• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember 7 k is top end, what happens when have mid table mediocrity and support drops, the revenue has to come via different streams, obviously a cup run or a decent transfer fee will help but that’s all ifs and buts
If it was that easy to make a profit running a football club we would have a queue of potential buyers .
Look at clubs like Salford, big names investing and still not much further up the ladder and be interested to see if breaking even

You have to remember 7 k is top end, what happens when have mid table mediocrity and support drops, the revenue has to come via different streams, obviously a cup run or a decent transfer fee will help but that’s all ifs and buts
If it was that easy to make a profit running a football club we would have a queue of potential buyers .
Look at clubs like Salford, big names investing and still not much further up the ladder and be interested to see if breaking even
My points were we have enough people going through the door each week, quality background staff and bundles of opportunity the rat missed/didn't care/have the money for to make it a profit running business.

If Rat cant/won't give the necessary assurance to COSU, When they walk he will finally put us into administration.

A painful listen, but a must do

A mainly accurate analysis of the whole sad story. Listening to that reminded me that we will require a safety certificate for the new season, not a certainty y by any means.

It seems a bit odd to me that COSU didn't get security for their loan, no wonder Ron's been happy to drag his heels. Was no security the only way Ron would agree to the sale?

If the club goes into admin there is a 12pt deduction (I think) and the administrator comes in to run the club on Ron's half with a view to selling it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back