• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

We went to a very muddy wood today for some fresh air and the amount of numpties I saw in inadequate foot ware (including a grandma in moccasins) made me laff.

5% pay rise
5 extra days holiday
Youngest daughters birthday - took her to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and got some of the stars to sign it
On the same day, she was also part of an impromptu magic show in Covent Garden
My wife's business is going from strength to strength (now 2 staff and a possible huge contract)

Playing a certain Sex Pistols song to MK Jnr and she said "wow, what a cool song" and bopped along for a bit....and no it wasn't "Bodies"

Playing a certain Sex Pistols song to MK Jnr and she said "wow, what a cool song" and bopped along for a bit....and no it wasn't "Bodies"

My daughter says my music is rubbish! Yet she is the one who listens to One Direction and Olly Murs. How can she call Def Leppard rubbish when she listens to that crap.

My daughter says my music is rubbish! Yet she is the one who listens to One Direction and Olly Murs. How can she call Def Leppard rubbish when she listens to that crap.
My 11 year old daughter said to me the other day, "Daddy, why do you only listen to boring music by dead people?"!

Haha, she's a daddy's girl and sings along to Hey Jude, Yellow Submarine and Mercedes Benz (Janis Joplin) 'cos they're the the songs I sing to her at bedtime. Only 6Music is allowed on in the house!

No doubt when she gets older she'll listen to the teeny bands aimed at her, and good luck to her. It's not for old gits like us and I wouldn't dream of not letting her have her first boyband crush as it's all part of growing up.

She has a point.....:whistling:

Lots of music snobs about today I see. Our house is always full of music and it's up to the individual as to what makes them happy - for the Mrs it's classical, the eldest daughter Bieber/Kanye and the youngest Little Mix (but she is taking cues from her sister). Any attempts by me to educate my eldest on older hiphop fall on deaf ears, so every now and then I put some on spotify in the background.

Lots of music snobs about today I see. Our house is always full of music and it's up to the individual as to what makes them happy - for the Mrs it's classical, the eldest daughter Bieber/Kanye and the youngest Little Mix (but she is taking cues from her sister). Any attempts by me to educate my eldest on older hiphop fall on deaf ears, so every now and then I put some on spotify in the background.

The funny thing is that my boys will make me listen to Neil Diamond when they're in the car with me. As much as I like a bit of Neil Diamond I would rather listen to one of the other about 100 albums I have in the car (which range from Guns n Roses to Ludovico Einaudi to Carl Orff). They will, at a push, listen to a bit of Amy MacDonald though.

When they're not with me I get to listen to what I want, it's bliss!

The funny thing is that my boys will make me listen to Neil Diamond when they're in the car with me. As much as I like a bit of Neil Diamond I would rather listen to one of the other about 100 albums I have in the car (which range from Guns n Roses to Ludovico Einaudi to Carl Orff). They will, at a push, listen to a bit of Amy MacDonald though.

When they're not with me I get to listen to what I want, it's bliss!

If we're on a car journey and we're all in the car, it's radio 2 or Heart. If it's just me, it's invariably Five Live or a Stones CD which is in the tray.

Sitting in rotten traffic, in a bit of a grump, near the North Circular this morning when 6 Music played 'Barry & Freda' by Victoria Wood. Soon enough I was tapping the steering well and laughing along. Fantastic.

If we're on a car journey and we're all in the car, it's radio 2 or Heart. If it's just me, it's invariably Five Live or a Stones CD which is in the tray.
Heart is our car music too - current pop to keep the kids quiet, and just enough decent '80s singles for me and the missus. The only other thing we can all agree on listening to is The Aquabats.

If I listen to the radio it will always be 5 Live, or 5 Live Sports Extra! If we're on a long car journey with the boys, they have a DVD in the back or we all get to listen to the Fantastic Mr. Fox, which I'm completely sick of!

If I listen to the radio it will always be 5 Live, or 5 Live Sports Extra! If we're on a long car journey with the boys, they have a DVD in the back or we all get to listen to the Fantastic Mr. Fox, which I'm completely sick of!

Five Live, 6 Music or podcasts if on my own. With children in the back, the soundtrack to Frozen is often requested, but they are both starting to like Crowded House and Bruce Springsteen which is fine by me!

Heart is our car music too - current pop to keep the kids quiet, and just enough decent '80s singles for me and the missus. The only other thing we can all agree on listening to is The Aquabats.

I like Dreamboat Annie by Heart.

Back