• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

The Carolina Reaper chilli seeds I have just ordered from the US

Hottest in the world....

I've had the ghost chillies when they were the hottest, not heard of this one look forward to hearing your thoughts. The wife bought some extra extra hot nandos sauce and it was far from hot at all, but quite a nice taste.

awesome. I used to grow chillis but haven't for a while. Let us know how you get on, they look ****ing nasty!

Is it hard to do? I've always wanted to grow scotch bonnets as a friends mum used to grow them and they were always impressively hot.

Mrs RHB has just arrived back from Tesco with a box of krispy kreme assorted doughnuts, I'm a seriously happy old chap.:thumbsup:

Is it hard to do? I've always wanted to grow scotch bonnets as a friends mum used to grow them and they were always impressively hot.

dead easy. if you've got a sunny windowsill you'll be fine. A propagator will help but isn't essential.

Uber has arrived in Sheffield. It's great. Only used it once before in London but it's better and cheaper than the other local cab firms. Apparently all the drivers are moving over

I'm no fan of the black cab drivers ( Boris isn't the only one who gets certain signs and suggestions chucked at him) but Uber is killing the taxi trade in London and it will do the same in Sheffield and every other city it infects. It's idiots who barely speak English and rely on Sat Nav (and still attempt to right turn into No Entry streets) who are causing absolute murders in London and are nothing but a menace to other road users.

Uber was absolutely crucified on Watchdog last night. There are plenty of good, honest cab drivers out there, Uber is screwing them over royally.

I'd never used Uber until earlier this year, but now I use it all the time and can't remember the last time I flagged a black cab. Never had a problem with them, and my journeys can be half the price they would be in a black cab. It's the same in any industry where the status quo has remained unchallenged for years, as soon as a disruptive competitor enters the mix the incumbent cries foul.

I'm no fan of the black cab drivers ( Boris isn't the only one who gets certain signs and suggestions chucked at him) but Uber is killing the taxi trade in London and it will do the same in Sheffield and every other city it infects. It's idiots who barely speak English and rely on Sat Nav (and still attempt to right turn into No Entry streets) who are causing absolute murders in London and are nothing but a menace to other road users.

Not used Uber yet but it's popular here in Barna (not with cab drivers obviously).Fares to the airport from SC at 50/60 euros are a rip off.

So be it, it's survival of the fittest. Uber are currently offering a better product and the taxis need to up their game or get out. What about a 'black cab London' app or something, to try and compete?

I would estimate I've taken 10-15 Ubers in London (I guess not that many), but have no complaints at all.

So be it, it's survival of the fittest. Uber are currently offering a better product and the taxis need to up their game or get out. What about a 'black cab London' app or something, to try and compete?

I would estimate I've taken 10-15 Ubers in London (I guess not that many), but have no complaints at all.
Uber avoid paying their taxes I believe - which gives them an unfair advantage over their rivals.

Uber avoid paying their taxes I believe - which gives them an unfair advantage over their rivals.

Can't say I've looked at the issue too much, but the main complaint I've been told is that the Black Cabs dispute that using a mobile's GPS/Map function to calculate fares is an equivalent of using a meter, which only they're licensed to do in London. So they're complaining that someone's had the audacity to infringe upon an effective monopoly.

Back