• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this first Tara, then the electrical company then PG site services and now the consortium , from Ron handing brown envelopes to the hired grounds man to tidy the training ground before the plane from Amsterdam lands to patsy investors… I’ve said it all along this club is not for sale. And for the majority of the time been lambasted and mocked because it didn’t fall in line with boy wonder and London shrimper … we have limped into the next phase of Martins manipulation getting further planning for futher homes … all whilst his club is funded by another …
The blokes a ponce

Chelmsford City have announced a takeover which involves two business guys who are also fans of the club. They have bought out owner John Holmes who if anyone is aware of his background is a replica of the Martins. Dodgy deals, trail of debts etc. Good luck to CCFC. Let's hope that we have similar good news soon, hope being the word rather than probability.
Spencer wanted to buy us..

There is a path here where the bits of DD are back, clean, issues amended and that’s enough for the agreement to be made and CBRE lift the charges. That could happen at the end of next week. Sod it why not
Unfortunately I can’t see a DD investigating the club and Martins complex weave of finances and responsibilities, coming back anywhere close to clean. I think there will be a lot of clarification and resubmissions needed to get to the end game

I said a long time ago that with little to no progress being made then Stewarts could be acting "on behalf of the consortium" to get things moving - complete speculation on my part and just me scratching my head of course but these sort of tactics are not unknown, are they?

I have no evidence to support this but things have certainly started to move & the winding up petition seems to have concentrated the minds of certain parties.
Nah - the WUP was filed end of Jan or early Feb I think.

It's a good job the DD is on FF housing development then.
You’re right, I am an outsider so not right in to the detail as you guys. But surely with Ron being the biggest benefactor of FF then a large bit of DD must be looking into his business history and suitability as a major business partner in all this.
As an outsider I just want the Essex derby back and fellow lower league footy fans to still have a club to follow

You’re right, I am an outsider so not right in to the detail as you guys. But surely with Ron being the biggest benefactor of FF then a large bit of DD must be looking into his business history and suitability as a major business partner in all this.
As an outsider I just want the Essex derby back and fellow lower league footy fans to still have a club to follow
Well it appears from all quarters that you’re in the wrong place for that squire. Make the most of the final month.

Exactly this first Tara, then the electrical company then PG site services and now the consortium , from Ron handing brown envelopes to the hired grounds man to tidy the training ground before the plane from Amsterdam lands to patsy investors… I’ve said it all along this club is not for sale. And for the majority of the time been lambasted and mocked because it didn’t fall in line with boy wonder and London shrimper … we have limped into the next phase of Martins manipulation getting further planning for futher homes … all whilst his club is funded by another …
I make you mostly right,, This isn't business, this is outright fraud on others.

He takes peoples money, services and goods from others with no intention of paying them.

I think @Napster and i agreed years ago he has run a Ponzi scheme since he bought the club.

Last edited:
Legally he probably isn't a benefactor at all - his sons and wife appear to own the entities involved along with some other third parties.

The council has already signed contracts with these entities a couple of years ago on the original scheme. So there was nothing that came up in that DD to stop that. I think this will come down to (a) do the numbers stack up and possibly (B) is the lack of affordable housing ok (the previous council have already agreed that but it's possible new council take another look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back