• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

Was Ron still funding the club, albeit insufficiently with the WUP? Players went unpaid after preseason didn't they? And i have a vague memory we were asked for a bond?
I don’t think we were asked for a bond? Yes, he had totally proved an inability to fund the club, pay the players, the staff, over the prior season- then produced accounts to demonstrate how much he would need for the following season, that he patently didn’t have, and actually then didn’t have.

Thing is I suspect the NL committee, comprising as it does our promotion revivals, want and wanted us sanctioned with points penalties to assist themselves, but not kick out the league because they want the money we bring through their turnstiles…

Which is why it would be madness to test them on this bond payment…

I don’t think we were asked for a bond? Yes, he had totally proved an inability to fund the club, pay the players, the staff, over the prior season- then produced accounts to demonstrate how much he would need for the following season, that he patently didn’t have, and actually then didn’t have.

Thing is I suspect the NL committee, comprising as it does our promotion revivals, want and wanted us sanctioned with points penalties to assist themselves, but not kick out the league because they want the money we bring through their turnstiles…

Which is why it would be madness to test them on this bond payment…
Could well be right on the motivations of the committee.

I'd still maintain the difference is this year we've had a public statement from funders putting doubt on their commitment for the season ahead. Ron last season was still saying he'll get the cash from somewhere.

Can I just say, Lydia Hyde is a gem of a politician. She definitely knows where the back of the net is when it comes to putting pressure on.

The only way to deal with Ron is real consequences. COSU need to put a take it or leave it deal to him and walk out the room and every hour he takes the deal becomes less favourable to him financially ie he's time wasting at his own expense.

Seems like the National League are trying to give themselves a pay day by hoping the bond is paid and is sitting in their account earning interest until the team go out of business or sold, the sort of thing that is right out of Sepp Blatter's book of getting back handers?

Rather than speculating what is going to happen why dont we all just wait and see what happens over the weekend or Monday. The fact CP is taking his laptop on his fundraiser tomorrow suggests he thinks something could possibly happen and numerous others have said Monday. At this stage everything suggests it will be completed shortly plus I doubt admin is even an option when there is nothing for the administrators to work with if it does go tits up.

Enjoy the weekend before the boring England game brings you crashing back down to earth anyway

Rather than speculating what is going to happen why dont we all just wait and see what happens over the weekend or Monday. The fact CP is taking his laptop on his fundraiser tomorrow suggests he thinks something could possibly happen and numerous others have said Monday. At this stage everything suggests it will be completed shortly plus I doubt admin is even an option when there is nothing for the administrators to work with if it does go tits up.

Enjoy the weekend before the boring England game brings you crashing back down to earth anyway
0-0 100%

Sadly im feeling very defated IVE had one heart break one week ago
And i hoped for some good news to lift my sprits only for them to be dash again The love of my family is = to the love of my club I lost the last member of my family I really need some good news to chear me up Mr Martin please dont take away my boy hood club

Back