• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Have had a fab day over at Marsh Farm with the Junior Blues. Massive thanks to the players who gave up their time and came over, some with their families and happily spent time chatting, signing and posing for photos. Glorious day too, which always helps.

Can you name and shamefame those players who turned up?

Can you name and shamefame those players who turned up?

We were told in advance that we were unlikely to get those who played last night, so, actually we were very pleased that Dan and Tyrone, of those who played a full 90, came along. We had Graham Coughlan, Paul Smith, Dan Bentley, John White, Luke O'Neill, Tyrone Barnett, Glen Kamara, Jamar Loza, Sam McQueen and Noel Hunt, plus Dan Matsazuka, Nico Cotton and one other from the unders who turned up as we were packing up. Tyrone brought his family along and they were having a whale of a time.

Some may have seen on Twitter about ice-cream gate, Noel and Luke had a bit of a coming together with Noel's ice-cream!
Marsh Farm March 2016.jpg

We were told in advance that we were unlikely to get those who played last night, so, actually we were very pleased that Dan and Tyrone, of those who played a full 90, came along. We had Graham Coughlan, Paul Smith, Dan Bentley, John White, Luke O'Neill, Tyrone Barnett, Glen Kamara, Jamar Loza, Sam McQueen and Noel Hunt, plus Dan Matsazuka, Nico Cotton and one other from the unders who turned up as we were packing up. Tyrone brought his family along and they were having a whale of a time.

Some may have seen on Twitter about ice-cream gate, Noel and Luke had a bit of a coming together with Noel's ice-cream!
View attachment 4005

I'm sure everyone had a great time, and that it took a lot of organising, but that picture makes it look like more players turned up than Junior Blues. What was the the turnout actually like?

I'm sure everyone had a great time, and that it took a lot of organising, but that picture makes it look like more players turned up than Junior Blues. What was the the turnout actually like?

It's really hard to gauge because the JBs don't book this through us, so if some turned up and we missed them they weren't told about the photo opportunity or given the yellow stickers. Then, the players arrived about half an hour later than we'd been led to believe, so the children that were ready for 1.30, which was when we'd expected to do the photo, wandered off to do other things, I know of 5 regulars who were on tractor rides when we did the photo but they came back and had photos done with some of them on their own. We reckoned there were about 20 or so JBs, which was down on last year but then Marsh Farm offered a much more attractive discount on the family tickets for members last year rather than the discount on individual members' tickets this time.

We picked up some new members at the event though, including a family just back from living in Australia! At the end of the day, it's about PR and getting awareness out there, and it certainly did this - we sold out of our autograph books so I know there were plenty of children out there who aren't members going about getting autographs!

It's really hard to gauge because the JBs don't book this through us, so if some turned up and we missed them they weren't told about the photo opportunity or given the yellow stickers. Then, the players arrived about half an hour later than we'd been led to believe, so the children that were ready for 1.30, which was when we'd expected to do the photo, wandered off to do other things, I know of 5 regulars who were on tractor rides when we did the photo but they came back and had photos done with some of them on their own. We reckoned there were about 20 or so JBs, which was down on last year but then Marsh Farm offered a much more attractive discount on the family tickets for members last year rather than the discount on individual members' tickets this time.

We picked up some new members at the event though, including a family just back from living in Australia! At the end of the day, it's about PR and getting awareness out there, and it certainly did this - we sold out of our autograph books so I know there were plenty of children out there who aren't members going about getting autographs!

Interesting. I'm sure everyone had a good time too...

Bravo Kay - I bet the Col Ewe players & fans don't do anything like this. Can you imagine the clean up bill and the hours of RSPCA time that would be required?

Interesting. I'm sure everyone had a good time too...

Yes, they did. Like I said Tyrone Barnett's kids were having a great time, and the players were very relaxed too. Noel Hunt is a great character, and however much people might think he's been a waste of money, he brings an awful lot to the squad as a whole. The whole business with the ice-cream was so funny!

It also gave me the opportunity to have a good chat with the new media manager as we'd not met before, so we were able to discuss stuff for the future which was always problematic with the previous incumbent.

Incidentally, to give him his due, the other young player who turned up was Norman Wabo.

There was an artist (Andrew Small) in our local library when I popped into change MK Jnr's books who's designed a bandstand for our local park and was getting kids to help design deckchairs. MK Jnr loves her art, so she's straight in there making a seaside design - and he asks her to put a word on the design related to the seaside.....a certain footballl team from the Essex riveria will now be taking pride of place on said deckchair designs in Milton Keynes..... :smile:

A conversation I had with a colleague really made me laugh. He told me his son (18) played his last ever match for his Sunday league side last week. The team has been together since they were U12s, and this was their last match as U18s. He has since played for the first team in their local league. He's the only player from the U18s to play for the first team so far.

This colleague said his son played the last 20 minutes, but also said that it is a real step up in language!

I should be ****ed off as the trains were all screwy and I walked into work, but it's a nice sunny morning, I had an old Danny Baker podcast on the Ipod so it's all good.

View attachment 4005

A curious mixture of right-backs, loanees, goalkeepers and youths. Oh and Noel Hunt.

Was ice cream gate because it wasn't Rossi?

Back