• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only come in here every couple of days so not up to date as you are. I’ve certainly missed the bit, as per Anna’s statement, that Justin has agreed to discharge the latest petition debt. That’s got to be great news for you guys as that will clear the WUP and presumably the embargo!! Fear is of course that other creditors want a bit of the same and raise their own WUP’s
He will if he gets security in case the takeover goes belly up

Has this been Ron's plan all along consortium are doing exactly what Sainsbury's did paid debts off for something they thought they was going to get and never actually happened. If consortium walk Ron has Roots Hall to build on aswell as Fossetts. Makes me wonder if this has been the plan from day one

Understandably after what Ron has put us through over the years he certainly can not be trusted but realty feel if the worst happens I think he will really struggle to get permission from the council to build on both sites.

Has this been Ron's plan all along consortium are doing exactly what Sainsbury's did paid debts off for something they thought they was going to get and never actually happened. If consortium walk Ron has Roots Hall to build on aswell as Fossetts. Makes me wonder if this has been the plan from day one
Some how i dont think this is correct If he thinks it will be plain saling to build on rootshall Or fossetts for thaat matter .The biggest hurdle is the plaing officer from the council may well be as stright forward as he would want it to

He is no where near able to execute a reasonably simple plan never mind an elaborate one! He's a pure chancer

Last edited:
TBH it's a pretty **** plan to own something over 20+ years, ignore numerous opportunities to go into admin/liquidation to then let the club go bust. So no I don't buy that it's been the plan since day 1

Anna Firth

toesopdrnSlu51a1lc1itf1g4a3774mh0au1flc011650ct10flm0l78h6m1 ·

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#
Please find below a short statement from myself on the current situation at Southend United:

Lots of you have been asking me on the doorstep about the current state of play regarding Southend United so I wanted to let you know that I have in no way stopped my work supporting the Club, particularly with yet another High Court winding-up hearing fast approaching. However, I am currently in the middle of a General Election campaign which means that I am restricted on what I can say and do formally as I am not at present, the Member of Parliament with the privilege of representing Southend United and their fans.

Most importantly, I remain in regular contact with all the major stakeholders and stand ready to help, just as I have over the last 2 years, in any way I can. Our football club is one of our City’s most precious assets and I am as determined as ever to see it not just survive, but thrive.

Indeed, my last official meeting as your Member of Parliament was with Daniel Cowan, the Leader of Southend City Council. A vast majority of that meeting was spent discussing the current situation at Southend United and I would like to thank him for his time.

As you will all know from the recent articles in the Echo, Justin and the consortium have reaffirmed their commitment to the club by offering to discharge the latest petition debt but understandably cannot simply continue to pay millions of pounds to support the Club without more certainty. This process is clearly taking far longer than anyone anticipated and I am sure that you would all agree with me that Justin and the whole consortium have been exceptional in their dealings with both the outgoing Chairman and the Council.

Whilst the term “Those words are banned” is becoming increasingly synonymous with delays for Southend United fans, it is a crucial that this aspect of the deal is not rushed as the Council does have a duty to all Southend tax-payers to ensure that the deal for Fossetts Farm is fiscally sound.

The fact that the Euros is probably of more interest to the nation then the General Election, underlines just how much our football club transcends the political divide in Southend. Consequently, irrespective of how frustrated we feel, I do believe we must show that we are united behind a common goal. This has been a tortuous process for all involved. I am grateful to the consortium for their understanding and urge all parties to see the compromise necessary to bring this to a successful conclusion for the club and, most importantly, the fans.
This has been a tortuous process for all involved. I think she meant torturous.... she'll be out of a job soon anyway.

This has been a tortuous process for all involved. I think she meant torturous.... she'll be out of a job soon anyway.
NOWi am confused I read that if the terms set was not met by friday they may walk away from the deal .Now in anna friths statment she said quote justin will clear the debt to stop the winding up of the club .Sp which is right pay it to save the club or walk ???

NOWi am confused I read that if the terms set was not met by friday they may walk away from the deal .Now in anna friths statment she said quote justin will clear the debt to stop the winding up of the club .Sp which is right pay it to save the club or walk ???

Well, a good point, but I think COSU need their 3 demands met before they pay the debt. Maybe they won't walk away on Saturday but they won't pay. It's a Mexican Face Off.

You give him far too much credit. He's simply an old man with below average business acumen who got way out of his depth a quarter of a century ago

Well, a good point, but I think COSU need their 3 demands met before they pay the debt. Maybe they won't walk away on Saturday but they won't pay. It's a Mexican Face Off.
The battered can is being kicked down the road to what seems a lifetime by the 🐀
COSU have now drawn a line in the sand, and I don`t blame them. Regardless of any greed from the 🐀, we all need this to conclude one way or the other. We have been going round and round, highs and lows which is not good for anybody. We have decent people ready to continue our footballing journey, however, I feel point 3 in the latest COSU statement is a problem? The 🐀 has not got a pot to p*ss in? No one will lend him any more money, and anyone doing so would be mad too. COSU won`t pay it because the takeover has not gone through? 3 days left to the deadline set by COSU, and I wonder if the 🐀 saying about emails have been sent accepting the SCC proposal of houses rather than flats, take that with a pinch of salt, is true!? Fingers crossed for a good outcome, but the clock is ticking.

So , in summary, for all our sakes, we need a definitive and final decision, whatever that may be.

The battered can is being kicked down the road to what seems a lifetime by the 🐀
COSU have now drawn a line in the sand, and I don`t blame them. Regardless of any greed from the 🐀, we all need this to conclude one way or the other. We have been going round and round, highs and lows which is not good for anybody. We have decent people ready to continue our footballing journey, however, I feel point 3 in the latest COSU statement is a problem? The 🐀 has not got a pot to p*ss in? No one will lend him any more money, and anyone doing so would be mad too. COSU won`t pay it because the takeover has not gone through? 3 days left to the deadline set by COSU, and I wonder if the 🐀 saying about emails have been sent accepting the SCC proposal of houses rather than flats, take that with a pinch of salt, is true!? Fingers crossed for a good outcome, but the clock is ticking.

So , in summary, for all our sakes, we need a definitive and final decision, whatever that may be.

Maybe someone who is on X has asked Mr Cowan if it is true? this is a critical issue and will show who, if anyone, is telling the truth. I would have thought in the interests of transparency Councillor Cowan can set the record straight immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back