• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we assume at this point that no news is good news so far that usually bad news comes out very quickly?

Hopefully (yes it is being very hopeful) they are getting things sorted so they can come out and say this is what is done and this is what has started and we will have a final decision on x date. FYI of course this is massively unlikely with Ron and SCC involved but they may one day suprise us

Can we assume at this point that no news is good news so far that usually bad news comes out very quickly?

Hopefully (yes it is being very hopeful) they are getting things sorted so they can come out and say this is what is done and this is what has started and we will have a final decision on x date. FYI of course this is massively unlikely with Ron and SCC involved but they may one day suprise us
No-one knows do they, just Groundhog Day - endless speculation- and the way of the world is, as with newspapers, bad news "sells" good news doesn't. So you may be right.

If the outstanding DD to report back is no worse than the first two then logically we are left with important issues to resolve/negotiate but no showstoppers. It then becomes down to Ron & SCC to accelerate that process to clear the issues. If they were really focussed and driven to do so, then why wouldn't they set themselves the target of end of next week to clear the remaining hurdles. This is the sort of thing that happens in the real world, and the hours and resources necessary to achieve it would be invested.. But we have a council and Ron, and I'm not convinced either lives in a world where deadlines have meaning...

Anyway tomorrow we are owed updates from both SCC and Justin.

Deadlines don't have to be made public - imho often they're better not being public.

On the no news is good news - I'd sort of go along with that in that if the deal had fallen apart and talks ended then that would be news. The fact there is no news I'd take as meaning talks are ongoing - which isn't the best news but is better than no talks. No news is ok'ish just doesn't have a ring about it though.

Deadlines don't have to be made public - imho often they're better not being public.

On the no news is good news - I'd sort of go along with that in that if the deal had fallen apart and talks ended then that would be news. The fact there is no news I'd take as meaning talks are ongoing - which isn't the best news but is better than no talks. No news is ok'ish just doesn't have a ring about it though.
On the second point I agree in that in terms of expectation setting you would want the idea we have major issues to address out there.

On the first point I agree, But my point is less about them being set, and more about them being taken seriously - and the flip side is if there is no target shared then it even easier to keep moving it.

Back to my story when I had a US factory
The schedule would show repeatedly shipment 7th July and On Time
Suddenly the schedule would show 10th Sept and On Time
They wouldn't put Late on the report because they said the date of shipment had changed, and it was On Time according to that new date.

I fear that Ron/SCC world...

I understand the concerns as it has been ongoing for years,however that is why Priory Crescent was widened with this in mind to ease the flow. Just to confirm I don't think that this solves it but the point would be the roads are gridlocked because of poor infrastructure anyway imo.

In addition,did these campaigners say there piece about the homes that are already being built at the back of B and Q or is it just because of the SUFC influence?

You do wonder if anything will ever get built on that site. It's not like these discussions/concerns have just popped up now. They've been kicked around for years. Football stadium or no football stadium it's a huge development with the potential to cause chaos on local roads and put pressure on infrastructure. Shame the whole Sainsbury's thing didn't work out back in what was it, 2010? What a total farce that all was.

Transport has been covered in all the previous plans and reports. Extra housing is not going to make much of an impact given the size of the original housing. The roundabout at Sutton Road will be widened if I remember correctly by the developer. There will be a small loss of land at the corner of Victory Sports ground and Jones's Memorial Ground and the Jones Trust compensated. It won't affect any of the pitches.

Transport has been covered in all the previous plans and reports. Extra housing is not going to make much of an impact given the size of the original housing. The roundabout at Sutton Road will be widened if I remember correctly by the developer. There will be a small loss of land at the corner of Victory Sports ground and Jones's Memorial Ground and the Jones Trust compensated. It won't affect any of the pitches.
That WAS the intention in addition to shuttle busses etc too. I agree that was what was passed.

However, with no stadium and no match day traffic I wonder how much of an onus would now be on the developers to improve the flow of traffic as they will now not be dealing with potentially 22000 (original plans passed) on a fortnightly basis?

Could it be a non-negotiable.

So many cans of worms opened with this.

There's no perfect solution if you want housing. The pinch points are always shown up during the rush hour. Outside of this traffic flows pretty well even in Southend. When I worked I used to drive all over Essex. During certain hours of the night even the M25 was pretty deserted. During other hours pandemonium.

You do wonder if anything will ever get built on that site. It's not like these discussions/concerns have just popped up now. They've been kicked around for years. Football stadium or no football stadium it's a huge development with the potential to cause chaos on local roads and put pressure on infrastructure. Shame the whole Sainsbury's thing didn't work out back in what was it, 2010? What a total farce that all was.
Shocking to think how much free cash flow Ron Martin has gained from the likes of Sainsbury’s, British Land and now JR & consortium over the years. A pursuit of riches built on luck & dark arts. He’s up to his neck in it, leveraged everything available from every source. The creditor list must be some length. We may never know the full extent. All such a depressing situation, part of me wants to blame the council but they are doing their jobs, not perfect by a long stretch but with good intent on the most part. Look past the deflection tactics, all down to the Rat 🐀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back