worse run club in the country that's dedication. If the takeover happens I will want to come back and support Southend.
Well you might want to change you name then you plonker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back