• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to enjoy the run up to the euros and cricket WC.. but I can feel myself getting nervous as this week rolls on.. **** Ron
This is exactly what we should all be doing (with transfer rumours and kit launches thrown in for good measure), not still worrying if we're going to have a club next season.

Interesting, would this be something that COSU would offer us long suffering fans?
Seems to me like the dodgy share offering here all those years ago. And a further reminder that players are paid far too much money vs the reality of the incomes clubs recieve. Football is a house of cards detached from any financial reality.

It looks like I am the only one here who feels everything will be fine and Ron Martin will be gone shortly. Am I delusional and need to see my doctor?
All I can say GW is I and I think virtually every fan on this board hopes you're right. I think we do deserve some good news. When I look back I thought Bill Rubin was a decent chairman. Frank Walton had of course captained the club so got many brownie points for that but I'm pretty hard pushed to think of anyone else who was a good custodian. Maybe Vic and I never ever thought I'd ever say that. It's all relative. Justin and the consortium seem more than decent and I hope we'll get the opportunity to see what they can do. I've got everything crossed. Delusional? Don't worry about it. Time will tell.

Just trying to enjoy the run up to the euros and cricket WC.. but I can feel myself getting nervous as this week rolls on.. **** Ron
Make the most of the run up. Doubt England will do anything at the Euros and England are struggling to finish above Scotland at the T20 World Cup. I will be at Essex Friday for their T20 game. Least they know how to win, at home at least

The only statment we all need to hear is the club has been saved .That is the only outcome i want to hear Talk is cheep the talking and back bitting needs to stop and get a final resolition to the problem IE the martin family .

I have just spent 25 minutes going through this thread and others to catchup due to being away I was away when the club went up for sale last March and here we are 18 months down the line and still waiting

Daniel Cowen is my local councillor and i have messaged him several times on a few matters and recently regarding the club and in fairness he has always tried to be as open and honest as he can and i received an email back from him yesterday regarding the club of which he informed me

1. We are doing all we can to help the club with this deal. It is incredibly complicated and has huge financial risks for the taxpayer if not done properly but I am doing my best to keep everyone informed by way of updates which can be found on the council website.

Am I the only one on here who was encouraged by the excellent summary by @Liam AAS ?

It does seem like Ron was being mischievous with his words by saying that he won't be putting any more security up. Jack owns the training ground.

Or have I missed something?
It gives a glimmer of hope that condition 3 could be met. But not sure if that's positive? Depends on how much unencumbered collateral any of the martins have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back