• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

I am but minutes away from knocking off work for the week and going down the pub for several games of darts.

I have a Whyte 901 which is my third child.
I have the 806. Also a great road bike ( not popular in UK and therefore very cheap) and a charge something for the station. It is actually the most expensive of the 3 but I got it second hand, it is scratched and looks boring plus the bike compound at the station is very secure so I am hopeful that it doesn't get knicked

Yesterday rather than today but....took my Mum out to The Roslin in Thorpe Bay yesterday for her birthday. Excellent.

I have just seen a man put his tie over his shoulder before using the urinal.

If his technique is that bad a damp tie is surely the least of his problems.

I have just seen a man put his tie over his shoulder before using the urinal.

If his technique is that bad a damp tie is surely the least of his problems.

I must live in the past. Back in the day one would never look at another man when standing at the urinals, neither to left or to right. Looking straight forward and staring at that area 18 ins or so away from your face, be it an advert or graffiti or just tiles. To look at another would suggest that you were about to peak at his todger, and just was not done.

Yesterday rather than today but....took my Mum out to The Roslin in Thorpe Bay yesterday for her birthday. Excellent.

Really? Went there a few weeks ago with the better half and it was bad - the fishfingers were overdone and the steak was tough as mrsblue. Service was just OK - but it was packed so I doubt my review will change things.

Really? Went there a few weeks ago with the better half and it was bad - the fishfingers were overdone and the steak was tough as mrsblue. Service was just OK - but it was packed so I doubt my review will change things.

I had lobster tagliatelle. Top drawer. Same for the guinea fowl my Mum ordered.

I was very impressed with the kid's meals too - children normally get a bit fobbed off, but our lot all had fish and chips and it was a really good bit of cod. They also all got really nice colouring/activity packs to keep them occupied.

The maitre'd was excellent, although I'll concede that his underlings were not all that great.

I'm sure the weather helped too - sun shining in off the sea made it even more enjoyable.

Yesterday rather than today, but I watched my son's Sunday League team. They drew 7-7. Apart from it being a really fun game to watch I saw my son make a goal with some fantastic football.

They only play 5 aside at their age, but my son was given the ball by the 'keeper. He dropped his shoulder and went past one of the opposition, did the same to the second, faked a pass to get past the third, and drew the last defender to him before passing to a team-mate who only had the 'keeper to beat, which he did.

It was a fantastic piece of football that made me so proud I smiled for the rest of the day.

I was very impressed with the kid's meals too - children normally get a bit fobbed off, but our lot all had fish and chips and it was a really good bit of cod. They also all got really nice colouring/activity packs to keep them occupied.

The maitre'd was excellent, although I'll concede that his underlings were not all that great.

I'm sure the weather helped too - sun shining in off the sea made it even more enjoyable.

Fair enough, you went on a good day!

ps to keep the thread on track:

my eldest's birthday on Sunday, so a weekend of roller disco, food, drink, and a house that wasn't empty from Saturday morning until last night - Saturday night we had six girls stay over and yesterday we had friends and both sets of parents.

One thing a restaurant in Southend ought to be able to do is decent fish. Even my mum goes to Leigh to buy it straight off the boat. Can't get fresher than that!

Back