• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumped into Andy Edward's and we had a great chat about his time with us and was totally amazed how this club is struggling and was dumbfounded to learn of the current status we are all facing.

I'm confused. How did COSU come up with £3.5 million?
Don't get me wrong - am very pleased they are involved and prey they takeover. It just seems a very high figure for 6 months involvement.
I can understand if that includes a commitment on the historic debt, but most of that hasn't been paid, yet. As far as I am aware, anyway.
Can't see that they have physically paid out 3.5 million.
they payed HMRC UP Suported al the player and staff wages for some months Also payed to get the new training ground back up to scratch So i guess that is where most of the money has been used .

Bumped into Andy Edward's and we had a great chat about his time with us and was totally amazed how this club is struggling and was dumbfounded to learn of the current status we are all facing.
l’m amazed anyone with any Southend connection, let alone a former player isn’t aware of our current and ongoing plight. Has he been living under a rock since retiring!?

l’m amazed anyone with any Southend connection, let alone a former player isn’t aware of our current and ongoing plight. Has he been living under a rock since retiring!?
When he played for us his son used to read SZ. His son would I guess be in his thirties now 😂

He attended the 'audience with Spud Taylor ' evening in Feb, so must have known about the situation, as many fans and ex players there were talking about it that evening.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself correctly he was aware that the transfer of ownership hasn't been completed but didn't know the full ins and outs but does now.He was at the Orient when they had their problems so asking me for some update as to our situation.So no he wasn't under any Rock

Has anyone done the maths of the deal for COSU, in terms of the 3.5 mill already paid, all the creditors that will need paying off etc etc vs what they are getting in terms of land and the value of the stadium etc?

Or in otherwords, what its actually costing them to buy it all and own vs the £1 sale price.

Yes they will be inheriting a loss making business, but in terms of assets gained is it still a good deal financially, vs just walking away?

Has anyone done the maths of the deal for COSU, in terms of the 3.5 mill already paid, all the creditors that will need paying off etc etc vs what they are getting in terms of land and the value of the stadium etc?

Or in otherwords, what its actually costing them to buy it all and own vs the £1 sale price.

Yes they will be inheriting a loss making business, but in terms of assets gained is it still a good deal financially, vs just walking away?
The land, once they own it would be worth more than they have paid out but they would need to move the stadium to get the full value out of it.

I am now going to show my ignorance over the proposed deal. Can someone explain exactly what Ron Martin/ SCC will gain or lose in this deal,
If the deal goes through, he and his family will get a big payoff, through land and rented houses, which I assume will be in his name. Out of that financial deal he will have to pay back all the loans (I think). Also he will have to pay COSU 20 million pounds (in £100 instalments each month, I have no doubt). Once the contract is signed he sails off into the sunset. The Council will get the land to built on and eventually able to rent out. (This will take a fair while to come to fruition)
However if the deal falls through we loses our club and possibly Roots Hall. If that was to happen, what is the result regarding Ron Martin and family? Will he come out smelling of roses or not. Will there be repercussions legally or otherwise. Will he pay back half the costs of any failed deal? I would have my doubts. There appears to be so many loose ends in both options that idiots like me get so confused very easily.
Will the Council get their hands on the FF land and RH, in order to built houses, regardless of the result?

Its only a loss making business right now due to the utter buffoonery and greed of the rat but there is absolutely no reason why the COSU cannot turn a club with an average of 7k in attendance in 5th tier into a profit making business.

A big part of that will also be John Still, who is second to none when it comes to spotting young talent for us to bring in and sell for a large profit 2-3 years down the line.

That rat **** has just used us.

I am now going to show my ignorance over the proposed deal. Can someone explain exactly what Ron Martin/ SCC will gain or lose in this deal,
If the deal goes through, he and his family will get a big payoff, through land and rented houses, which I assume will be in his name. Out of that financial deal he will have to pay back all the loans (I think). Also he will have to pay COSU 20 million pounds (in £100 instalments each month, I have no doubt). Once the contract is signed he sails off into the sunset. The Council will get the land to built on and eventually able to rent out. (This will take a fair while to come to fruition)
However if the deal falls through we loses our club and possibly Roots Hall. If that was to happen, what is the result regarding Ron Martin and family? Will he come out smelling of roses or not. Will there be repercussions legally or otherwise. Will he pay back half the costs of any failed deal? I would have my doubts. There appears to be so many loose ends in both options that idiots like me get so confused very easily.
Will the Council get their hands on the FF land and RH, in order to built houses, regardless of the result?

Ron seems to get nothing, he doesn't own anything, he's transferred all his assets to his wife and sons.

The council doesn't get any land. They are leasing properties at FF, which they will then rent out to tenants. After X years they will own the properties.

If the deal falls apart, the current Martin linked companies will still own FF and RH and will likely continue to build properties on them, either with the council leasing them or some other financial partner. Or they sell the land to another developer.

Ron seems to get nothing, he doesn't own anything, he's transferred all his assets to his wife and sons.

The council doesn't get any land. They are leasing properties at FF, which they will then rent out to tenants. After X years they will own the properties.

If the deal falls apart, the current Martin linked companies will still own FF and RH and will likely continue to build properties on them, either with the council leasing them or some other financial partner. Or they sell the land to another developer.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back