• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny Marr's surname is Maher

"Around the age of 14, he began spelling his name "Marr" to simplify the pronunciation for those who had difficulty with his birth name "Maher", and to avoid confusion with Buzzcocks drummer John Maher."
Very cool fact. He plays at Electric Picnic in Republic of Ireland a fair bit as he has family nearby and Kev’s Southern Irish so maybe they are even related!

Anna Firth

toesopdrnSlu51a1lc1itf1g4a3774mh0au1flc011650ct10flm0l78h6m1 ·

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#
Please find below a short statement from myself on the current situation at Southend United:

Lots of you have been asking me on the doorstep about the current state of play regarding Southend United so I wanted to let you know that I have in no way stopped my work supporting the Club, particularly with yet another High Court winding-up hearing fast approaching. However, I am currently in the middle of a General Election campaign which means that I am restricted on what I can say and do formally as I am not at present, the Member of Parliament with the privilege of representing Southend United and their fans.

Most importantly, I remain in regular contact with all the major stakeholders and stand ready to help, just as I have over the last 2 years, in any way I can. Our football club is one of our City’s most precious assets and I am as determined as ever to see it not just survive, but thrive.

Indeed, my last official meeting as your Member of Parliament was with Daniel Cowan, the Leader of Southend City Council. A vast majority of that meeting was spent discussing the current situation at Southend United and I would like to thank him for his time.

As you will all know from the recent articles in the Echo, Justin and the consortium have reaffirmed their commitment to the club by offering to discharge the latest petition debt but understandably cannot simply continue to pay millions of pounds to support the Club without more certainty. This process is clearly taking far longer than anyone anticipated and I am sure that you would all agree with me that Justin and the whole consortium have been exceptional in their dealings with both the outgoing Chairman and the Council.

Whilst the term “Those words are banned” is becoming increasingly synonymous with delays for Southend United fans, it is a crucial that this aspect of the deal is not rushed as the Council does have a duty to all Southend tax-payers to ensure that the deal for Fossetts Farm is fiscally sound.

The fact that the Euros is probably of more interest to the nation then the General Election, underlines just how much our football club transcends the political divide in Southend. Consequently, irrespective of how frustrated we feel, I do believe we must show that we are united behind a common goal. This has been a tortuous process for all involved. I am grateful to the consortium for their understanding and urge all parties to see the compromise necessary to bring this to a successful conclusion for the club and, most importantly, the fans.

Anna Firth

Please find below a short statement from myself on the current situation at Southend United:

Lots of you have been asking me on the doorstep about the current state of play regarding Southend United so I wanted to let you know that I have in no way stopped my work supporting the Club, particularly with yet another High Court winding-up hearing fast approaching. However, I am currently in the middle of a General Election campaign which means that I am restricted on what I can say and do formally as I am not at present, the Member of Parliament with the privilege of representing Southend United and their fans.

Most importantly, I remain in regular contact with all the major stakeholders and stand ready to help, just as I have over the last 2 years, in any way I can. Our football club is one of our City’s most precious assets and I am as determined as ever to see it not just survive, but thrive.

Indeed, my last official meeting as your Member of Parliament was with Daniel Cowan, the Leader of Southend City Council. A vast majority of that meeting was spent discussing the current situation at Southend United and I would like to thank him for his time.

As you will all know from the recent articles in the Echo, Justin and the consortium have reaffirmed their commitment to the club by offering to discharge the latest petition debt but understandably cannot simply continue to pay millions of pounds to support the Club without more certainty. This process is clearly taking far longer than anyone anticipated and I am sure that you would all agree with me that Justin and the whole consortium have been exceptional in their dealings with both the outgoing Chairman and the Council.

Whilst the term “Those words are banned” is becoming increasingly synonymous with delays for Southend United fans, it is a crucial that this aspect of the deal is not rushed as the Council does have a duty to all Southend tax-payers to ensure that the deal for Fossetts Farm is fiscally sound.

The fact that the Euros is probably of more interest to the nation then the General Election, underlines just how much our football club transcends the political divide in Southend. Consequently, irrespective of how frustrated we feel, I do believe we must show that we are united behind a common goal. This has been a tortuous process for all involved. I am grateful to the consortium for their understanding and urge all parties to see the compromise necessary to bring this to a successful conclusion for the club and, most importantly, the fans.
Me, me , me, we had a very good 20 minute chat on my doorstep and Southend Utd was the main and only conversation item from my point of view. We swerved anything else political, but I did ask that our current PM gets some longer trousers than his current ones.

Me, me , me, we had a very good 20 minute chat on my doorstep and Southend Utd was the main and only conversation item from my point of view. We swerved anything else political, but I did ask that our current PM gets some longer trousers than his current ones.
Rishi is just fine in childs clothing. Saves him a fortune in VAT. If he purchased trousers a 32S would have to be taken up.

1718039167501.png

He's very conscious of his height which is why the next photo of him with the famous Red Box had a bit of photo trickery within it.

1718039346365.png

However I digress. Great update from @Liam AAS via his twitter and good to see that even though an election has been called Anna Firth is still very much involved. I daresay she provably enjoys talking about the club as its probably slighter easier talk about than government policies or manifesto promises. Especially as the blame mostly lays at the feet of one man.

Anna Firth

Blah blah blah, but when will she call out Martin and the Rat Family. Honestly makes me mad they never and will never make a statement that places the blame on him.
Single handedly destroying our club.

MP's are all the same, will never answer the question being asked or what everyone wants answered.

Anna, if you are on the Zone, please answer this - What do you really think of Ron Martin?

1718039346365-png.32247
Why's he staring like that? Creepy.

Getting back to Anna Firth's statement she seems worried that both parties might have boxed themselves in with their statements hence her feeling some compromise is needed. Of course usually these sort of negotiations are behind closed doors and the usual position taking does not lead to shareholder anxiety as they aren't party to the minutiae. Hopefully we don't have a stand off where neither party give an inch.

I only come in here every couple of days so not up to date as you are. I’ve certainly missed the bit, as per Anna’s statement, that Justin has agreed to discharge the latest petition debt. That’s got to be great news for you guys as that will clear the WUP and presumably the embargo!! Fear is of course that other creditors want a bit of the same and raise their own WUP’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back