• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

Sadly im feeling very defated IVE had one heart break one week ago
And i hoped for some good news to lift my sprits only for them to be dash again The love of my family is = to the love of my club I lost the last member of my family I really need some good news to chear me up Mr Martin please dont take away my boy hood club
He doesn’t listen Tommy, he doesn’t care. Feel for you and all. All we can hope for is financially, it makes sense eventually to sign. Otherwise we all f***ed.

Rather than speculating what is going to happen why dont we all just wait and see what happens over the weekend or Monday. The fact CP is taking his laptop on his fundraiser tomorrow suggests he thinks something could possibly happen and numerous others have said Monday. At this stage everything suggests it will be completed shortly plus I doubt admin is even an option when there is nothing for the administrators to work with if it does go tits up.

Enjoy the weekend before the boring England game brings you crashing back down to earth anyway
Amazing how all those talented Premiership players always look like Sunday League players wearing Teflon coated boots when they pull on an England shirt.
I'm going 1-0 after 5 minutes with England players parking the bus for the entire game with the shooting ability of a Subbuteo player.

Rather than speculating what is going to happen why dont we all just wait and see what happens over the weekend or Monday. The fact CP is taking his laptop on his fundraiser tomorrow suggests he thinks something could possibly happen and numerous others have said Monday. At this stage everything suggests it will be completed shortly plus I doubt admin is even an option when there is nothing for the administrators to work with if it does go tits up.

Enjoy the weekend before the boring England game brings you crashing back down to earth anyway
Exactly this.

Agree with this to an extent. Discussions continue tomorrow. As I keep saying - as long as discussions continue, there will always be a chance.

We're closer than we've ever been, but at the same time, so close to disaster. That has pretty much always been the case throughout this entire episode, but it's an even more marked margin between success and failure when the clock is running down and we're so close to the buzzer.

But he has loaded intercompany charges onto the club ( March 2023) just before announcing the sale, presumably to get first in the queue if he puts the club into administration. The act of an asset stripper and shyster!
That was I think as a just in case- since then he has a deal with SCC that falls apart if he doesn’t go ahead with COSU. It will cost him way way way more to not do the deal with COSU than do it, even if he loses his favourite leverage- he is just a spectacular arse of the highest order, and so is making it as painful as possible…it too shall pass..

Last edited:
That was I think as a just in case- since then he has a deal with SCC that falls apart if he doesn’t go ahead with COSU. It will cost him way way way more to not do the deal with COSU than do it, even he loses his favourite leverage- he is just a spectacular arse of the highest order, and so is making it as painful as possible…it to shall pass..
Be nice if we could sue him for pain and suffering .

Ron Martin sell the club you total greedy narcissistic arsenal.. I don't condone this in any way but if this collapses due to your greed and child like need to have control sleep with one ****in eye open

Ron Martin sell the club you total greedy narcissistic arsenal.. I don't condone this in any way but if this collapses due to your greed and child like need to have control sleep with one ****in eye open
The other way of looking at it is because of his greed and desperation to “win” he can’t afford for COSU to walk away. He will probably be loving and hating this at the same time..

But if COSU and the council walk, then he'd potentially be facing financial ruin - there's no guarantee that he'd be able to offload the land when there would be no active planning permission granted.

It just doesn't seem that he has any kind of risk assessment . . .
Yes. The land is worth much less than £45m without planning permission and potential green belt status.

I love how most who claim to know what's going on actually know sod all and just like pot stirring.

Those that know have played their cards close and have been been called liars more than once but have been proven correct 9 times out of 10.

Let's see what the weekend brings (more pot stirring no doubt 🤣)

Back