• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Hey, it's all about the moules et frite. And the beer, always the beer.

Lots of brasseries (bars that brew their own beers). Lille FC as well (4th in League Un!). The Eurostar station is right in the middle if the city so easy to get to. Avoid the hotel called the (honestly!) Coq Hardi. If a hostel is your thang, the Gastama is one of the best, so is the bar attached and the Jackhammer beer.

This nearly ended up in hacking me off. I was sat waiting until 10am for tickets to go on sale for Ricky Gervais Humanity tour. Got on at about 1003 and all of them had gone. I was gutted as it is in Oxford and on my birthday.

Got home from town saw a status about the ticket sales in Oxford. Clicked on the link got on and got tickets! Well pleased last tour of his I saw was his Politics tour. Fame is also one of my favourite stand up shows to watch! I always put it on when I'm doing the ironing as back ground noise and it has me in stitches.

Managed to finally get a villa in a decent area of Spain that's a good price, near the sea and with a pool for MK Jnr. The only downside is having TUIB as my next door neighbour :winking:

Near Malaga. Looked at Galicia and Asturias but couldn't find any decent seaside villas, but it looks like we'll be away from the "Brits abroad".

Ha! Malaga's nowhere near me.Not that sure you'll be "away from the Brits.abroad" either, since that's where most Brits. live/go on holiday. Nice part of the world though and much more sunshine than in Galicia and Asturias.

Ha! Malaga's nowhere near me.Not that sure you'll be "away from the Brits.abroad" either, since that's where most Brits. live/go on holiday. Nice part of the world though and much more sunshine than in Galicia and Asturias.

Just like to avoid the bars & clubs culture and high rise hotels in places like Benidorm or Alicante. Been there, done that. No thanks.

Malaga itself looks nice - has a Picasso museum which I shall be popping over to. Bit of culture. :thumbsup:

Just like to avoid the bars & clubs culture and high rise hotels in places like Benidorm or Alicante. Been there, done that. No thanks.

Malaga itself looks nice - has a Picasso museum which I shall be popping over to. Bit of culture. :thumbsup:

Indeed.The Picasso museum is the new kid on the block since we were last down that way to visit friends there in the 90's.(They've since moved to Britanny).3 or 4 new museums now down in Malaga ,which has attempted to re-invent itself as a regional cultural capital.

Dunno,if you're into serious walking? If you are check out Charles Davis's Walk! Andalucia.

(If you haven't done so already) do yourself a favour and read Chris Stewart's excellent Driving Over Lemons.Great poolside read and gives a real taste of rural Andalucia.

Dunno,if you're into serious walking? If you are check out Charles Davis's Walk! Andalucia.

(If you haven't done so already) do yourself a favour and read Chris Stewart's excellent Driving Over Lemons.Great poolside read and gives a real taste of rural Andalucia.

I read that. Quite funny in parts.

I have read that, but some 16/17 years ago (while I was travelling) and hence I've forgotten it!

Back