• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand this bit. What’s the motivation for CRBE to take the charge off Roots Hall short of it being paid off ? Any ideas ?
I don't think the charge comes off straight away, COSU are only leasing RH until full planning permission is given for new FF. But I think the point was that whilst CBRE are 'owed' money as far as we're aware the mortgage is not due and they're not someone that Ron has knocked (yet)

So given the last thing is DD now. COSU think it’s moving too slowly (rightly so). I wonder if we are at something like a deadline for the first 2 phases to be agreed between RM and the council - or they walk and the whole thing collapses, as does RM? Obviously we need decent enough news in DD phase 3.

THE former leader of Southend Council has been accused of “keeping vital details secret” as a war of words breaks out over the deal for 1,300 homes at Fossetts Farms.
Worried Blues fans fear the deal over the homes, which will allow the club’s sale from Ron Martin to a consortium led by Justin Rees, is facing further delays after a statement from leader Daniel Cowan on Thursday.
Now, Mr Cowan has claimed the new Labour-led administration has been “disadvantaged” by former Tory council leader Tony Cox

Mr Cox has insisted there were “no red flags” during the Those words are banned process over the homes deal while he was leader of the council.
Mr Cowan said: “It is sad that councillor Cox is seeking to politicise the issue and sow discord with the supporters who are already anxious enough.
“We have inherited this deal, completely unamended from his time in office, and any outcome from the Those words are banned would be based entirely on the deal he personally negotiated and progressed during his time.

“This administration has been disadvantaged by the previous leader who kept vital information secret from fellow councillors, but we have worked hard to get across the detail in a short space.

“We have committed to being transparent and our three updates in our first 11 days of office demonstrates this.
“We will continue to be open, as promised.”
Southend Council met with Citizen Housing - fronted by Jack Martin, son of Ron Martin - and financial advisors on Thursday to progress the deal for 1,300 Fossetts Farm homes. Another meeting is set to take place tomorrow and the consortium has said it will not be issuing any statement until after the next update.
Mr Cox said: “The statement on Thursday wasn’t a statement. I thought it was bizarre. I appreciate there is a balancing act but that said nothing. It just creates more confusion. It seemed to suggest to me that all things weren’t quite right.

“It was shambolic and confusing. Before I left office, there weren’t no red flags, and there weren’t expected be any red flags. I am not saying there weren’t going to be discussions points as there always is with Those words are banned.
“If there are any red flags, they would have only come from the administration.”

I doubt the previous and current administration arguing over potential red flags helps our case in the WUP and just winds up the consortium even more!
The only good thing is this was totally expected as it was known the new administration weren't as favourable to all this as the previous one.
Hopefully, it will be resolved by the new administration claiming to have ironed out all the allegedly undisclosed issues and claiming to have saved the deal for their own beneficial publicity.
as long as it's done quickly and in time, I don't care who gets the credit at SCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back