• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Lewis.

My wife ordered new bedding on line about 5 weeks ago. After putting in the order on line we then received an email to say that one of the sheets was out of stock, and would be delivered separately.

After about 3-4 weeks I rang to find out what was going on, to be told it would be with us in two weeks. Yesterday (10 days into the 2 weeks) I rang to ensure this was still the case, only to be told that it is still out of stock and wouldn’t be back in stock until November, if at all. I then pointed out that if I hadn’t called back we could have been left waiting and waiting with no call back from them.

However, the helpful person said that some of their stores still had some in stock and that she would get one close to me to ring and arrange payment and delivery. Instead they rang me to say they didn’t have any in stock. I then asked them to email their customer services back to tell them that, and get them to ring me back to sort this out.

Needless to say none of that happened. So I rang back this morning to be told that they would get a different branch to call me to arrange payment and delivery, and the CS agent promised to call me back in two and half hours to ensure that the store had called, and dealt with it.

The store did leave me a message (I was in the gym) to say that they couldn’t do anything because they didn’t have any in stock either. Needless to say that after about 4 hours I still hadn’t received a call back from the CS agent.

So, I called again to sort this out.

You’ll have to look at the “What is making you happy today” thread to see the outcome!

I am coming down to Southend at the end of this month - my first visit in three years. We are coming because my wife wants to meet an old school friend who will only be available on the Monday. Imagine with what anticipation I awaited the publication of the Fixture List:

Saturday 23rd - Away. At Carlisle. The one game that is nearer (just) to me than to Southend. Oh well, must be at home on...

Saturday 30th - Away. At Plymouth.

Bugger. :'( :sad:

People in the office (notably the 20+ age group it has to be said), flouting an already fairly relaxed dress code policy.Lately I've seen trainers, denim, Hawiian shirts and even shorts.....not to mention a lad opposite me who's insisting that every friday is a "dress down day".......:facepalm:

And then I'm hacked off at myself for being hacked off with these people. :sad: hashtaggettingonabit

People in the office (notably the 20+ age group it has to be said), flouting an already fairly relaxed dress code policy.Lately I've seen trainers, denim, Hawiian shirts and even shorts.....not to mention a lad opposite me who's insisting that every friday is a "dress down day".......:facepalm:

And then I'm hacked off at myself for being hacked off with these people. :sad: hashtaggettingonabit

I'm sat here in shorts and a t-shirt. Get with the programme grandad!

On antibiotics with a chest infection - not so much fun when you're coughing through the night and keeping everyone up!

Ladders are bloody expensive! :angry:

Yeah I was looking to buy a long ladder so I can paint my house. Over £150 for a decent three-section ladder, I might as well put towards a painter to do the job for me. I know they're an investment and last a long time but still.

Yeah I was looking to buy a long ladder so I can paint my house. Over £150 for a decent three-section ladder, I might as well put towards a painter to do the job for me. I know they're an investment and last a long time but still.

My father in law has one, but I haven't got a way to get it home unless I hire a van.

I'm after spraying some sealant on the exterior walls, which is pretty cheap. I asked for a quote from a bloke who did next door and he wants £500! Jeez, it'd take no longer than an hour!

I'm at uni and was looking forward to making a few away games with some shorter journeys this season to see some new grounds, etc, so checked the closest trips to follow SUFC, Cheltenham is before I'm back at Uni, Oxford and Portsmouth are both in the middle of exam period, Wycombe is the weekend I'm due back for Christmas, Exeter is the weekend I'm due back for Easter, and Newport is a Tuesday night which isn't exactly ideal. Great timing.

I'm at uni and was looking forward to making a few away games with some shorter journeys this season to see some new grounds, etc, so checked the closest trips to follow SUFC, Cheltenham is before I'm back at Uni, Oxford and Portsmouth are both in the middle of exam period, Wycombe is the weekend I'm due back for Christmas, Exeter is the weekend I'm due back for Easter, and Newport is a Tuesday night which isn't exactly ideal. Great timing.

See my moan above - welcome to the Fixture List Victim's Club. :nope:

After having a package being delivered from America arrive 2 weeks late only to find out that 4 out of the 5 items have been seized by Customs with a useless note that basically says "oh look these regulations state we can take these" with no real reason apart from something to do with the Trade in Animals and Related Products Regulations. I can either challenge it, yet I don't even know the reason, or write to them and ask for them to be returned to me.

:angry:

The fact that you get a ticket easy for parking in and around Leigh and westcliff yet car salesman can just park on the London road all day for nothing without a single ticket being issued even though there is an hour limit. Proper ****es me off

Back