• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically, IF the consortium pull out tomorrow as their demands haven’t been met, we will still be in existence, but very much on life support.

Things won’t be rosy, but it isn’t necessarily the end of the Club.
I am sorry, but who in their right mind would come in to save us now, after all the madness with that rotten family and a ridiculous amount of debt/wages to pay?.

If they pull out we are absolutely ****ed, so lets stop trying to polish a **** with this one.

I am sorry, but who in their right mind would come in to save us now, after all the madness with that rotten family and a ridiculous amount of debt/wages to pay?.

If they pull out we are absolutely ****ed, so lets stop trying to polish a **** with this one.

Spot on Paulie if the consortium walk, we are toast. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but make no mistakes our life support machine would have been switched off, the family would have been told to assemble for their final goodbyes & we’d essentially be waiting for the inevitable.

I agree, but tomorrow isn’t the end, and won’t be a massive celebration either if the consortium have their assurances either.

We won’t have been taken over, we will still be under RM’s control.

Tomorrow isn’t the end, one way or another unfortunately or thankfully depending on which way you look at things.

I still struggle to understand how Tom Lawrence remains an active Non Exec Director of PG site services according to the Govt website

Ive never heard of a club CEO aligning with a Company to wind the club up.

The position is not tenable surely in any circumstance ? Have the Trust enquired about this?

I still struggle to understand how Tom Lawrence remains an active Non Exec Director of PG site services according to the Govt website

Ive never heard of a club CEO aligning with a Company to wind the club up.

The position is not tenable surely in any circumstance ? Have the Trust enquired about this?
He's also a member of the consortium

Gary lockett as well, both existing board member and consortium member. A few potential conflicts of interests that need to be managed

Apologies if this is a case of mistaken identity, are you able to shed some light on kit designs?
Nothing to do with me this year.

We shared some really good designs for next season.

Better, than last season. That's all we heard.

Have to wait and See.

I've have noticed that Gillingham have been promoted with Macron in the terms of bespoke. Hope it's the same with us.

The problem is, who in their right mind would purchase a season card when Ron will still most likely be in charge (have the club in his name), we can't make any signings and we don't know if we will have a club?

Like COSU, fans will need a lot of assurances before we part with our money. No one can blame us either.
Everyone will be in a different position on affordability but we are keen for the consortium to risk serious sums of their own money and therefore for those that can afford to cope with the loss if things don’t work out I think it’s only reasonable for us to buy them to help the club.

Time to have your fingers at the ready for the purchase of season tickets. Keep a few quid spare for the celebration beers.
We're doomed.
We're saved.

Repeat x 10000

Fire up the phoenix thread, nope lock it down.
Itk says The consortium are definitely walking away this week.
A different Itk says the consortium are staying.

95%
Weeks not months,
Crate,

wallop
unwallop

it's Grand being a southend fan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back